Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327438 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 252 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 353325 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: January 28, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »

It actually wasn't that bad, and parts of it were funny.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: January 29, 2010, 12:04:20 AM »

I thought it was pretty bad and stereotypical.  It certainly didn't remind me at all of what any school I went to was like.  The best part for me, only because I didn't think it would actually happen and it caught me so off guard was...

Code:
when that girl got slammed by the school bus

It was an otherwise predictable teenage identity crisis movie.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: January 29, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »

I liked Mean Girls. It wasn't unpredictable or very original but it was well-made and very entertaining to watch.

Saw "Edge of Darkness" today. It sucked. Don't watch it.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 29, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »

Finished off the Planet of the Apes series.  Planning to buy Zombieland next week when it comes out.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: January 29, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

I liked Mean Girls.

I did too. I thought it was smarter and more thoughtful than a dozen of its like minded movies.

Anway, I've watched a few this week. Halloween 2 (1981) sucked, Halloween 3 (1982) was better than I expected but not particularly good, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs sucked, and Gamer sucked. It's been a bad week for me in terms of movies...

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: January 30, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »

Watched Zombieland on Blu-Ray last night. That now makes 7 times i've watched this. The special features were alright too.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »

I thought that didn't come out until next week...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: January 31, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »

I thought that didn't come out until next week...

Comes out Tuesday.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: January 31, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »

^Yes. I work part time at a video store so I can get early access.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: February 01, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »

Day Walkers and it was really, really good.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: February 03, 2010, 01:05:42 AM »

Saw Avatar in 3D. Liked it more than I expect I would, and certainly lived up to the "zomg pretty visuals!" hype. Plot and characters felt dry though and did not care much for them, but it works, given the scenario and all.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »

I feel bad for you Lard.

Why? Mean Girls is not your stereotypical teen movie. It's actually pretty decent.

I loved it.

Anyways.  I've seen a whole bunch.  Included a small synopsis for those maybe interested.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - adults will love those just as much as kids.  The movie also depicts heaven (oversized food).  I think the ads speak for it.  Go see it, guaranteed love.

Brothers Bloom - cool movie, very slick, very stylish and very witty.  Two con men are pulled into an elaborate story about a girl and her millions of dollars.  Didn't quite expect the ending.  Bam Bam (asian explosive extraordinaire) is amazing.

Fantastic Mr. Fox - I love all Wes Anderson movies and this is no exception.  Some of the quick wit really needs to be listened out for, and its definitely a comedy that'll probably go over some people's radar (like all Wes comedies).  Essentially its about a Fox who's family and friends get into some shenanigans with three cruel and mean farmers they steal from.

Mirrormask - here's a quiet release.  If you're familiar with Neil Gaimen's Coraline, then this story follows a similar suit.  Helena has problems in the real world, is whisked to a magical one, and it all becomes a dream-metaphor for her problems in the real world.  Typical Gaimen, dated CGI, but creative and fantastic world.

Billy Madison - A lot of us know this one.  I'm not going into a synopsis.  I remember this movie being funnier; quite frankly I think the scene where the judge tells him how stupid Adam Sandler's answer was for that question sums up this movie haha.  Fun to go back to though....O'DOYLE RULES!!!!

Princess and the Frog - A cute Disney movie that retells the story of the P & the F in New Orleans during a jazzy 1912.  Lotsa fun, but I don't chalk it up to more than that.  I know my College's Animation students were psyched for this released since this was definitely better than the 3D stuff Disney spits out.

Meet Joe Black - Rewatch.  Anthony Hopkins' character is dying and gets to chill with Death before time runs out.  Meanwhile, Death stirs some shit.  I like this movie.  Some good quotes, and its generally a pleasurable watch (nothing too-too bad happens to make you grind your teeth and bite the nails off).  Kinda sappy, and I can see why critics are kinda iffy on it.  But worth a watch nonetheless.

Snatch - love it.  I realized its one of few movies I can never get sick of...so I put it on my phone.  Only one other movie has been put on my phone and thats Forgetting Sarah Marshall... nothing quite like a movie you can put on at any point of it and enjoy.  For those who don't know; WATCH IT, probably one of the better heist movies out there.

Scent of a Woman - anyone else underwhelmed by this?  I feel like it delivered exactly what I expected.  A good movie, but I just didn't feel much else.  I thought the story was somewhat bland too; even if thats not what the writer's were going for, I would have at least wanted to see stronger characters. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:09:52 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: February 04, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »

Fantastic Mr. Fox - I love all Wes Anderson movies and this is no exception.  Some of the quick wit really needs to be listened out for, and its definitely a comedy that'll probably go over some people's radar (like all Wes comedies).  Essentially its about a Fox who's family and friends get into some shenanigans with three cruel and mean farmers they steal from.

It's also one of the more well known novels by Roald Dahl.  But yes, Anderson is one of my favorite filmmakers.  Well except for The Life Aquatic.  I think he kind of fell off with that movie.

I recently watched Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.  Definitely the weakest of Park Chan-wook's movies that I have seen.  Very stylish but the substance was very lacking.  I also watched The Motorcycle Diaries, which only further solidified my own cross country/continent travel plans soon as I get my lazy ass in enough shape and potentially finish school.  Really great movie and look into the early life of Guevarra.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »

It's also one of the more well known novels by Roald Dahl.  But yes, Anderson is one of my favorite filmmakers.  Well except for The Life Aquatic.  I think he kind of fell off with that movie.[/quote]

I didn't like it till I broke it down and realized the "theme" of the movie.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »

I have no doubt that it has some nice things buried underneath the surface, but I can just not sit through the entire movie without falling asleep out of boredom.  I think I'd need to watch it with a large group of people to fully get through it, but there isn't a single person I know that would want to watch it with me.  For now I'll just relish his talent with either The Royal Tenenbaums or The Darjeeling Limited as my favorite...I don't think I could pick between the two.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 252 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: