Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334433 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 257 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 374440 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: October 17, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »

Dice - I absolutely agree.  I liked the fact that
Code:
when they put it on the shelf at the end, it was next to other religions' holy books, which said to me that they were trying to preserve all of the wisdom of the past that they could.  A very different goal than Gary Oldman's.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: October 18, 2010, 07:48:53 AM »

Watched Caddyshack - this movie is fucken great.  Aged really well for the most part, and I think Chevy Chase's character cannot be outmatched.

Hahah yes! I always loved Bill Murray's character in that movie as well. *starts doing the gopher dance at the end of the movie* Also nothing beats Rodney Dangerfield's wise cracks.

Watched Iron Man 2 again. Still love it, still can't wait for an avenger's movie.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: October 19, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

got around to seeing 500 Days of Summer. For the most part a good movie for it's genre, but still has some heavy-handed writing. Her name was AUTUMN? PAAAAHLEASE
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: October 19, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »

got around to seeing 500 Days of Summer. For the most part a good movie for it's genre, but still has some heavy-handed writing. Her name was AUTUMN? PAAAAHLEASE

The point is: that movie has the HAPPIEST ending ever.... Autumn is hotter than Summer, and thats a lesson to take home with you.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: October 19, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »

The point is: that movie has the HAPPIEST ending ever.... Autumn is hotter than Summer, and thats a lesson to take home with you.

I loved that movie. Zooey is freakin' adorable. Plus, I totally sympathized with the guys(I forget his name) situation, as I was in a similar one awhile back.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: October 19, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »

That movie was indeed amazing. SOOO much better than the crap spewed out by Hollywood under the label of a romantic comedy. It was honest, somewhat cold, but still hopeful and heartwarming. Just an all around great time.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: October 19, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »

Yeah but my point is they could have left the drawing starting over w/ autumn and at #1 instead of beating us over the head over with it.

I still liked the movie but that's just how i feel about the ending.

Also, Autumn > Summer
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: October 20, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »

I loved that movie. Zooey is freakin' adorable. Plus, I totally sympathized with the guys(I forget his name) situation, as I was in a similar one awhile back.

I like Zooey... except her voice.  She sounds like a muppet at the best of times.  That, and her roles tend to be the chick who's all free-spirited and all like "if you don't like your job...then quit".  NOT THAT EASY!!  PICK ANOTHER ROLE PLZ.

Love that movie, awesome to see Joseph Gordon Levitt really rise above his 3rd Rock From the Sun role - he's really come into his own lately.
Ineteresting to see so many guys like it too.  I think as Blace pointed out, it helps that's not typical rom-com-sit-com kind of situations - much more realistic, but still never forgot to have fun with it.
Little Sis was a good example: "Uh, just this guy with Brad Pitt's face and Jesus' abs..."

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: October 20, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »

I wasn't a fan of Zoe either. Her delivery is kind of robotic. I really liked some of the artistic scenes in the movie, him sketching the LA skyline for instance.

JGL rules man. Awesome in Inception.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: October 25, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »

Labyrinth yesterday. Movie isn't as freaky as I remember but still is cool. Some interesting themes and visuals, plus it's basically a great film version of an RPG.

Family member on a quest to save a sibling. Gathers a party along the way, a dungeon crawl, party member betrayal and redemption, and everything sort of returning to normal at the end... OR DOES IT?!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: October 25, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »

Labyrinth yesterday. Movie isn't as freaky as I remember but still is cool. Some interesting themes and visuals, plus it's basically a great film version of an RPG.

Family member on a quest to save a sibling. Gathers a party along the way, a dungeon crawl, party member betrayal and redemption, and everything sort of returning to normal at the end... OR DOES IT?!
The movie when I totally got a crush on Jennifer Connelly. I still have a thing for her, but she's a bit emaciated nowadays. Too bad.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »

Pants, magic pants.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: October 25, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1483 on: October 25, 2010, 05:01:33 PM »

I was just talking about that flick with a couple of friends while we were in a corn maze this past weekend.  Most recently, I saw Ernest Scared Stupid and Corpse Bride with friends.  And I mentioned seeing Resident Evil: Aftermath in 3D earlier in the month.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: October 25, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »

Hmmm... Mmmmm...  Hm?

I watched Weird Al's odd and awesome movie debut, UHF.
Some quality moments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvLcozLwtE - Gandhi 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8 - Conan the Librarian

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 257 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: