Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 361065 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »

30 Days of Night

I thought it was awesome for what it was, a gory creepy vampire movie BASED on a comic.  Was it exactly like the comic?  No.  It was BASED on it.  Some people don't seem to get that with movies BASED on something.  And they always come back disappointed *shrug*.

Anyways, Josh Hartnett wasn't actually all that bad.  He wasn't great, but it wasn't bad, at least in my opinion.  Still the Vampires made up for any poor acting in my opinion.  Honestly, these are probably the best movie vampires so far.  Definitely not the "Oh dear I seem to have spilled my tea even though i'm a vampire, oh lets dress in frilly clothes or goth blah and act all human."

These were definitely monster vamps through and through.  A little human, but way more monster like they should be.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

Corpse Bride was on TV the other night.  It was fucking awful.  Then again, given how emos and goths go on about it, I knew it was going to suck.

Trailer Park Boys movie.  Again.  Great every time I see it.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »

I saw Corpse Bride the other night too.  I don't know... I LOVED Nightmare Before Christmas and I dug Corpse Bride's art style, but I just couldn't get into that movie.

I also caught Napoleon Dynamite on TV.  I can see why that movie is a cult classic, but I didn't like it at all.  I thought it was boring and stupid.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »

Another one of those "I hate emo and goths even though I act just like them by hating them wah wah boo hoo"  So freaking stupid.

Still, I feel the same, looked good, but just didnt have the fun like Nightmare.  Shame to, would have loved for it to have been good.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Another one of those "I hate emo and goths even though I act just like them by hating them wah wah boo hoo"  So freaking stupid.

Still, I feel the same, looked good, but just didnt have the fun like Nightmare.  Shame to, would have loved for it to have been good.

blahblahblah...I like Corpse Bride. :P

Recently I've seen (for the first time):

- Transformers (Michael Bay is lame)
- The Stepford Wives (Nicole Kidman remake ... huge plot holes because they re-wrote the ending after filming half the thing...)
- The Big Lebowski (I now see why it's a cult classic, and I enjoyed it)
- Thank You For Smoking (much love)
- Match Stick Men (gogo Nicholas Cage)
- Fast Food Nation *and* Super Size Me (makes you hate factory farming and mega-corporation ad tactics, respectively)
- Me and You and Everyone We Know (ridiculous indie film, kinda boring, but if anyone knows what ))<>(( means, then you're in business).

Ramza

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »

Just finished watching Transformers.  Some stupid stuff in it, but they looked awesome as did the transformation effects.  That's all I was really looking for, so I wasn't disappointed.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2007, 07:58:14 AM »

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/index2.php?date=20070623

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/index2.php?date=20070807

I think these webcomics capture the sentiments of most people about the Michael Bay Transformers movie.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2007, 10:09:35 AM »

Finally got to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  Not as good as the book obviously, but expecting it to be is fairly stupid.  However, as a movie adaptation I didn't mind it so much.  Its been at least 2 years since I read the book itself, so I don't remember all of the exact details, but that probably worked in my favor.

However, Daniel Radcliffe looks like he has a really messed up face or something, I dunno I get a feeling like he has light downsyndrome or somesuch.  *shrug*

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »

Since it's "Monster Fest" on AMC this week, I've watched a fair number of movies the past few days.  Halloween(classic), The Frighteners(yech), Creepshow(meh), The Fog(o.k.) and HellRaiser(not as good as I remember). HellRaiser 2 is on tonight.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »

FINALLY watched Batman Begins. The movie was fantastic, now I think I can safely say that between Superman Returns and Batman Begins, Batman's the better movie. Both were pretty good though.

I thought the Corpse Bride was alright, but nothing that great.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:39 PM »

Yes, Batman Begins is great.

Watched "The Truman Show" today. It's such a good film. I remember watching it when I was a kid and later wondering that if I went far enough towards the horizon, would I bump into the sky. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 01:06:11 AM »

Heavy Metal: A Headbangers' Journey.  I've been meaning to watch this for a while. If you're a metal head, you must watch this. Very cool.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »

I caught the Darjeeling Limited at this independent theatre that just opened. It was alright, Wes Anderson isn't my favorite director. The short film at the beginning was very good, however.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »

Creature From The Black Lagoon

Some great photography.
Creature looks great, especially for when it was made.
Movie did a good job of making you feel sorry for the creature - it's not really a "bad guy".

The "people" (characters) in the movie are largely asses.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

I just came back from Bee Movie.  It was a fun flick.  Nothing incredible or awesome, but a fun flick with some funny Seinfeld-esque moments.  I thought the ending was extremely well done.  

One of the little kids in the theater was so into the movie, he was almost crying when it was over.  He didn't want it to end.  If that's not a good review for a kid flick, I don't know what is.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: