Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 11:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334709 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 376175 times)
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: May 14, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »

Dice -  Smurf Pocahontas. heh That cracked me up.

Been trying to fit in the last season of BSG and Razor in between the insane intersession class work. Needing something else soon to fill the void till more Caprica comes out. Thinking of FIrefly cause I liked Serenity.
Wait...You watched Serenity without seeing Firefly first? That's just...odd. I suppose it might make a decent stand alone movie, but you HAVE to see Firefly to really appreciate it.

Almost everyone I know saw Serenity without seeing Firefly, including myself, and we all still liked it alot.

Ditto. I saw Serenity first and then decided to watch Firefly. It's a great stand-alone movie with good cast chemistry. :

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: May 15, 2010, 02:19:45 AM »

Serenity makes a good stand alone movie. There's hints to the show but they're not so bad where you're lost without those details.

Watched Kick Ass. Great movie.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: May 16, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »

Serenity is definitely a great standalone movie, the majority of the people I know that love Firefly didn't watch it until they saw Serenity as well.

Personally,  movies written so that only fans can appreciate/understand it has always been a pet peeve of mine.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: May 17, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »

The Descent Part 2 -

A disappointing sequel where all the ideas and intriguing aspects of the original are scrapped in favor of more gore, more action, and pointless character cameos that ruin the story of the first movie. It's a pointless sequel that kind of ruins my fond memories of the first one. Everything that was beautiful and haunting about the first movie has been turned into murky, disgusting cinema and cheap looking special effects. I guess the only good things I have to say about this movie are that I wasn't bored while watching it and it was competently acted.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: May 18, 2010, 08:01:08 PM »

5 Centimetres Per Second.

I cried....a lot.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: May 18, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »

I cried....a lot.

This was really awesome.  Shinkai is great.  You should watch his other movies if you haven't.  I'd say Voices of a Distant Star is my favorite.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:09 AM »

I cried....a lot.

This was really awesome.  Shinkai is great.  You should watch his other movies if you haven't.  I'd say Voices of a Distant Star is my favorite.

I've only seen Places Promised in our Early Days but I second any suggestion involving more Shinkai.

The Descent Part 2 -

A disappointing sequel where all the ideas and intriguing aspects of the original are scrapped in favor of more gore, more action, and pointless character cameos that ruin the story of the first movie. It's a pointless sequel that kind of ruins my fond memories of the first one. Everything that was beautiful and haunting about the first movie has been turned into murky, disgusting cinema and cheap looking special effects. I guess the only good things I have to say about this movie are that I wasn't bored while watching it and it was competently acted.

Wasn't the first one just a murky, disgusting cinema with cheap looking special effects and featured nothing but gore, action, and pointless characters to begin with?

No wait, the first movie was a black screen with dumb chicks screaming in the background throughout it and some hilarious bullshit at the beginning that had nothing to do with the rest of the movie of not being able to see the shit happening on the screen.

Avatar felt like I was watching a JRPG (which I expected given how both Avatar and your garden variety JRPG are both descended from generic Anime).

Whoe an eye-catching film.... I thought the fact that half of the jungle turning all neon-florescent was a cheap way to "wow" the audience.  A few fancy lights and everyone's impressed.  Ah well; it was nevertheless a touching tale of Smurf Pocahontas.

I thought the story was more like Pocahontas meets Fern Gully with some anime bullshit about trees being the hive mind collective and unobtainium lol. But really, it was probably just James Cameron trolling movie audiences to see how much anime the average movie goer would watch before dropping Battle Angel Alita into the mainstream consciousness.

Anyways, watched Sherlock Holmes a day after my last update. Was correct in my assumption that it had undergone the Wild Wild West treatment in that it was still mostly Sherlock Holmes kinda but in big dumb action film format.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »

I'm not even going to respond with something thoughtful to that. You obviously didn't watch the same movie I did.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »

Saw "Waitress" last night.

Thought it was sweet and decent but not really what I was expecting.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: May 21, 2010, 10:19:17 AM »

I'm not even going to respond with something thoughtful to that. You obviously didn't watch the same movie I did.

Truth be told, I couldn't really even watch anything given how absolutely dark everything was, which for a movie with that kind of premise, is something that needs to have been seen. I came for the gorn, I left without ten bux, 2 hours of my life, and anything to show for it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: May 21, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

Cloverfield.  always fun.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: May 26, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »

Human Centipede

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

Human Centipede

The film creeped me out, but not half as much as my own imagination creeped me out before I actully watched it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:20 PM »

I watched 1408 which stayed fairly close to Stephen King's story.  Oh, I watched Holes too. It was okay, I guess.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: May 26, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »

Human Centipede

The film creeped me out, but not half as much as my own imagination creeped me out before I actully watched it.

I agree with this. The film was surprisingly more restrained than I thought it would be from the trailers. There's still a bunch of stuff from that film that will be burned into my mind for awhile, though.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: