Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 02:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341068 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 266 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 393341 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3225 on: August 18, 2013, 12:46:14 AM »

I saw TANGLED.

I love, love, loved it. 10x better than Princess and the Frog.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3226 on: August 18, 2013, 07:44:06 AM »

I wanna see that
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3227 on: August 18, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »

I've seen TANGLED.

I love, love, love it. 10x better than Princess and the Frog.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3228 on: August 18, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »

I dunno if you are agreeing with me or correcting my grammer. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3229 on: August 18, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »

My grammar is terrible, I never presume to be correct when it comes to grammar. Plus, if I was correcting you I'd be a much more obvious dick.

No, I was expressing my love for Tangled, I just thought I'd have to write less if I copied what you wrote. C'est la vie. ;)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3230 on: August 18, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »

:D Okay, wasn't sure.

Now I need to convince my boyfriend to watch it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3231 on: August 18, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »

Show him any major scene with the horse. Everybody loves Max.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3232 on: August 18, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »

Show him any major scene with the horse. Everybody loves Max.

I'm a Pascal the Chameleon fan myself.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3233 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »

TANGLED, I hope to see it soon!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3234 on: August 18, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »

TANGLED, I hope to see it soon!

Is this a hint that you want to watch it with me?

Fine, okay. Just don't put your dick in the popcorn.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3235 on: August 18, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

Cloud Atlas -
This was a movie of such astounding scope and scale that it is a triumph based on those aspects alone.
Then we have the actors playing multiple parts over 6 different story threads. And somehow, the directors manage to interweave it all together, and have it be steadily interesting and, above all, entertaining.
Even after watching this very long movie, I was so enthralled by the whole endeavor that I couldn't help but start clicking on the features about it's creation. I also wanted to immediately watch it again! This is just not like me.
Tom Hanks, who I admit to being tired of seeing pop up on my screen, does an incredible job portraying numerous vastly different characters. He basically holds this thing together, from an acting standpoint. Amazing work.
All this gushing aside, this is a far from a perfect film. It truly does take a while to realize what's going on. And it can be rather confusing jumping from character to character, and era to era.
Then, of course, we have the characters that go by the wayside, or really are never explained at all, like Hugo Weavings Bill Smoke.
As I expected with the Wachowskis involved the movie looks and sounds fantastic. South Korea in the future looked so darn cool.
I loved this movie. I want to watch it again. I want to watch all the making of featurettes, and listen to director commentaries. Movies like this are what keep me loving movies as much as I do. The passion for the medium is readily on display from all involved. I am encouraged for the future of film, and the possibilities therein. Good show, Cloud Atlas.

Before Sunrise -
This movie is the perfect example of why I don't write off a single genre. I will see any movie in any genre, even ones I don't generally like, if it's well reviewed/well liked.
This is a great movie. It's intelligent, and doesn't insult the viewer like pretty much every modern romantic comedy does. The conversations between these two feel genuine, and like they could take place between real people.
My only problem was with Ethan Hawke being a tad obnoxious, but one could chalk that up to meeting a hot french girl, and getting her to agree to spend a day in Vienna with him.
I very much look forward to watching Before Sunset to find out what comes next for these two.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3236 on: August 18, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »

Cloud Atlas -
Before Sunrise -

Cloud Atlas really, really underperformed at the box office.  I'm not exactly surprised, I'm sure marketing that thing was a nightmare (and the source material wasn't an easy pitch either I'm sure), but I'm still sad for because it was (1) extremely ambitious and (2) all the better for it, a rare film that I don't really thing has a proper equal.  It's most certainly entertaining even despite the diversity and well connected between the timelines.

The "Before _____" series is ....I guess the most successful indie-romance film, spawning two sequels each 9 years a part.  I saw Before Midnight not too long ago -- and third time's a charm, I'm happy to say.
Happy to see fellas like it; you, my brother, my boyfriend, and one of my other buddies were really able to like it.
Before Sunset (this kinda gets more confusing than just numbering-off titles) was probably my favorite, if I was pressed to pick anyways, but it's a damn fine series and I think it adds beautifully to the romance genre without *at all* shutting itself off to men who may be apprehensive or less willing to invest in this type of film.  I think it's because they're pretty realistic and practical, so long as you've had at LEAST a crush in your life, then this film works for anyone on that ground.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3237 on: August 19, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »

Yeah, I was bummed to see the movie do so poorly. It only made 27M in NA! 130M total with foreign. Hopefully, it becomes a sort of "cult" classic over the years. It truly is wonderful.

Battleship -
I had no intention of ever watching this movie. Ever. But a co-worker, who tends to like bad movies, kept asking me if I had seen it yet. I finally stuck it at the top of my queue mostly to shut him up, and so I could tell him how awful it is. And guess what? It's awful!
There really is no plot here. We have a simple "story" of us sending out a signal, and aliens coming back to kick our ass for no good reason that is ever explained. they're just EVIL, and that's that. I might have accepted that when i was 5, but as soon as I was reading I wanted something more.
Why does Liam Neeson keep getting involved in bad movies? He can actually act. He's awesome. And yet somebody in Hollywood must have naked pictures of him with a jackelope or something because it's practically been one bad movie after another.
Then we have Alexander Skarsgard, who actually appeared to be taking the role seriously.
Rihanna wasn't as bad as I thought she would be, but still sucked.
Generic blonde bimbo was awful as well.
The only positive was the decent CG. They actually appeared to spend some money here.
Plus, they get one little tiny point for finding a way to work in the game into the movie.
Please don't do this again, Hasbro. Please.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3238 on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »

The Wolverine. I was so jacked to watch it after all the buzz and great reviews. I was kind of underwhelmed: (  I didn't think it was much better than the first one. The main villians were kinda bleh:/ Whatever. Xmen :DOFP HAS to be stellar!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3239 on: August 24, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »

I went to see The Conjuring. It wasn't terrible. I didn't find it scary at all. There were only one or two jump scares, but even those were predictable enough where it didn't startle me. The scariest part was the lady behind me that screamed at one of them.

I saw it last night. I agree that it wasn't scary. Didn't think it was that bad, definately not as bad as the second half of Insidious. Most of the people watching were laughing throughout it. My favourite part was probably

Code:
Ghost Maid: Look what they made me do! *shows slit wrists and runs out of sight*
Skeptical cop: Hey! You! *runs after her without a single care in the world*

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 266 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: