Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341235 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #666
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #666  (Read 56461 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »

"Highway Star" is easily my favorite segment in Elite Beat Agents.  I've finished the first 8 and am on to the rest.  The one with "September" by Earth Wind & Fire gave me some trouble.  

In Persona 3, I hit some plot.  
Code:
The Junpei-Chidori subplot was resolved.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

Beat Halo 3 on Heroic, 3p Co-Op.  Only took 5-6 hours, but it was fun.

I'm at the December 31st choice on Persona 3.  I'm going to check out both endings.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Plain truth: Gig rules, Danette drools.  Is she really so fucking stupid that she doesn't even realize how fucking stupid she is?  

Yup, she's a stupid cow. I <3 when Gig disses her.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: September 27, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »

Persona 3:

God damn, this last fucking boss can kiss my ass.  I get further along each time I try it, but it's still rough going.  I finally got past the Lovers section, but as soon as I started to pat myself on the back, the fucker charged up and hit me with a Gigantic Fist that took twice my main character's total hp.

My patience is wearing thin. :P

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: September 27, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Persona 3:

God damn, this last fucking boss can kiss my ass.  I get further along each time I try it, but it's still rough going.  I finally got past the Lovers section, but as soon as I started to pat myself on the back, the fucker charged up and hit me with a Gigantic Fist that took twice my main character's total hp.

My patience is wearing thin. :P

There is always grinding in a certain area, but if you want to defeat the final boss without levling much, than kudos to you.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: September 27, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »

Quote from: "AJR"
-- Game Suggestions --

Yeah, I'm totally hyped to play Brave Story from all I have heard.  And Loco Roco has both myself and the wife interested as it looks original which is somewhat rare these days.

Own the original PS1 Tales of Eternia and Valkyrie Profile!

Thanks for the suggestions, mate.

As for the journal, all I have been playing over the last few days has been FFXI.  Although I am itching to start Okami as it's just collecting dust now.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Finished Final Fantasy 9 and am starting my first game of Wild Arms (the original) in about 9 years.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »

Bounty Hounds is a fairly impressive Diablo-style title for the PSP - I highly recommend it, especially seeing as most places carry it for less than $20 US, now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2007, 08:59:09 PM »

Finished MP1, started MP2, and got GoWII in the mail. MP2's good but I really dislike how dead the first few areas are, and GoWII's pretty fun so far.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »

Persona 3:

Fuck this game.  I had the last boss in the bag; one hit from anything would have killed it.  But my main got paralyzed with fear right before I got hit with a big multi-hit attack, so I had to depend on the AI to heal everybody.  Instead of the multi-heal however, she goes for the single heal on herself.  He does the attack again and everyone else dies except her.  This is the culmination of a fucking 45 minute fight we're talking about here.

I haven't liked computer-controlled characters since Dragon Warrior IV, and shit like this most recent waste of time is exactly why.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: September 28, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Finished MP1, started MP2, and got GoWII in the mail. MP2's good but I really dislike how dead the first few areas are, and GoWII's pretty fun so far.

Meh, Echoes always seemed pretty uninspired to me, through and through. Sure, the last area is a little cooler, but it also seems incredibly out of place in the Metroid universe... feels like it would fit better in Sonic the Hedgehog. When it comes to Metroid, I just tend to conveniently forget about Echoes, Hunters, and sometimes even Fusion if I'm in a bad mood, although I'll admit that it feels like they were at least TRYING with Fusion.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: September 28, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »

Persona 3:

Beaten...after gaining fifteen levels in just over an hour.  I wanted to make damn sure that what happened before didn't happen so easily again. :P

I dug the ending, which surprised me.  It's been a while since I haven't hated one. :P  I wish I had known that the big decision was actually a Big Decision; I would've kept a save right before it so I could go for the other ending.  There's always the next time around, I guess.

...Man, I want to play Fes. :(  Especially since they

Code:
hype the everliving fuck out of Aigis turning more humanoid during the course of the ending.  She turned out to be my favorite character, and I'd love to hear more of her story.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: September 28, 2007, 10:23:40 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Quote from: "Eusis"

Meh, Echoes always seemed pretty uninspired to me, through and through. Sure, the last area is a little cooler, but it also seems incredibly out of place in the Metroid universe... feels like it would fit better in Sonic the Hedgehog. When it comes to Metroid, I just tend to conveniently forget about Echoes, Hunters, and sometimes even Fusion if I'm in a bad mood, although I'll admit that it feels like they were at least TRYING with Fusion.

I've said what I think of MP2 before, so I won't bring that up again. But you didn't like Fusion? Whaaa?

Also, I keep finding more and more awesome buried inside Halo 3.

[/url]
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: September 29, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »

P3: I got the bad ending, restarted, and decided to take a break from that game for a while.

Now I'm sinking my teeth into Radiata Stories, and having a ball so far. The battle system sucks dick, but the graphics - and to a lesser extent, the music -are fantastic, and I really like the characters.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »

Playing lots of FFXI obviously, but ZOMG, the missus found a really fucking decent PS1 emu, so I can play our NA PS1 games again!

Doesn't help having a bajillion PS1 RPGs and not having a means of playing them!!!

So I can now play my legit games!!!!!!!!!

Playing Suikoden between games of FFXI.  Fucking win.  PS1 has some fucking amazing titles.

I hope once I get to play Suiko II, it's as good as everyone says.  If not, I want my money back.  :(((

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: