Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #1980 on: January 12, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
I enjoyed it. It was funny that all this heavy stuff with interspersed with
Spoiler: show
Lady Smallwood flirting with the oblivious Mycroft. I don't know what the "drink of what" could mean, other than the obvious, not a cup of tea answer.

What did you think of
Ghost Mary and Johns confession?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »
It was awesome.  John feels exactly how he SHOULD feel about this, but has also come the right conclusions, in my opinion.
Being resolved to be the man Mary deserved and the man she already saw him as is the right way to honor her memory.  If we don't strive to be better for the people we love, then we're not doing this "Life" thing properly.
Sherlock's consolation was utterly beautiful and appropriate as well.  He didn't handwave what John did wrong, but simply reminded him, in a kind way, that mistakes are easy to make and that it could have been much worse.  Which is exactly what someone who tends to mentally abuse themselves needs to hear.  Absolutely loved it.

It's definitely something I identify with, too, and really resonated with me emotionally.

On a note I believe you mentioned earlier:
I really think you're right that there could be a 4th episode.  When I purchased the season on Amazon, it was $20.  But if I just wanted to buy only the first episode, it was $5.99.  Counting 3 episodes total, that math doesn't add up.

Of course, it's possible I'm misremembering the prices.  It's further possible that there is a "bonus episode" of BTS stuff or whatever that I unknowingly purchased.
Current RPG - Legend of Penguins: Trails in the Sky SC

Der Jermeister

• The Angry Videogame Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: January 19, 2017, 09:34:11 PM »
I watched the first season of the Netflix version of A Series of Unfortunate Events, and man, Lemony Snicket can definitely write some truly terrible (which certainly isn't the quality of the show) characters and situations.

glassjawsh

• Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
« Reply #1983 on: January 29, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »
Today I was in my bedroom watching Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing while my fiance was in the living room watching Ash Vs Evil Dead and  I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??"

Destructoid used to be pretty great.

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:53 AM »
I have been binging Red Dwarf lately. Currently up to season seven. Really enjoying it. Season 1 and 2 are probably my favorite although Cat is way better in the later seasons.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 14, 2017, 10:47:46 AM »
Grew up on DCAU shows but only recently got around to watching the Justice League cartoon.

So far it's decent, but I'm not seeing what all the hubbub is myself. I'd probably still prefer watching one of the solo hero shows, but I'll see if it gets better.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »
Grew up on DCAU shows but only recently got around to watching the Justice League cartoon.

So far it's decent, but I'm not seeing what all the hubbub is myself. I'd probably still prefer watching one of the solo hero shows, but I'll see if it gets better.

It does once it hits Justice League Unlimited (and/or Superman's 'World of Cardboard' speech, whichever comes first).

Then again, it probably hasn't aged well beyond the quotable bits and/or certain weird/creepy scenes (one in particular comes to mind and I'd rather not spoil it, its pretty amazing, especially in context).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 14, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

It is enjoyable at first, but it is at its best with the first season on Unlimited. That is when things really amp up.