• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4905 on: June 25, 2019, 09:40:44 AM »
https://anichart.net/Summer-2019
https://www.livechart.me/summer-2019/tv

ISEKAIs

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
This one is rough and pretty disgusting.
There's plenty of isekais this season so don't even bother with this one.

Isekai Cheat Magician
Fairly ok isekai that has both the characters being together already.
That way it avoids the whole harem thing.
It's pretty inoffensive.

Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de 2-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki desu ka?
This one is kind of a joke where the mom gets transported with her son and she's super OP.
The joke falls flat pretty quickly and then you realize that the characters are awful and there's no plot.
The mom is really stupid with a side of dumb.

Maou-sama, Retry!
Another completely uninspired Isekai.
There's plenty of others with the same basic gimmick that do it better.

ANIME

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka II
Pretty much a flagship shounen by now. It will do well for sure.

Uchi no Musume no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai
This is the sweetest thing ever.
Watch it.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2
Still a pretty good school life romantic comedy.
The best part of this thing is when you get to Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san

Joshikousei no Mudazukai
Less good in every way school life comedy than the one above.

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
I've never understood why people like Accelerator so much but here's some more circle-jerking about him =/

Kanata no Astra
This sounds like Infinite Ryvius but it probably can't be as bad.
I'm going to give this a try.

Sounan desu ka?
Anime Survivors

MOVIES

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Kurenai Densetsu
Instead of a season it seems we're getting a movie.

Quan Zhi Gao Shou: FOR THE GLORY
Not very well known thing but this is pretty good.
There's a season and manga for it.
Pro player that got done dirty starts playing again (a game that's totally not Dungeon Fighters Online)
This movie is supposed to be a prequel so I'm guessing it's when he was still a pro and how he got kicked out by the team.

OVA

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Prisma☆Phantasm
This is a trailer for one of those silly sequels they make about their series at some point.
All the Type-moon gag series have been great so should be ok.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: June 25, 2019, 10:50:33 AM »
Okay, there's actually quite a few new shows coming out this summer that I'm looking forward to:

Astra Lost in Space - It's Lost in Space: the Anime, now with high school kids who might be 50% less stupid than the Robinson family. I'm always up for a sci-fi adventure, so I can hardly wait for this. It may be based on a manga, but said Manga also was only 5 volumes long and has definitely ended by now, so there's a good chance we'll get a complete adaptation.

Dr. Stone - This just looks cool, and I'm really curious as to what it was that turned everyone into stone in the first place, but more importantly: I wanna know what Senku is going to do with the power of s c i e n c e

Granbelm - I'm a sucker for giant robots, even magical girl ones. It looks like it might at least have some intense fights, so I think it'll be good change of pace between all of the darker shows I'm watching.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - I swear I've seen this exact plot synopsis in like, 3 other shows that came out over the past couple seasons. The manga for this seems to predate all of them, however, so I wanna see what it was about this show that inspired so many copycats.

Vinland Saga - THIS IS IT, BABY! I've waited too long for an anime adaptation of this show, and here it is! I can hardly contain my excitement! Now excuse me while I try to figure out what pirate sites are least likely to give me viruses, because I'm not paying a single penny for Amazon Prime. I've waited too long to let Jeff Bezos hold it hostage on me.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: June 25, 2019, 01:21:12 PM »
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/25/iori-yagamis-isekai-musou-light-novel-shows-a-first-look-at-the-illustrations/

The Isekai that I'm most looking forward to this season (even if it isn't animated yet).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
Astra Lost in Space - It's Lost in Space: the Anime, now with high school kids who might be 50% less stupid than the Robinson family. I'm always up for a sci-fi adventure, so I can hardly wait for this. It may be based on a manga, but said Manga also was only 5 volumes long and has definitely ended by now, so there's a good chance we'll get a complete adaptation.

Dr. Stone - This just looks cool, and I'm really curious as to what it was that turned everyone into stone in the first place, but more importantly: I wanna know what Senku is going to do with the power of s c i e n c e
I have read the manga for bothof these, and they are both good series. As for what Senku is going to do with power of science? Everything! :P

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: July 17, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »
AoT season 3 part 2 was a god damn masterpiece. This show could have been a mindless shonen and yes it would have been watchable but the storytelling, its just crazy good right now.

Astra lost in space thinking about getting into.

Watched some of Mix, its a passable sprots anime. Also Gundam Char edition. Always been a Gundam casual and have to be in the mood for it. Very good though.

Vinland Saga watched 2 eps, yes its gonna be excellent.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:56:46 PM by Rook »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: July 18, 2019, 02:06:35 AM »
I did watch the first episodes of Fire Force and Astra: Lost in Space, and so far I'm impressed. Moreso Fire Force than Astra, but considering how often I've been burned trying to get into on-going seasonal anime, the fact that they actually left me wanting more is a plus.

I'm waiting until the 24th to watch the bulk of the shows this season, since I like to watch with dubs, a lot of which are 3 weeks behind. That just means I'll have more to watch of the ones that aren't by then, though, so it's worth the wait.

In the meantime, I've been watching Fairy Tail, trying to get caught up. I watched from ep. 227-284, plowing through 4 arcs, so now all I have left is the final arc. I, uh...didn't expect to get done so soon. Usually I only go this fast with One Piece. The story really picks up at this point, and it was hard to put down as a result. I got so used to seeing this series as a bunch of disconnected adventures that it's nice to see it tie all the threads together seemingly all at once. I'd say the finale can't come soon enough so I could enjoy more of it and see what it all leads to...if that didn't mean it'd all be over. =(

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/25/iori-yagamis-isekai-musou-light-novel-shows-a-first-look-at-the-illustrations/

The Isekai that I'm most looking forward to this season (even if it isn't animated yet).

I finally checked that link, and yes, that actually looks cool. I love Iori from KOF, and I could see him taking the whole thing in strides.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: July 20, 2019, 11:36:33 PM »
Only two episodes in, but I'm pretty sure I'll like Cop Craft.
That's a lot of smoking though. Guess there's no rules against showing it on TV in Japan.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: August 12, 2019, 10:51:13 PM »
Finished Vinland Saga ep. 6

holy @#$%

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: August 21, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »
I'm so glad that Vinland Saga finally got an anime. I've been reading the manga for several years now and it's excellent. Gonna have to start watching the anime.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: September 07, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
Ok... I have to bring this up to all of you guys.

Watch Kanata no Astra

Episode 1 will be super hard because it's basically tvtropes.com

BUT!!!

Once you get past that... the show is all kinds of crazy.
The plot twists are insaaaaaaaaaaane (in the best kind of way).
I can't believe where the show is at episode 10 compared to episode 1.
It's a wild ride.