Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341136 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 266 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 393861 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2970 on: April 18, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »

^ I think that's why it was simply a biological depression; there really isn't a cause for it it's just an ugly manifested thing that's extremely hard to stop since it's all them chemical imbalances in the brain (but like I said, her family being a load of suck can't help; a teacher in our school committed suicide after a long battle with it, despite good job and fiancée).

And trust me, I miss themes from movies all the time.  Understanding The Life Aquatic took the movie from a 6 to a 9 for me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2971 on: April 22, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »

Saw Oblivion. Was pretty good. Decent twist. Good scifi effects. Nice Morgan Freeman.

Excellent Ukraine broad

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2972 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:48 PM »

Olga was in Hitman... awful movie but she looked great in it :P She was also in Quantum of Solace & Max Payne.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2973 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:08 PM »

Just watched Pain and Gain. Was pretty good, albeit long. It was definitely a lot darker than commercials play it out to be. Mark Wahlberg plays a meathead incredibly well, and the Rock is amazing in it. The acting was very well done, and the entire flick was just very solid. Definitely a good bring your buddy flick.

TASTY!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 27, 2013, 01:08:57 AM »

Finally saw Django Unchained.  That was pretty epic.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2975 on: May 05, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »

Iron Man 3. Saw it and was "meh" all through it but as expected the comic relief is fantastic. I liked the bad guys but I'm not a fan of superhero movies that take themselves too seriously and this one seems to do that. It's good, not great but I like the more whimsical style of Avengers than this.

I also saw it at a local cheap 3 screen theater that usually does a good job (recently renovated) but this time something was up. It was like someone turned the brightness all the way down on a TV, couldn't see shit at times.

I saw the Hunger Games there before, same screen, and it was fine. So hopefully it's not a recurring problem as the place is a 5 min walk from my house and has awesome snacks and adult beverages for cheap.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2976 on: May 05, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »

Iron Man 3. Saw it and was "meh" all through it but as expected the comic relief is fantastic. I liked the bad guys but I'm not a fan of superhero movies that take themselves too seriously and this one seems to do that. It's good, not great but I like the more whimsical style of Avengers than this.

Yeah, reviews for that one seem to all over the place.  Some love it a lot, some hate it a ton, some straddle.
I feel for supermovies the same way as you and much as I do about car commercials: they're needlessly serious sometimes.  I like a threat, but I hate the deep emotion

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2977 on: May 05, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »

The popcorn was excellent.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: May 05, 2013, 03:07:56 PM »

Was Ben Kingsley's Heath Ledger impersonation as dumb as the commercials make it sound?

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2979 on: May 05, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »

It was weird and hilarious, but I had no idea he was impersonating anyone. More odd was dressing Guy Pearce up as a nerd in the first 10 minutes.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 05, 2013, 06:14:28 PM »

Well, I didn't actually mean that he was literally impersonating Ledger. :) It's just that when you hear him on the commercials, it sounds like they really wanted to hire Heath Ledger's version of the Joker to be the Mandarin, except that he was dead (and a fictional character).

—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2981 on: May 08, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

Iron Man 3 was pretty great in my opinion. I can see why some big comic book.nerds would be upset about it, as they butchered the extremis storyline and the Mandarin completely. However, fucking Ben Kingsley is awesome for his role in it. The whole movie was acted well, and the story was engrossing enough to keep my attention unlike a certain doctor at the end. As always, Robert Downey Jr sells Tony Stark like Mcdonalds sells shitty fastfood....better than anyone else alive.

Rebecca Hall needed more screen time, and William Sadler did too...and Miguel Ferrer got dicked entirely, he had like 3 lines of dialogue wtf? They give the hot french chick who's had like 2 roles in movies I know an entire sequence and Miguel Ferrer 3 fucking lines of dialogue ( slight exaggeration)? I call shenanigans.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2982 on: May 13, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »

Rebecca Hall needs more screen time in everything. I'm rather fond.

Django Unchained -
Well, this was a hell of a movie. I've never been big on westerns in any regard, but this really is quite the entertainment. A LONG one, but it holds your interest the whole time.
Jamie Foxx as Django does a fine job, but the real star, just like in Inglorious Bastards, is Christoph Waltz. He's fantastic as Dr. King Schultz, the bounty hunter. Such a great actor.
The movie is great, not because of the typical Tarantino violence, but because of the, also typical, Tarantino dialogue. There's some great writing here, with some very tense exchanges between great characters. That's what makes this so fun to watch. The shoot outs are secondary.
I wasn't terribly fond of Leonardo's Calvin Candie, but the scenes with him we're great. Same with Sam Jackson's Stephen. He seemed to hold a bit too much authority, considering who he was, and the year in which this takes place.
Overall, though, this is a fun ride of a movie. Highly recommended, even for those who don't like the old spaghetti western style. 

The Last Man on Earth -
This is the first version of the I am Legend story I have seen. I know there's the Omega Man with Heston in it, and the newer version with Will Smith.
Very simple premise here. A nasty plague of sorts has wiped out with humanity, with many of them coming back from the dead.
I'm not sure why they refer to them as vampires, though, as they act just like zombies, minus the occasional mumbled word.
Despite it's age, the story and premise remain interesting, and oddly relevant. I was surprised by the ending, though, and am doubtful that the fancy Will Smith version would dare to end in the same manner. I have to see it now to find out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:34:51 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 13, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »

My memory of the three adaptations is that Last Man on Earth is the truest to the source material, although I agree that they seem more zombie-like than vampire in the show.  The book is worth reading - if memory serves, it's pretty short.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2984 on: May 16, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

Star Trek - Into Darkness

The first half was actually not that terrible.

The second half was actually pretty terrible.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 266 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: