Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 01, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
347061 Posts in 14159 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 330073 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3180 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:07 AM »

Since I've been spending a lot of time with Jump titles lately, I decided to start Hunter x Hunter 2011. It's nice, but I feel a bit of a burnout already at Yorknew arc. It doesn't really feel that much better than the old anime. I guess I really only want to see the chimera ants. I also read Naruto beginnings part of the manga, which is a good place to take a break. The first part is a very solid shonen, the setting is creative, it has a very open power system and there seems to be some spirit of 90s action manga left in it. The art could be better, but this was an easy read nonetheless. Not sure how post time skip holds up, though.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3181 on: February 27, 2015, 11:34:30 PM »

I watched Aldnoah.Zero through episode 12, and the events of that last episode were so shocking that I decided to a take a quick break for it all to sink in.

Then I decided to check out some anime on Netflix, and that search turned up very disappointing. There's nothing on there I can't watch anywhere else besides Knights of Sidonia, and I already watched that show...but it was so good, I decided to watch it again, this time dubbed, or at least skim it to refresh my memory. On episode 3 now, and the dub is decent, and the story really is refreshing. Between Aldnoah.Zero, Broken Blade, Gundam Regonguista in G, and this, I think I'm really having a good time with mecha series these days.

I also marathoned The Devil is a Part-Timer on Netflix, this time Dubbed, just because I could. I watched it before and enjoyed it then, but I didn't find it funny. This time, it's hilarious, at least by episode 3. The little changes to the script really made a difference, and the casting and acting was great. And this show really has a good story to it, with some good action scenes in episode 5 to boot. I had to stop part way through episode 6 just because I noticed the time (I honestly marathoned all those episodes post dinner without a break...). Can't wait to watch more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:42:39 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3182 on: Today at 07:55:50 AM »

Watched last week's episode of World Trigger, which has the first of the really good fights in it.....and Toei did an adequate job transitioning it. It probably helps that the best World Trigger fights have still moments so that the characters can strategize, which Toei can match up to their moments of laziness. I am now excited since I should now be two weeks away from the start of the invasion arc. Woot!
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: