Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327626 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 252 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 354301 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »

Watched the entire series of Twin Peaks over the last few weeks.  Cool stuff, but the last episode is perhaps the most insane hour of TV I've ever seen.  As I would have expected from Lynch. :D  Gotta watch Fire Walk With Me still.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: April 27, 2010, 12:32:44 AM »

Just watched Moon. I strongly recommend! Sam Rockwell was excellent.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: April 27, 2010, 07:38:45 AM »

Just watched all the Harry Potter movies in order over the course of two days.(Otis Externa FTW) Really put me in the mood to get the books back when I go visit my parents next week.

I know, I'm such a child but at the same time I'm a victim of nostalgia - that and the books are well written.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

Watched the entire series of Twin Peaks over the last few weeks.  Cool stuff, but the last episode is perhaps the most insane hour of TV I've ever seen.  As I would have expected from Lynch. :D  Gotta watch Fire Walk With Me still.

Been meaning to watch this.

Watched

Bride of Re-animator
Beyond Re-animator

Beast Wars - all 3 seasons

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: April 30, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »

I watched "Black Dynamite" again. FUNNY! XD

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:55 AM »

The Lovely Bones -

The first 30-45 minutes I enjoyed greatly and was ready to crown this movie one of my favorites of the year, but alas there was still over an hour left in the movie, and that's where things went ugly. As soon as Susie dies and we start getting otherworldly scenes, the movie comes to a grinding halt and I just started having wandering thoughts instead of paying attention. There really was no need for them. I don't feel like anything was gained in terms of plot or character by having them in there. The movie was much more interesting and entertaining when focusing on the killer or the family trauma and the performance given by Stanley Tucci as the killer is chilling and a little mesmerizing. Every time his character was on screen I was riveted. The rest of the cast is solid, if unspectacular. It's really too bad the movie has such tone shifts from family drama, to suspenseful thriller, to outright boringness. There was potential here for greatness, and despite the technical excellence of everything it just doesn't completely satisfy.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: May 09, 2010, 05:23:12 AM »

Watched Avatar and X-Men Origins Friday.

Avatar felt like I was watching a JRPG (which I expected given how both Avatar and your garden variety JRPG are both descended from generic Anime).

X-Man wasn't that thrilling either. Way too many characters, and they handled most of them pretty badly too. And while I have beefs with movie logic all over the place, the one thing that I must call out on is that it doesn't matter how indestructible the projectile is, if your gun is the only putting the same amount of force as every other gun then the effects are going to be the same.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: May 11, 2010, 01:05:48 AM »

I saw the "The Painted Veil" today and quite liked it it. A very touching love story.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: May 12, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »

The Human Centipede

I really wish I didn't

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: May 12, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »

The Descent 2 - It's not great but better than what I was expecting.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: May 12, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

Avatar felt like I was watching a JRPG (which I expected given how both Avatar and your garden variety JRPG are both descended from generic Anime).

Whoe an eye-catching film.... I thought the fact that half of the jungle turning all neon-florescent was a cheap way to "wow" the audience.  A few fancy lights and everyone's impressed.  Ah well; it was nevertheless a touching tale of Smurf Pocahontas.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1316 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »

Quaritch in Avatar= Virgil in Xenosaga

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: May 13, 2010, 09:11:57 PM »

Dice -  Smurf Pocahontas. heh That cracked me up.

Been trying to fit in the last season of BSG and Razor in between the insane intersession class work. Needing something else soon to fill the void till more Caprica comes out. Thinking of FIrefly cause I liked Serenity.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: May 14, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »

Dice -  Smurf Pocahontas. heh That cracked me up.

Been trying to fit in the last season of BSG and Razor in between the insane intersession class work. Needing something else soon to fill the void till more Caprica comes out. Thinking of FIrefly cause I liked Serenity.
Wait...You watched Serenity without seeing Firefly first? That's just...odd. I suppose it might make a decent stand alone movie, but you HAVE to see Firefly to really appreciate it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: May 14, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »

Dice -  Smurf Pocahontas. heh That cracked me up.

Wait...You watched Serenity without seeing Firefly first? That's just...odd. I suppose it might make a decent stand alone movie, but you HAVE to see Firefly to really appreciate it.

Almost everyone I know saw Serenity without seeing Firefly, including myself, and we all still liked it alot.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 252 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: