Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330162 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 364714 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: June 19, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »

Saw A-Team with a friend. Action sequences were too hard to follow,otherwise it's mindless fun and I liked the comical bits.

I must know. Was there at least one person getting out of every wreck, no matter how spectacular the explosion or how demolished the vehicle was afterwords?

This is relevant to my interests.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: June 22, 2010, 02:23:49 AM »

Pumpkinhead.  It's probably been over 15 years since I saw it last.  Pretty dumb but still fun.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: July 07, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »

Recently I have seen The Road and Eragon.
The Road was great and made me decide on getting the book. It had the most realistic post-apocalyptic earth I have seen in a movie.

Eragon was either terrible or the best thing you have ever seen. It is hilarious if you think of it as a parody of Eragon.
Code:
Things such as a baby dragon suddenly going "poof" and changing to adult size.
I was really surprised when it came to the time where the Ra'zac were going to kill Brom, He kills one and drives away the other. Five minutes later they give him the lamest death ever.

Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: July 08, 2010, 09:28:11 AM »

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

I thought it was great. Though I am getting a little bored of the Burton/Depp combo. They seem to do a lot of the same things with only slightly different flavours.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: July 08, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »

The Last Airbender...yeah...uh...it was shit.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: July 09, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »

grown ups
chris rock had very few lines in this even though he's third main cast member and it had too much slapstick for me but besides that, it made me smile

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: July 10, 2010, 12:39:28 AM »

Just got done re-watching Philadelphia on hulu, always a great movie.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: July 10, 2010, 01:11:20 AM »

The Wolfman.

Not *quite* as terrible as I'd heard, but the ending was stupid.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: July 11, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »

Finally (finally!) saw Donnie Darko last night.  I was quite impressed and not completely confused as a lot of people make the first viewing out to be.  For Jake Gyllenhaal's dynamic performance,  interesting ending that's wide open for interpretation, well placed humor, and for a story involving airplane crashes (yet released very close to 9/11) I give it a 5/5.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:52:52 PM by Alexander » Logged

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: July 12, 2010, 02:18:05 PM »

I watched Despicable Me this weekend.  Everything I expected it to be, just a fun, family movie.  Really cute film.  And I also watched Shutter Island.  I had low expectations for the film because of the way it was advertised and then some stuff I was reading and friends told me (including being spoiled on a major plot point, though this proved to be a godsend) and I have to say I thought the movie was absolutely amazing.  It's a movie that really does require a second watching (or having it spoiled) to be really enjoyed.  At least I think so.

Code:
I really liked how you can almost make a map of this guy's psyche throughout his actions during the movie, especially when you realize the extent of his insanity and delusions.  I hate that this movie was advertised as a thriller, and I think (at least amongst my friends) the fact that the big plot twist that he's really a patient and they were all his crimes was pulled off in such a nonplussed way that it turned them off, as if that was the big culminating moment of the movie.  There really is no culminating moment, it's just a look into the psyche of a man driven to the edge, and perhaps the author's opinion that a person pushed that far can't be helped.  But then, which is why I really like that very end, it almost seems as if he's "cured" if not temporarily, and the weight of those two years, and the fact that he regressed before, leads him to intentionally lobotomize himself, or in a sense commit a spiritual suicide.  Of course that's all a guess.  Definitely a movie I will have to rewatch later.  One of the best movies I've seen recently.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »

I watched Despicable Me this weekend.  Everything I expected it to be, just a fun, family movie.  Really cute film.  And I also watched Shutter Island.  I had low expectations for the film because of the way it was advertised and then some stuff I was reading and friends told me (including being spoiled on a major plot point, though this proved to be a godsend) and I have to say I thought the movie was absolutely amazing.  It's a movie that really does require a second watching (or having it spoiled) to be really enjoyed.  At least I think so.

Code:
I really liked how you can almost make a map of this guy's psyche throughout his actions during the movie, especially when you realize the extent of his insanity and delusions.  I hate that this movie was advertised as a thriller, and I think (at least amongst my friends) the fact that the big plot twist that he's really a patient and they were all his crimes was pulled off in such a nonplussed way that it turned them off, as if that was the big culminating moment of the movie.  There really is no culminating moment, it's just a look into the psyche of a man driven to the edge, and perhaps the author's opinion that a person pushed that far can't be helped.  But then, which is why I really like that very end, it almost seems as if he's "cured" if not temporarily, and the weight of those two years, and the fact that he regressed before, leads him to intentionally lobotomize himself, or in a sense commit a spiritual suicide.  Of course that's all a guess.  Definitely a movie I will have to rewatch later.  One of the best movies I've seen recently.

Despicable Me
I loved it.  I've seen no bad reviews, some good, but most I saw were average otherwise.  I was surprised.  I thought this was an amazing "cartoon"; the caricatures of specific archetypes were brilliant and hilarious to watch.  The minions were adorable, the old people look 150 years old, and the girls were absolutely adorable (ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!)

Shutter Island.
I felt it was going to be a by the numbers horror flick...but the director and DiCaprio made me see it.  I was surprised.  It is kinda by the numbers; but the cinematography really captures a nightmarish feel to the movie that helps to add to the overall atmosphere.  Not scary, but certainly haunting.  You can see the plot twist coming, but certainly not the ending - making this a film to see.
Code:
Actually, a second watch kinda exposes how he's got a case of the crazies.

When in Rome/ It's Complicated
I'm a girl... I like a nice shitty chick-flick rom-com every so often.  Both of these were shit and lacking charm.
When in Rome was over-sap, over-stupid, and made me lose IQ.  Josh Duhammel is fucken gorgeous though =)
It's Complicated was a waste of an amazing cast.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:23:27 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: July 16, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »

I was dragged along to see twilight. It was pretty bad although not as awful as I was expecting. It was probably because I did not take it that seriously. I have realised it is not twilight itself I hate(I greatly dislike it) but the rabid fans. There is nothing wrong with liking something but the fanbase joins the ranks of FF7 and Narutos.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: July 16, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

Saw "Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince" a couple of nights ago- liked it, a good compression of the book, I think. Definitely makes me want to re-read the book again anyway.

Also saw "Zombieland" and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! Main character was adorably quirky.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1378 on: July 17, 2010, 01:05:44 AM »

Not a movie, but I did just see a stage production of The Music Man.  It was fun, and one of my friends was in it. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 17, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »

I always loved that show.  Wanted the chance to play Harold Hill some time when I was still acting... but as a low bass, I don't have the range for his high tenor songs. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: