Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #2010 on: May 18, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
^ I pretty much agree with all of that, @Frostillicus , but also... y'know... more Sherlock.... I wouldn't say "no" to that.
Currently Playing - NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII, Trails in the Sky the 3rd

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 18, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
Interestingly enough, the first collection of stories that resurrected Sherlock after his death were really good, but the following story collections and the last novel were pretty lacking with the exception of the short story, "His Last Bow: An Epilogue of Sherlock Holmes." So I'm not surprised to hear the quality of the TV series is slipping.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 31, 2017, 06:36:22 AM »
I saw Wonder Woman.

Some of you might've already heard it's actually good. I thought it was too, for what it's worth. Just it being a coherent movie already makes it better than all the DCU movies so far! Wonder Woman was actually a goddamn hero rather than a murderer in a cape, so there's that, too.

Anyway I actually think it was also a pretty good superhero movie on its own merits too, and it's not just bottom of the barrel expectations from BvS/Suicide Squad being terrible.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 31, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »
I saw Wonder Woman.

Some of you might've already heard it's actually good. I thought it was too, for what it's worth. Just it being a coherent movie already makes it better than all the DCU movies so far! Wonder Woman was actually a goddamn hero rather than a murderer in a cape, so there's that, too.

Anyway I actually think it was also a pretty good superhero movie on its own merits too, and it's not just bottom of the barrel expectations from BvS/Suicide Squad being terrible.
Jeez, they have it on tv already?

TASTY!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 31, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »
I saw Wonder Woman.

Jeez, they have it on tv already?

I heard that they were taking it off of TV to make room for Battlestar Galactica (or was it The Incredible Hulk?).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 31, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
Well, DC movies are bad enough that they deserve to be straight-to-TV now.

But yeah, whoops, wrong thread. Guess I should sleep before posting next time.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 31, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »

Still glad to know it'll be good, though. I always wanted a good Wonder Woman adaption.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 01, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »

Anyone else, I would have called out, but for you, I'll just bust your chops, lol.

TASTY!

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »
I'm not sure if it was added recently, or I just didn't see it until now, but Hey Arnold! is on Hulu and my wife and I have been watching it. The show holds up really well, and is still pretty hilarious after all these years. I think a bunch of other Nickelodeon classics are also on Hulu, but I haven't really looked.

Frostillicus

• "That's a paddlin'."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 22, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
I'm not sure if it was added recently, or I just didn't see it until now, but Hey Arnold! is on Hulu and my wife and I have been watching it. The show holds up really well, and is still pretty hilarious after all these years. I think a bunch of other Nickelodeon classics are also on Hulu, but I haven't really looked.

Arnold's been on there for quite some time (as well as some other Nick classics, like Rocko's Modern Life). As you say, Arnold is effectively humorous, and holds up very well. It even explores some areas that today's kid's shows probably wouldn't touch (like being mugged).
Word is, there was even going to be a female tenant (Lana) in Arnold's building that was to have an infatuation with him, but they scrapped it at the very last second. Apparently, she can be seen in very early episodes.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 22, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »
Besides Korean shows (and my once-a-week Star Trek), I've basically just been watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix.  Any other fans of classic Ninja Warrior here?
Currently Playing - NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII, Trails in the Sky the 3rd