Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2015, 07:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
360502 Posts in 14631 Topics by 2274 Members
Latest Member: DucretAlex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 174498 times)
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: June 24, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »

Broad City is like a funnier less brotastic version of Workaholics.  The main characters from the two shows are essentially interchangeable.  I ultimately end up respecting Abbi and Ilana from Broad City more than the guys from Workaholics because it must've been a lot harder for them get their show greenlit.  I'm actually not entirely certain why it's so much funnier to me to watch a show centered around women when they are pretty much doing the exact same thing as a show centered around men.  Either way the first season is only 10 eps long and can be plowed through in 2 afternoons (or in one 3 and a half hour long session if you're really that into it), and is absolutely worth watching.  I laughed more during the last 3 days watching this show than I did for entire seasons worth of other similarly lauded programs (cough....Veep...Modern Family....cough), so I'd probably put this one up there with Louie and Archer as best comedies currently on the idiot box. 

Also, and I don't know if this matters, but Amy Poehler produces and directs a lot of the episodes.

YO.  Modern Family has dipped a bit but VEEP is awesome.  It's a show that too clever for its own good (BOOYAAAH I WENT THERE, but I can see it not sitting with people).

Broad City is awesome.  'Girls' felt a little too much for me (sometimes it's good, sometimes it's a little pretentious), so I'm glad BC picks up on being just more for straight shits and giggles without the occasional drama that Girls needs to add.  A lot of it is true in terms of the gross stuff, but then I love when it goes into full "NYC odysseys" where absolute bizarre shit happens -- and it's awesome.  Great show.

wait...so the "nature's pocket" thing is real???

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: June 24, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »

And because girl's privates parts have cooties Airplane security won't go there the second we say "it's that time o' the month".  BAM.

Oh speaking of Broad City, the girls had a cameo for Inside Amy Schumer's "Universe" skit on top of an awesome cameo from Bill Nye where he actually drops a glorious "F-bomb".

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: