Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #666
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #666  (Read 56277 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2007, 10:53:15 PM »

Well, most recently I've just been playing between Persona 3 and Suikoden V.

In Suikoden V, I just recruited about 10 characters.  I have to comment on again on another pain in the ass character to recruit
Code:
Genoh ok leveling up one of my elderly characters so it's one level below mine was just in my opinion wasted time in the game.  I'm a little over thirty hours now but if you didn't count the time I spent leveling up Alhazred, I'd probably be at much less.  The only compensation is that Genoh is pretty frickin' cool, but it takes up two character spaces in the party so don't think i'll use him too much.

The only complaint I have so far is that recruiting can sometimes make the game not fun.  I like seeing my army grow bigger and no doubt if it works out and I get all 108 SOD, the ending would be worth it, but sometimes I just get so frustrated.  It's probably because I love games for their stories and I have to keep stalling the story to recruit characters.  As you can see I'm not a patient person, which is probably why Suikoden games weren't made for players like me.  I will finish this game eventually however I think it's going to take me a while.  I seem to only be able to bring myself to play this game in spurts.  

As for Persona 3, like D-Rider said, it's hard to say where you're at in the game.  I'm around 20 hours or so.  I joined the photography club not too long ago.  I've kinda been playing the team manager and student council treasurer...I'll probably go for the team manager though.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2007, 12:48:37 AM »

Beat Lolo. Was tough, but didn't completely destroy me like when I was a kid. Got past the fire cup in Super Mario Strikers and to the Library in Halo.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2007, 09:22:55 AM »

Started up Tales of the Abyss. Wow, the graphics in this game don't hold a candle to Symphonia. Still, it's not downright ugly, so it's not that big a deal.
I'm only 2 hours in. Supposed to go find the animals that raided the storehouse in this town I'm in.
Luke is understandably annoying, and Tear is just cool. I like her voice.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2007, 01:54:15 PM »

So I just hit October in Persona 3 and...yeah.  My respect for the game just went up that much more, and I already loved it before then.  I also unlocked what has to be my favorite social link (so far), but unfortunately it's a bit difficult to progress.  Which is understandable given the person.  It never ceases to amaze me how SMT can manage to pull off rather interesting analyses of complex issues with "typical" young RPG characters.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Started up Tales of the Abyss. Wow, the graphics in this game don't hold a candle to Symphonia. Still, it's not downright ugly, so it's not that big a deal.
I'm only 2 hours in. Supposed to go find the animals that raided the storehouse in this town I'm in.
Luke is understandably annoying, and Tear is just cool. I like her voice.

Yeah, Abyss has TERRIBLE graphics, especially considering that Symphonia was one of the best looking games on the GameCube. I'd actually go as far as to say that they ARE downright ugly. Still, the plot and characters MORE than make up for it, allowing the game to surpass ToS by quite a bit. Give Luke some time, he becomes a fascinating character.

On my end, I just gave in to peer pressure and bought Persona 3. Haven't had much time to play it yet, but so far, the graphical style looks intruiging.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »

Man, I must be one of the few here who like ToS better than TotA, and I prefer the characters more in ToS than in TotA, albeit Genis is in the game, because I hate him.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: September 14, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »

Persona 3:

I'm almost halfway through June.  I recruited the chick with too many U's in her name and made it up to floor 35 almost entirely because of Mitsuru's awesomeness.

I'm getting closer to tapping that kendo manager's ass, I've struck up a pedorific relationship in a playground, and I've decided to totally blow off that annoying Student Council asshole.  The only reason I even signed up for the latter is because I thought I'd end up interacting with Mitsuru more often, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Man, this game is good.  For once, you assholes didn't overhype. :P

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »

Finished up the summer vacation trip in Persona 3. Those were some of the best scenes so far, further solidifying that Junpei is just all kinds of awesome.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »

NHL '08.  The A.I. in this one is sick.  I've lost like 7 out of 10 games I've played so far...how sad is that?  I'm ashamed to call myself a Canadian:(

Seriously though, the skill stick requires a lot of practice.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »

I played some Persona 3 last night (between work and my studies, I'm surprised I actually had some time to play.)  I'm at the whole
Code:
Junpei/Chidori
part of the storyline, after
Code:
Shinjiro rejoins SEES.
 I'm on the 122nd floor of Tartarus.  My main is level 42, but I'm itching to get to level 45 so I can get the Lachesis persona.  I gained a soft spot for the Moirae Sisters in SMT: Nocturne (Atropos was my MVP in many boss battles) so I want all three.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2007, 12:34:35 PM »

About 55 hours into Persona, lots of tricksy plot stuff going on.  I'm curious to see how this game ends.

Picked up Heavenly Sword yesterday as well, only on Chapter 2 but...wow.  Best PS3 game I've played, which isn't surprising because the demo was all kinds of awesome as well.  I can't really find any complaints with this game.  Reviews say it's too short and the combat system is decent.  I play RPG's, so action games will feel short to me regardless, but I prefer action games to only be 5-15 hours, makes it easier to replay.  Definitely a game worth playing, if anybody else has PS3, give Heavenly Sword a try.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
NHL '08.  The A.I. in this one is sick.  I've lost like 7 out of 10 games I've played so far...how sad is that?  I'm ashamed to call myself a Canadian:(

Seriously though, the skill stick requires a lot of practice.

Are you playing on PS3 or Xbox 360?  If on the PS3, my PSN name is Aerim; I'd love to throw down a couple of games.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2007, 05:27:15 PM »

^ Would have been nice man, but I gots the 360 version.  Haven't played online yet and i'm not going to until I get a little more comfortable with the skill stick.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

I've been on something of a Dead Rising bender recently.  There is just something profoundly good in making your way through masses of the living dead with a sledgehammer.  Dead Rising 2 needs cheese graters and Foreman Grills.

Trying to pick up the few achievments I havent gotten yet, Clothes horse still eludes me and I have no idea what I havent tried on, PP collector and 7 day survivor(which I doubt I'll ever get...) 14 hours of straight play? no thanks... and I don't leave my system on unattended, so pausing it overnight doesnt sound good to me.  

Other then that, trying to decide whether to start Wild Arms 4(has been sitting on my shelf unopened since it came out hehe) or Rogue Galaxy, which I played all of 45 minutes of but seemed to like.

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: September 15, 2007, 02:04:30 AM »

Finally beat Persona 2!

Pretty satisfying ending, overall. After such an awesome, awesome journey, it was great to see everything come to a close. One thing I especially liked about the ending in particular is that it didn't just focus on the main characters, and actually showed what the sub-characters ended up doing after all was said and done (including one character whom I don't think I ever met. :P I'm guessing he was in Nate's quest).

Code:
I was pretty happy to see that Ulala and Baofu ended up together in the end. I'm still debating as to whether they got married or not. Ulala's final words ("Miki...I'll take care of him...so don't worry...") make me think that they did, though. Their relationship was a fun one to watch throughout the game, and their closing sequence at Miki's grave site was well done.

I do have a question concerning Tatsuya, though. The final sequence with him and Katsuya shows his 'This Side' form, who was abscent for the entire length of the game. Did the 'Other Side' Tatsuya finally give up his memories in order to close the Paradox between the worlds, thus creating 'This Side' Tatsuya? I didn't really understand how he managed to split himself into two forms, I guess, but it probably isn't all that important. An answer/theory/whatever from one of you would be great.

Great game; loved it from start to finish. The folks at Atlus are really good at what they do. :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: