Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246320 Posts in 7380 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 529685 times)
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3900 on: August 21, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »

Hm, have you guys seen Mirai Nikki? It looks kind of interesting despite the deranged kind of subject matter...
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3901 on: August 21, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »

Hm, have you guys seen Mirai Nikki? It looks kind of interesting despite the deranged kind of subject matter...

I liked the opening music sometimes. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3902 on: August 21, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »

I only read the English edition so I'm half a dozen volumes behind, but I'm sad to stay I'm not surprised he piled on some more bullshit. Kubo is zo preoccupied with revealing twists and introducing new characters, he tends to forget about important stuff he's already written. Like, Chad was supposed to be a central character in the Fullbringer arc? I literally can't remember him doing anything important aside from existing, which is, now that I think about it, pretty significant, as Kubo often forgets he exists, so... yeah.
Well Chad did introduce Ichigo to the Fullbringers and then fought Ichigo for a chapter before being immobilized by the secondary villain by having his memories messed with to the point of his mind nearly collapsing....so he did something. Oh right he also gave Ichigo a clue that awakened Ichigo to his stupid looking Fullbringer form that was used for half of a fight!

To be (somewhat?) fair, the Fullbringer arc seemed to be very poorly received so based off of pacing it is highly likely that Kubo was forced to rush through it to get to the final arc. So a shitty arc was made even shittier!

Gotta say, I'm surprised so many of you still follow Bleach despite ragging on it so much.  Like many I enjoyed it at first (really, the soul society story arc is still decent even today if you can consider it without all the baggage that followed...), but I haven't touched it in at least 8 years...
Eh it is included in Shonen Jump and takes like 2 min to read, so I have been reading it for laughs. If you go in expecting crap then you can get some B-Movie entertainment from the last arcs.
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3903 on: August 21, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »

I liked the opening music sometimes. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

I guess I was just surprised to sort of enjoy something so gory and crazy lol, normally don't like that kind of anime.

On the subject of Bleach, the anime at least, one thing is I always thought the music was pretty cool.

Plus in general I can totally remember parts of Bleach where it's some random antagonist and then BAM says something and I'm like wow that was really interesting lol, I think that's probably why people liked Bleach so much over the years, but then they would get impatient in all the between for those few moments.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:41:54 PM by Artimicia » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3904 on: August 22, 2016, 11:37:56 AM »

Gotta say, I'm surprised so many of you still follow Bleach despite ragging on it so much.  Like many I enjoyed it at first (really, the soul society story arc is still decent even today if you can consider it without all the baggage that followed...), but I haven't touched it in at least 8 years...

My guess is that everyone was just waiting for catgirl to come out and get with her closeted lesbian lover.

From the general noise level of the finale's response, I'm guessing that this did not come to pass.

It was alright until the time loop kicked in, then it went straight off a cliff (which is actually kind of amazing in of its own right, given how pre-established that twist was yet the execution just fubar'd the whole shebang).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3905 on: August 22, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »

My guess is that everyone was just waiting for catgirl to come out and get with her closeted lesbian lover.

From the general noise level of the finale's response, I'm guessing that this did not come to pass.

It did in my dreams, damnit! In my heart, Soifon will always get her...

...what have I been doing with my life...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: