Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

natros

• "We'll probably use algebra like mad today."
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4230 on: March 19, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
Hulu finally added the rest of the Cowboy Bebop dubs. Fuck yes.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: March 19, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »
Woo! Doing a quick search in this thread for Konosuba reveals that it isn't the utter shite that is most of the anime that piques my interest before I know anything about it. Might check it out since the character designs keep garnering my attention (especially the witch character with the kooky hat, obvs)
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: March 19, 2017, 10:41:53 PM »
Konosuba is one of the rare gag anime that has me laugh out loud.
I've smirked or laughed internally often... but Konosuba just goes the extra mile with every joke.

----

Saki....
Another ass looking rushed chapter. I'm kind of thinking of dropping the serie.
The plot stalled, the interesting characterization went away and it looks worst than doujins at this point.
Even the mahjong is boring and overly reliant on superpowers now.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: March 19, 2017, 11:25:42 PM »
Woo! Doing a quick search in this thread for Konosuba reveals that it isn't the utter shite that is most of the anime that piques my interest before I know anything about it. Might check it out since the character designs keep garnering my attention (especially the witch character with the kooky hat, obvs)

All you need to know about her are MAXIMUM EXPLOSION!!! and that she is both cool and good.

In fact the show itself is both cool and good. Namely because its an alternative take to Slayers in depicting what happens when an actual D&D party is set loose upon a fantasy world.

Also while Red Witch Hat is cool and good, my character of preference is Madam Lalatina von Dustiness Ford (or something to that effect). Specifically because the of the amount of depth they've been able to flesh out into what is otherwise a really dumb & shallow singular character gimmick (and also because it reminds me of one of the running Suikoden jokes).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: March 21, 2017, 06:42:28 AM »
Half way through Full Metal Panic season 1. Got mixed feelings about it - I like the characters & more dramatic moments, but the story itself is very quickly imploding, and I think the comedic/high school elements ran out of steam by episode 4, with episode 8 in particular being absolutely worthless. Got another slow episode coming up, but I think I'll take a bit of a break by returning to a comedic giant robot series done right, this time of the Super-robot variety.

...or at least, I would if I could figure out what episode I left off on in The Brave of Gold: Goldran. I just watched episode 18 and episode 21, and now I'm starting to think my bookmark may have been correct...did I even watch episode 12? I can't remember...at least it's episodic, so I'm free to skip around like this, but man, it sure makes it harder to keep track of things.

Also, I'm down to my last 3 Netflix exclusive anime, and I think Knights of Sidonia will be the next one I go for. After that, it's just The Seven Deadly Sins (at least the first season) and Kuromukuro. Too bad Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress was Amazon-exclusive, or else I'd be all for that, too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:47:56 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: March 21, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »

It is an actually funny parady of Isekai.  Isekai stories consist of a protagonist  being teleported or reborn into A fantasy setting with some kind of story breaking ability. An ever growing chunk  of Light Novels, and almost all Japanese Web Novels consist of these type stories.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: March 21, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
Oh god! They gave it a term.

Half way through Full Metal Panic season 1. Got mixed feelings about it - I like the characters & more dramatic moments, but the story itself is very quickly imploding, and I think the comedic/high school elements ran out of steam by episode 4, with episode 8 in particular being absolutely worthless. Got another slow episode coming up, but I think I'll take a bit of a break by returning to a comedic giant robot series done right, this time of the Super-robot variety.

If you want a comedic giant robot series done right, you should check out FMP: FUMOFFU!!! They ditch almost all of the serious plot elements for Sausuke's overboard military shenanigans. And yeah, even Second Raid is a better season than FMP S1 since its better balanced and has better antagonists (aside from the part where Sausuke decides to do his best Shinji Ikari impression as it drags badly and doesn't really address the PTSD elephant in the room).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »

Considering when I looked at my current queue with Re:ZERO (which I refuse to watch at this point), Angel Beats, and Konosuba, I noticed they all had the exact same premise, I'm not really surprised.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: March 22, 2017, 02:02:20 AM »

If you want a comedic giant robot series done right, you should check out FMP: FUMOFFU!!! They ditch almost all of the serious plot elements for Sausuke's overboard military shenanigans. And yeah, even Second Raid is a better season than FMP S1 since its better balanced and has better antagonists (aside from the part where Sausuke decides to do his best Shinji Ikari impression as it drags badly and doesn't really address the PTSD elephant in the room).

FUMOFFU sounds like the worst thing ever at this point, if only because the comedy so far has actually been pretty bad. Second Raid is the main reason I keep trying to truck through this. A few funny episodes are fine here and there, but I was satisfied by episode 3. By episode 12, I was about fed up with it.

Anyways, I decided to compliment this all with a bunch of random smatterings for no reason.

Rewatched the first episode of One-Punch Man.
Rewatched the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, except this time I watched the english dub.
Watched episode 17 of Futari Wa Bretty Cure (the footage on Crunchyroll must've got corrupted, it's practically unwatchable now)

Guess I'm still struggling to decide what to stick with at the moment...I got something itching the back of y brain, and I can't figure it out...

All of those episode were fun to watch, btw. Just to be clear.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:07:32 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: March 22, 2017, 06:04:52 AM »
Considering when I looked at my current queue with Re:ZERO (which I refuse to watch at this point)

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: March 23, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »

The 1st season was just fantastic. The 2nd is decent but is starting to lose some momentum. The problem in the second season is that the trolling seemed a bit more mean spirited. 

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
Considering when I looked at my current queue with Re:ZERO (which I refuse to watch at this point)

gigguk's RE: Zero in 8 minutes is arguably his finest work

I personally don't know what to think about Re: Zero. Its like they have 3-4 atrocious episodes in a row and then they hit you with either a great great cliffhanger or a great episode.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: Yesterday at 12:58:21 AM »
Unintentionally marathoned the entire first season of Knights of Sidonia. I originally planned to only watch the first 6 episodes so I'd be back up to speed since I last tried to watch it two years ago (the last time I had Netflix), but those cliffhangers, man...now it's 1 AM and I have to get up early tomorrow...still worth it.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: Yesterday at 11:00:53 AM »

gigguk's RE: Zero in 8 minutes is arguably his finest work

I personally don't know what to think about Re: Zero. Its like they have 3-4 atrocious episodes in a row and then they hit you with either a great great cliffhanger or a great episode.

Re:Zero is a pretty fun binge watch but watching it on a week by week basis was absolutely infuriating at times.

Still probably one of the better anime of 2016.

"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty