Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:07:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #666
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #666  (Read 56409 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »

Star Ocean 3: In two days, I got as far as I did in a month of playing sparsely.

Nice!

Once I get home from work tonight, I will play more.  And hopefully recruit Maria!

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2007, 09:43:28 PM »

Persona 3:

Man, fuck the asshole that designed block five.  Design ideas inspired by a fucking Lite-Brite should never pass muster.

Man, this game has gotten depressing as all hell over the past two days. :P

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Persona 3:

Man, fuck the asshole that designed block five.  Design ideas inspired by a fucking Lite-Brite should never pass muster.

Hahah! I know what you mean, not only did I suffer a migrane, but to sink that low after a floor that had more gold and class than midas.

VP2:
Code:
In Valhalla; Lezard betrays all your peeps, and I'm over-powered for once in that game...sweet sweet game.

Hotel Dusk:  I beat it, didnt take long.  Great ass game.  Aside from some puzzles being a bit veigue (chalk on pen?) what a cool game.  But...
Gameplay < Story < Character Development
Great artist too, a kinda interesting mix of anime and realism in each active portrait.  The details in the portrait were so precise, the game didn't need voice acting.

Trauma Center [DS]: I made a mistake of playing the Wii one then this.  Nevertheless, fun concept.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »

Persona 3: I'm on floor 160 in Tartarus.  Outside of Tartarus, I'm studying for exams.  

I'm disappointed that nothing cool seemed to happen when I had all three Moirae sisters.  I couldn't fuse them into something cool.  I decided Clotho and Lachesis were wasting space so I dismissed them.  I can always buy them back later if I discover something cool does happen.  I have Atropos and she's got some powerful attacks.  I'll probably hang onto her.  

However, the A-rank personas in my current arsenal are probably Titania and Kikuri-Hime; I switch to Suzaku when I need lightning.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »

Well, I decided to play some Persona 3 despite my Suikoden V obsession and now I will say I am EQUALLY obsessed with both games, so you know my sleep levels are bound to be majorly disrupted.

Let's see, in Persona 3, I'm finally on summer vacation, just got back from the little vacation not too long ago, now I have to train for my Kendo tournament.  I'm trying to let down the student council treasurer easily, after she told me she had dreams about me because I want to get with Yuko, i hope I didn't ruin my chances by spending the amount of time I did with the treasurer, blah.  

I've also been playing Xenosaga Episode III on and off since I finished episode I not too long ago, and I've been dying to play III since everybody said it was a pretty good conclusion to the series.  It's hard to come right from I and then into II---Too many changes with the characters, Shion's a bitch and it annoys the hell out of me, and the sexy outfit? I liked her being more on the conservative side and the voice changes are icky.  Also, the music...to go from the orchestra in I to this AHHHHH! I hate it and those stupid GS campaigns.  But I am sure you have all heard these complaints before, nothing new.  I knew it had its problems, but I want to play through the whole series.

So, I'm about 15 and 1/2 hours in.  I just beat Orgulla, damn bitch kept targeting the same character over and over again, but I somehow managed to survive and not use too many items (i miss having shops!).  The plot is about the only thing that I feel is up to par with 1, which is what keeps me playing.  

And I'm not even attempting Wild Arms for a while, because as all of you can see I've put too many RPG's on my plate as it is.  Hopefully, I finish one of those soon and then I can get back to WA.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: September 19, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Persona 3:

Yeah, at first when I got to that block it was pretty cool.  But 2 minutes later I realized it was just a total pain in the ass.  Although I like how the background for the battles becomes this huge 3-D Lite-Brite area, complete with rainbows and shit.  I just watched some more emo-ass cutscenes.  This game is dark - lots of extreme gun violence and even some emo wrist cutting.

I just beat the 171st floor boss and it's November.  Preparing to fight the Stasis Giants, which I've heard are going to rape me.

Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:19 PM »

I'm 30ish hours into SO3.  Maria kicks ass.  The story has started to pick up as well.  I have tomorrow off, so I'll probably devote most of the day to getting even deeper in.

Deeper down.

CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA

Deeper I go.....  Deeper down...................

*Grows a mustache and cries a lot.*

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2007, 08:12:01 PM »

Persona 3:

Sure, the last few bosses in Tartarus have been assholes, but nothing compares to that shit on floor 171.  Of course, most of the bullshit is self-inflicted; my main group consists of both Yukari and Aigis, and both of them are weak to electricity.  I've managed to power through other electrical-based fights, but I think this one has me licked.  The only thing I can think of is to switch those two out for Akihiko and Ken...but they're both 25+ levels shy of where they should be.  I'm not looking forward to that at all.

I swear, if I could make a persona that nulls electricity AND slash, I think I'd solo that shit. :P

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »

Neglected gaming over the weekend, but played some Ar tonelico yesterday and today. Got to the Teru tribe's home and did the Ordeal. Just need to synthesize that stupid item.

I think I'm going to try and beat Growlanser II tonight. I've been stuck on the final boss since... forever. We'll see what happens.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2007, 11:39:39 PM »

I ended up deciding that I was too Persona'd out, so I put off Persona 3 and started up Wild Arms 5.

It's pretty sweet so far. Graphics are gorgeous (I've heard that they look disgusting, but they're nice'n'crisp in my eyes), battle system is fun, music is catchy (the wild west tracks, anyway), and the world map is awesome! It's no DQVIII, but it's the next best thing. :P

Code:
I just finished up the Wayward Path (?), the dungeon you go to after Greg blows up the train you were riding.

JOHNNY APPLESEED WTFz!?./1
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: September 20, 2007, 08:03:50 AM »

I hit the top of the 4th block in Tartarus; floor 164 I think.  I picked up the Devil S-link.  I've been ignoring S-links lately, so I should try waiting for phone calls at night instead of going to Tartarus almost every night.  It'd be nice if I could call people in the game instead of waiting for them to call me.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »

January in Persona 3.  Starting to hit some of the uber fusions from the past, which needless to say have made the game much easier (one I just got has null to like 5 elements, including all the physical attacks, which makes it next to impossible for it to die, hehe).  I actually kind of like some of the new music, which is saying a lot when I can only tolerate it at best for much of the rest.

And yeah, block 5 was almost stroberiffic (not a good thing when you have to spend as much time in there as you do). :p Hopefully not the start of a pattern. >_>

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »

201st Floor Boss on Persona.  Stormed through the last few bosses rather easily, in part because of having awesome Personae.  Going to push to get to the end of this game faster, already got 60 hours invested.

Also, it takes forever to max out S. Links with the girls.  I've seen Yukari like 6 times in a row without gaining any S. Link levels.  She needs to give it up already.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2007, 01:57:10 AM »

Plugged a few more hours into Wild Arms 5 today.

Code:
I just arrived at Laila Belle, and signed Dean up for the Golem Hunter club, or whatever the heck it's called.

So far the story has been fairly easy to predict, at least when it comes to the main characters (I don't really care about the bad guys at this point).

Code:
My next prediction: I'm expecting Carol to be that crazy Professor's assistant that he was talking about. Also, I doubt this'll be true, but if Nightburn turns out to be Dean's dad, I'm going to officially lose all hope in RPG storylines for good :P

Still fun. I just want my Monowheel already...
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2007, 02:35:32 AM »

Star Ocean 3.

Kaddan Temple.

Oh God, what a massive dungeon.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: