Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 377968 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2565 on: July 22, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

It's not like you're taking him to see Momento, I'm sure he will get a kick out of seeing superheroes using cool gadgets and fighting cool villains. That and Anne Hathaway's Catwoman can be the ignition to his puberty.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. As usual, I'm over thinking  something. Just take him and be done with it.
BTW, its Memento. Momento would be an entirely different movie.
; - )

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2566 on: July 22, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »

Haha, a very short one.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2567 on: July 22, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »

Anchorman -
Hmmm. I'm guessing for certain people this type of humor is hilarious. I just kind of sat there and wished I had opted for Arkham Asylum instead. Sure, I grinned at a few of the jokes, but most fall completely flat. I admit that I had already heard some of the more well-known stuff on the radio and such, but that doesn't excuse the other 85 minutes.
The whole thing makes no sense at all, so I won't bother going into it. The romance was contrived and idiotic. The rivalry thing with the other station(s) was a waste of film. Especially the big "fight". What the hell was that?
This is part of the reason why I don't bother with comedies any more. They all seem to be shooting for the lowest common denominator, and I, sure as hell, am not it. When a movie with actual intelligent humor comes along, perhaps I'll give the genre another shot. Until then, back to real movies.

It was supposed to be so stupid that it was funny.  I thought it was pretty obvious that was what they were going for but I guess not.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2568 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »

Anchorman -
Hmmm. I'm guessing for certain people this type of humor is hilarious. I just kind of sat there and wished I had opted for Arkham Asylum instead. Sure, I grinned at a few of the jokes, but most fall completely flat. I admit that I had already heard some of the more well-known stuff on the radio and such, but that doesn't excuse the other 85 minutes.
The whole thing makes no sense at all, so I won't bother going into it. The romance was contrived and idiotic. The rivalry thing with the other station(s) was a waste of film. Especially the big "fight". What the hell was that?
This is part of the reason why I don't bother with comedies any more. They all seem to be shooting for the lowest common denominator, and I, sure as hell, am not it. When a movie with actual intelligent humor comes along, perhaps I'll give the genre another shot. Until then, back to real movies.

It was supposed to be so stupid that it was funny.  I thought it was pretty obvious that was what they were going for but I guess not.
I know exactly what they were going for. Too bad it was just stupid, and not funny. Except for Jack Black kicking his dog. That was funny. Shouldn't have been, but it was.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:18:58 AM by GrimReality » Logged

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2569 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:21 AM »

Just watched DKR; thought it was highly 'meh'. Below are my bad point and nitpick respectively.

Code:
'Add bomb for instant drama' is overdone, badly. And for a Batman movie it's incredibly boring to watch.
Even more since the Joker already had the exact same scheme last movie (use a bomb to prove a social point);
only that was implemented far more cleverly and wasn't the crux of the entire movie.

Code:
So...you can make a decent cameo shout-out to Killer Croc by joking about 'giant alligators in the sewers'
but you can't name Robin 'Tim' and then have this hidden full name be 'Drake'? His actually, real name has to be 'Robin? *rolls eyes*

And then there's the ending...hoo-boy...

Code:
Aside from the even more tired cliche of invoking the 'It's not just a bomb, it's a nuke.'; I actually am not
sure whether it would've been better if Batman had actually stayed dead. Additionally for some reason I couldn't
take those final sequences seriously; at all. Something was breaking the mood, something in the back of my head...

And then it hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4v1hAnfy1I

Yeah...the big 'climax' is basically that note for note (We can stop the bomb now! Wait; crap, something's stopping us!
*repeat multiple times*); only Nolan's trying to play it with a straight face. Doesn't work.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:06:02 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2570 on: July 24, 2012, 11:05:34 PM »

Anchorman -

I love absurd humor like that.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2571 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:43 AM »

Just finished watching The Dark Knight Rises. Loved it, great story, well acted, well played. Didn't like Bane's accident or Miranda Tate (fucking liars), but both were great in the movie. I would like to dedicate an entire topic to Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle...my god I would take a bullet in the chest for her, and her Catwoman is astounding ( though you had to appreciate how they never actually call her Catwoman in the movie). Bane as a villian was vastly superior to his henchman role in Batman and Robin, and Tom Hardy looked the part of a monster for sure, though the lack of a super drug to turn him into the real Bane kinda sucked some of the fun out of it. It may not have had the superior Joker skill of the late Heath Ledger, but it was amazing nonetheless. If you're deciding on whether to see it still or not, just stop and go see it.

Quick note, when it got to a certain point with all the gunfire, I couldn't help but start paying attention to the theater for any possible funny business. I'm sure a lot of people were doing it, but it's a shame I felt that I had to.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2572 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »

Saw The Amazing Spiderman and then The Dark Knight Rises a few days later.

Glad I saw them in that order.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2573 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »

I hate how people in Gotham refer to Batman as "The Batman"

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2574 on: July 27, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »

I do like Cillian's Murphy style of it.... The Bat...Man!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2575 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »

Those philistines. He's not "The Batman", he's "The Goddamn Batman".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2576 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »

Saw Batman today, really enjoyed it.

But how
Code:
did Bruce get from the pit which appeared to be in the Middle East back to Gotham so quickly when he's broke?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2577 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »

I watched The Aviator llast night -
Holy shit, this felt like the longest movie EVAR. It just kept going and going! I understand why, as Howard Hughes had an amazing life, and did a lot of things, but it still felt a bit bloated.
The movie was only good in the sense that it shared with the world all that Howard Hughes accomplished. Very impressive. It also showed how eccentric he was, and how he started going a bit cuckoo there after awhile. They never diagnose him, but he seemed to be a paranoid schizophrenic as well as a major germaphobe.
Because there was so much to cover, the movie felt more like a biopic with a list of things to cover than a character driven story.  Leo was amazing in the role, but I still never really cared much about Howard Hughes himself.
Then there's the women. Who's bright idea was it to cast Cate Blanchet as Audrey Hepburn? Sure, she's an amazing actress, but she simply is not very attractive. She has an odd face, and didn't look anything like the Audrey Hepburn I've seen in movies and pictures.
Kate Beckinsale(whom I admittedly totally have a thing for) looked amazing as Ava Gardner, but didn't really have much to do besides look pretty.
Overall, it was worth watching simply from an educational standpoint. Just don't go in expecting to moved by some powerful story.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2578 on: July 28, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »

Alan Alda was phenomenal in that
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2579 on: July 28, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »

Alan Alda was phenomenal in that

Yes, he was. He did "slimeball politician" perfectly. The exchange between him and Howard during the hearing was pretty great. It's like there was no one else in the room.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: