Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327890 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 107170 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: July 13, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »

Been watching Frasier at work....because I pretty much have nothing else to do.

It holds up well. I'd forgotten how much of a British farce the show sometimes turns into.

Only three more seasons to go!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »

It holds up well. I'd forgotten how much of a British farce the show sometimes turns into.

Did you figure out what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

....they're calling again.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: July 14, 2014, 01:03:20 AM »

That's one of the shows that I've never made an effort to watch... but yet when it's one I go "I totally saw that episode."

It's usually pretty good and I love sitcoms that have characters that are never seen. To wit: Nile's wife and in Cheers, Norm's wife.

In Seinfield, Kramer's friend Bob Sacemono
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: July 20, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »

*Dyuuuu* (bass sound)

doo doo doo

GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

Added just a bit (because I kept hearing it in my head otherwise!!!)
http://laughingsquid.com/the-story-behind-frasiers-tossed-salad-and-scrambled-eggs/
And a URL to explain some of the "huh-what?" about the lyrics.

Legend of Korra!  ...Sans Korra!!

= Yeah there was like no Korra this week.  I honestly think the girl gets way too much hate most of the time.  Anyways.    ....Oh, Asami was completely gone too.

= So was Toph.... such a shame.  But alas, the present is more important.  But also, who made the metal city?  Toph was busy with police work a while quite some time, but she seems quite revered there anyways.  Bah, whatever.

= I don't really know where this season is going... Despite Season 2's flaws, it was much more "epic" in scope and scale in terms of where it was all heading down (and I'd argue probably a better end-note to leave off on for TLoK given its connection to the first Avatar).  Right now we got the 4 evil elemental "Sailor Scouts" getting around the country....aaand...?  Nevertheless, I *do* think its good whenever the show has the opportunity to flesh out its other cast members, The Last Airbender managed some of its best episodes this way too.

= Needless to say, the fight between Su and Lin was epic.  Then again, this show has *never* had a problem with some truly awesome looking kung fu.  Opal is also, like, the sweetest thing on the planet.

= I also love that this show isn't afraid to create, daresay, less perfect-looking characters.  There's no doubt that TLA and TLoK take a lot of anime inspiration, but doesn't fall into the extreme aspects of *always* making it about looking pretty like this bullshit does.  If a character is old, then they'll show it (with the exception that a lot of these character do stay fit....cuz martial arts).  Bumi is a great example of this because he has just some gut but still stays fit in other areas.  Hell, both of the female villains are far from beautiful; one has missing limbs and cheek bones that could cut through glass and the other shaves her head on either side. Korra herself is hardly petite but actually quite bulky and muscular.  And as usual, the animation has been top notch to keep things looking 'pretty' in other ways.

= On that, it's quite a star-studded cast that comes in to record these days, isn't it?  I don't know what (to be fair) B-list celeb hasn't had a voice credit on either Korra or even TLA.

= OMG.  Bosco!!  Did the show really just suggest what I think it suggested?!?!?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: July 20, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »

*Dyuuuu* (bass sound)

doo doo doo

GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

Added just a bit (because I kept hearing it in my head otherwise!!!)
http://laughingsquid.com/the-story-behind-frasiers-tossed-salad-and-scrambled-eggs/
And a URL to explain some of the "huh-what?" about the lyrics.

Legend of Korra!  ...Sans Korra!!

= Yeah there was like no Korra this week.  I honestly think the girl gets way too much hate most of the time.  Anyways.    ....Oh, Asami was completely gone too.

= So was Toph.... such a shame.  But alas, the present is more important.  But also, who made the metal city?  Toph was busy with police work a while quite some time, but she seems quite revered there anyways.  Bah, whatever.

= I don't really know where this season is going... Despite Season 2's flaws, it was much more "epic" in scope and scale in terms of where it was all heading down (and I'd argue probably a better end-note to leave off on for TLoK given its connection to the first Avatar).  Right now we got the 4 evil elemental "Sailor Scouts" getting around the country....aaand...?  Nevertheless, I *do* think its good whenever the show has the opportunity to flesh out its other cast members, The Last Airbender managed some of its best episodes this way too.

= Needless to say, the fight between Su and Lin was epic.  Then again, this show has *never* had a problem with some truly awesome looking kung fu.  Opal is also, like, the sweetest thing on the planet.

= I also love that this show isn't afraid to create, daresay, less perfect-looking characters.  There's no doubt that TLA and TLoK take a lot of anime inspiration, but doesn't fall into the extreme aspects of *always* making it about looking pretty like this bullshit does.  If a character is old, then they'll show it (with the exception that a lot of these character do stay fit....cuz martial arts).  Bumi is a great example of this because he has just some gut but still stays fit in other areas.  Hell, both of the female villains are far from beautiful; one has missing limbs and cheek bones that could cut through glass and the other shaves her head on either side. Korra herself is hardly petite but actually quite bulky and muscular.  And as usual, the animation has been top notch to keep things looking 'pretty' in other ways.

= On that, it's quite a star-studded cast that comes in to record these days, isn't it?  I don't know what (to be fair) B-list celeb hasn't had a voice credit on either Korra or even TLA.

= OMG.  Bosco!!  Did the show really just suggest what I think it suggested?!?!?

Also, has Mako done anything this season except glare at that boy? I guess they don't really know what to do with Asami these days. We should get more tension between her and Varrick.

I don't know where it's going either. I'm enjoying it though, it feels like the first season of Aang. Just moseying along, seein the sights, getting to know our characters.

Didn't Suyin and her husband build the Metal City? I thought he designed it at least. Toff did come from a very wealthy family, even before she became world famous as the first metal bender. I think she could get the money for it.

RE the bear. I KNOW RIGHT? WTF, that got dark.

PS. Opal is evil. I have nothing to back this up, other than her eyes creep me out.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: July 21, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »

I want to watch Fargo, but would like to finish Breaking Bad first. Will I be able to catch it on On Demand? How does one go about watching a show like that? is it available for (legally) free anywhere?

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: July 26, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »

Legend of Korra

= Eat dick Nick!

= Great episode again.  Great season so far (but I'm scared the ending will be awful for some reason....).

= I love that they either (a) Didn't bother animating tea drinking, or (b) Team Korra was smart enough to not drink tea from someone they were suspicious of....oldest trick in the book...!

= Bolin wins for the chuckles, but I'm kinda glad Verrick is back too -- for whatever reason.

= Was Aiwei supposed to be the most suspicious one here...or Suyin?

= The bending animation is seriously awesome.  You really feel the 'impact' and power of everything the cast does because they're so focused on this detail.  On that note: This was seriously an action-first episode, I barely remember any dialogue besides what Bolin and Verrick said.

= http://youtu.be/fu_5apjfl3Q  Legend of Korra game by Platinum!  Gameplay! And it doesn't look too bad!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: July 26, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »

Korra

Code:
Every episode I get a little more and more convinced that Opal is evil. Suyin was particularly suspicious this episode as well. She arrived very late to that fight scene and was making a HUGE show of how mad she was that the Four Elemental Crystal- er, I mean Benders got through her security. Not to mention how practically her entire palace is run by ex-criminals. This is my eyes is just laying the ground work for why Suyin would know and work with those four.

Why she helped Lin stop them kidnapping Korra, I don't know. She could have done it to save face, if nothing had went wrong she wouldn't have needed to show she was on Korra's side. But when it all went tits up, she had to, in order to keep a mole close to Korra. Obviously Aiwei had his part to play and isn't innocent.

The Four Elemental benders obviously don't want Korra dead, which makes me wonder as to what their intentions are. I'm not convinced they are strictly evil, I think we are heading towards a reveal that will show them in a different light, a more noble light. Greater good, maybe?

So, Opal is at the Northern Air Temple. She was pretty adept at Air Bending, or at least grasped it exceptionally quick for a newbie. Almost as if she had a teacher before besides Korra, someone who knew Air Bending. Someone like....Zaheer?? Dun dun dunnnn.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: July 26, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

Code:
Yeah I don't think the Four are evil, they drugged Korra than attempt to assassinate her.  Given how little motivations they have so far, death seems really simple and purposeless.  I'm not convinced by your Opal theory since you seem KEEN TO SEE WHAT YOU WANT... (jk), but I do agree something is really fishy here.  One of Su's lines (about Aiwei) was like "I thought we were family but it was all a lie" felt like it *could* have a double meaning, coupled with some peculiar 'zoom ins' (and even bothering to animate her brief 'interrogation' at all) made me super suspicious.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: July 26, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »

Code:
My feelings towards Opal are totally rational and not at all biased due to her creepy eyes.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: July 27, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

I want to watch Fargo, but would like to finish Breaking Bad first. Will I be able to catch it on On Demand? How does one go about watching a show like that? is it available for (legally) free anywhere?

I don't think it's on netflix/hulu yet. I too, want to watch it.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: July 28, 2014, 02:59:09 AM »

Korra

Code:
I don't think Su's evil, but I did think 'you done fucked up' pretending to support Lin and then going behind her back. Maybe they can try making up again in another 30 years.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: