Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 121709 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »

Holy shit, episode 2...walker had a Lamborghini Diablo bearing down on him at full speed and decided to rectify the situation by doing a freaking drop kick through the front windshield. Of course the driver is immediately knocked unconscious (and the car someone stops) while the Chuckster walks off without a scratch. classic walker!

Episode 3: walker just caught a dead body with a fishing pole!

Oh man, I loved Walker Texas Ranger back in the day. It was definitely one of those "so bad it's good" shows. My family watched it every week, and it was loads of fun. Plus it's Chuck Norris. The man literally became an internet meme! Doesn't get much better than that if you ask me.

Except when he did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pnFg0Sp2Xw

Ok, maybe that wasn't better.
;-)

I honestly get baffled hearing which Hollywood celebs are Scientologists as well.  For goodness sakes, I wish all that stuff was private.

http://youtu.be/pdsTUcuD7YA
I'm just gonna snowball this clip in here too.

TELEVISION SEASON IS BACK (though I love that there's a lot more Spring and Summer shows these days).

Sleepy Hollow

A surprisingly decent television show that combines mystery, horror, and some really good humour.  IT WORKS.  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  I passed this show off for being a horror attempt to put more old fairy tale stories in a contemporary setting (like 'Once Upon a Time' does so....cheesily); but the show has legitimate laughs and actual frights that have given me the jump a few times (the effects aren't that cheap either).

I also thought that making the Headless Horseman a Horseman of the Apocalypse a great change to the myth and gives better mileage to a television show. 

I do like the running gag of "modern things Ichabod disapproves of".  Pens with chains, jean leggings, and short battery life spans on smart phones are up there.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
glassjawsh
insolent cur

This tomb will be your grave

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »

Episode 7: we find out walkers real last name is "Firewalker".  Oh, and his "origin" story is that his parents were both killed in front of him when he was a kid by a homicidal maniac who did it just for laughs. This event caused him to obsessively train martial arts and dedicate his the rest of his life to bringing criminals to justice. that's right friends, Chuck Norris considers himself Batman.

Edit: Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine) just showed up, and he looks pissed is a member of the KKK.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:00:41 AM by glassjawsh » Logged

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: October 09, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »

I have not been too excited for the new American Horror Story after the abysmal season last year. I've never been too keen on the whole sideshow freak/creepy carnival thing. My wife digs that kind of stuff, though, so she was looking forward to it.
Fortunately it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I wouldn't say it was great, but I am intrigued enough to keep watching.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »

Diggin the Walker reviews. My mom was all about that show and Dr Quinn when they were airing. I agree with the "so bad it's good" description. It's just mindless fun.
Look for clips of Conan o' Brien talking about the show and using the "Walker-lever".
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: October 09, 2014, 12:21:37 PM »

Diggin the Walker reviews. My mom was all about that show and Dr Quinn when they were airing. I agree with the "so bad it's good" description. It's just mindless fun.
Look for clips of Conan o' Brien talking about the show and using the "Walker-lever".

The mother lode

http://youtu.be/zo1kNGGEle0

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: October 09, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »

The mother lode

http://youtu.be/zo1kNGGEle0

Indeed it is. Literally LOL'd at that one.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: October 13, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »

I just finished the first season of House of Cards. In my opinion this show alone is worth the price of admission to netflix.
Wow, is it good. On every level. Even if you don't care about politics, this makes for fantastic drama.
I won't jump into season 2 yet. I always take a break between seasons of shows. I have to go back and finish the last season of Break Bad now.
Plus, The Walking Dead came back last night. Good episode, minus some pretty unbelievable things happening.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: October 14, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »

Kinda digging the Flash on CW. First episode was really on point, hit the hero button in me really hard. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

TASTY!
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: October 15, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »

Walker jumps out of a singe prop plane into a speeding convertible and then bitch slaps a blonde woman unconscious. All while Waylon Jennings or whoever plays a steely verse on the acoustic.  Just breathtakingly silly. http://youtu.be/3Nqy0PmQ7PE. The whole clip is worth a view but the real fun starts at 3:50.

Episode 15: a convicted rapist escapes from prison and taunts the Rangers with "I won, and you lost, so na nuh na nuh boo boo"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:22:53 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: October 22, 2014, 01:14:19 AM »

This week's Castle: Kindergarten Cop Writer. "IT'S NOT A TOOMER OR A KID!!!"

This week's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Steve Carrel! No!!! The Marvelverse is a less funny place.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: October 22, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

In the first 2 minutes of walker, the Dali llama is brutally attacked in the middle of a Texas amusement park and I'm already sold on this being the best episode yet.

edit: a magical child just breathed a potted plant back to life!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:36:57 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »

In the first 2 minutes of walker, the Dali llama is brutally attacked in the middle of a Texas amusement park and I'm already sold on this being the best episode yet.

omg this show can't be for real...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: October 23, 2014, 11:16:39 AM »

I remember watching Walker way back when it was aired. I don't recall it being so damn wacky, though. You're making me want to re-watch this ridiculousness!

Last night - Ep.3 of American Horror Story Freak Show
This show, like it's predecessors, just keeps getting more and more bizarre. In no way is it good television, and yet I can't look away. They almost have too many characters with too many things going on. I'm not really liking the weird song #'s. Especially considering they have all been songs that came out long past the time the show takes place in.

glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walker,_Texas_Ranger_episodes#Season_4:_1996.E2.80.931997

the episode (4:1) is even less coherent than the run-on sentence makes it seem.

It somehow manages to completely mangle (and be totally offensive towards) Native American, Buddhist AND Regular American culture. 

Bonus: During the 40 minute episode, there are no less than 4 jump cuts to a Puma's face. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:39:50 AM by glassjawsh » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: