Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4185 on: February 17, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »
I was like... wait... who is going to win this thing?

I still don't really know to be honest, wasn't Freiza floating around still just half his body?

Trunks won.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: Yesterday at 08:20:11 AM »
Yeah I dodged out at that point, I heard good things... from  others....

In other anime news I'm currently like 80 episodes down into my Precure binge, so like 420 go or so at this point.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: Yesterday at 09:23:57 AM »
Yeah I dodged out at that point, I heard good things... from  others....

In other anime news I'm currently like 80 episodes down into my Precure binge, so like 420 go or so at this point.

You remind me that I'll have to start on the new one, I'm getting behind on Precure...

The series vary quite a bit between themselves. This is my general ranking for the ones I've watched:

Heartcatch > Happiness > Suite > Yes! PreCure 5 > Go! Princess > Smile > Fresh > DokiDoki
*Precure 5 is a weird case where season 1 is super dull and then season 2 (gogo!) is great

Also, the movies are usually very good. Movies that are continuations of the series are really hit or miss but the "All Stars" movies (basically compilations of the characters from the different series) are always great. Out of those, I really like "Precure All Stars Movie: Spring Carnival"

Here's some general appreciation charts if you're wondering what to go for (not up to date though):

And here's some diabetes
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:29:25 AM by Annubis »

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: Yesterday at 07:02:47 PM »
Hm so you didn't like Fresh eh?

I kinda think the first ones sorta underrated slightly, it's like so plain and cool at times, at the same time.

That's interesting the Allstars movie is so highly rated, guess I should throw the movies into the pot as well.

On a side note I've noticed with the sheer variety of figmas and such you could easily blow like $5,000 on Precure merchandise.

Also a

to you as well =-)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:59:43 PM by Artimicia »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: Yesterday at 11:25:53 PM »
Welp. That's Dai no Daiboken down. Okay for a shonen, even though I thought it was kinda asspully (even for a shonen) at times (seriously, nobody stays fucking dead for more than a couple of chapters, even Avan, aka The Obi Wan came back). Also, disappointed that Marm saw no real action beyond her (re)introduction and the designated girl fight (Tsarvina Alena would be sad to see her class so badly represented; everybody else, even Chichu and Leona got better marks for battle participation). Pop's character growth and Dai's upgrade arc were probably the highlights of the whole thing since they went from constantly relying on crutch characters or mysterious powerups to being the ones leading the charge without hogging all of the upgrades which a lot of shonen series fumble pretty badly on (looking at you Inuyasha and DBZ).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.