Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2015, 11:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
353443 Posts in 14379 Topics by 2254 Members
Latest Member: dharkhades
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 163796 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1605 on: Today at 03:23:15 AM »

I love DS9.

Going back to TNG I've grown to love some of the "boring" episodes I didn't like when I was a kid. Episodes like the one where he lives the entire life of a man on a dying planet in the breadth of a second because an ancient probe scanned him. Or the now famous cult episode of Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Posers. My folks and I have always held the Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra episode as one of the better ones. Good enough to warrant reading The Epic of Gilgamesh for (and not because of Final Fantasy).

That said, my efforts to rewatch DS9 kinda fizzled out after about 2/3s of the way through the first season. And though part of it was due to the difficulty of finding an hour or so to myself to watch it, the first season is pretty long and boring and was definitely lacking the beard by that point.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: Today at 09:53:14 AM »

The Inner Light and Darmok were always two episodes I really liked too. Though personally my favorite TNG episode was always The Drumhead.

My favorite episodes from DS9 are actually the more "traditional" Trek stories, including one from the first season (Duet and The Visitor). The story arc episodes were usually great too, and the heavily serialized ending was something they should've done with Voyager/Enterprise (well, the better option would've been to not make those shows at all).

In other news, I watched seasons 3 and 4 of Korra. I enjoyed them well enough, but I didn't like how underdeveloped the villains felt, they only would've needed a couple changes to make them a lot more sympathetic, as it was they weren't very interesting. Also this is probably a broken record, but the ending just felt like it was out of nowhere. There was maybe one scene before that in the entire series that implied something was going on, and claims that audiences are missing out on some kind of subtlety will not be taken seriously given how the show handles every other instance of romance.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: