Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 256 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 371584 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:58 PM »

Labyrinth yesterday. Movie isn't as freaky as I remember but still is cool. Some interesting themes and visuals, plus it's basically a great film version of an RPG.

Family member on a quest to save a sibling. Gathers a party along the way, a dungeon crawl, party member betrayal and redemption, and everything sort of returning to normal at the end... OR DOES IT?!
The movie when I totally got a crush on Jennifer Connelly. I still have a thing for her, but she's a bit emaciated nowadays. Too bad.

This was the movie that totally gave me a crush on David Bowie.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 25, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

I watched Weird Al's odd and awesome movie debut, UHF.
Some quality moments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvLcozLwtE - Gandhi 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8 - Conan the Librarian

That movie is awesome.

Watched "The Haunting of Molly Hartley."  Not terrible, but WAY too reliant on the startle scare.  "La la la, I'm just walking down the hall... Oh, holy crap, a cat!"  Over and over and over.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: October 26, 2010, 12:33:16 AM »

Hmmm... Mmmmm...  Hm?

I watched Weird Al's odd and awesome movie debut, UHF.
Some quality moments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvLcozLwtE - Gandhi 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8 - Conan the Librarian

That's the kind of shit I grew up on. I don't like the dude that throws animals out of the window but I did like the fire hydrant that blasts the kid
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »

Not a movie, but Seasons 1 and 2 of Parks and Recreation is on Netflix Instant Watch and it is quite hilarious. I heart Amy Poehler and Aziz Ansari.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »

Saw "Easy A" today and thought it was quite funny. Not amazing or anything but some of the jokes were priceless. Emma Stone did a good job, I think. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

Watched KILL BILL pts. 1&2 again this morning.  It's in my top 5 movies of all time. Love it!  Great action, characters, story and music.  What's not to love?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: November 01, 2010, 01:25:11 AM »

Watched Paranormal Activity the other night late and in the dark.

Freaked me the fuck out.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1492 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »

Gotta watch Halloween on Halloween.  That movie is still as chilling as it ever was.  I don't care how many times you've seen it, that music is still the most frightening thing you'll ever hear and Myers himself is still the stuff of nightmares.  What a fantastic movie. 

One of my students told me earlier this month that for Halloween weekend, he was going to dress up as Michael Myers and he programmed the theme music into his cell phone so he'd play it every time he slowly approached.  I'll have to ask him if he did that the next time I see him. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: November 01, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

The expendables. I think they did a good job bringing that vibe of those old action flicks into a contemporary film, the choreography of the action scenes was pretty good. I was expecting something cheesy and over the top but I think they managed to avoid that, it's a good tribute to the movies these guys used to make back in the 80's, it doesn't take itself too seriously but it's not a parody either.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »

The expendables. I think they did a good job bringing that vibe of those old action flicks into a contemporary film, the choreography of the action scenes was pretty good. I was expecting something cheesy and over the top but I think they managed to avoid that, it's a good tribute to the movies these guys used to make back in the 80's, it doesn't take itself too seriously but it's not a parody either.

I thought the major problem with it was that it *wasn't* a parody.  It was pretty bad save a few moments.  Micky Rourke looks like he got off the Iron Man 2 set and right into the Expendables (hair is the same).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: November 01, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »

I was let down by Expendables.

I was totally expecting a campy 80s style action movie w/ explosions and guys getting tossed around by springboards.

Instead... crappy cg effects. I also wanted more laffs between cast members, but it seems like good scenes w/ all of them in there were few and far between.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: November 01, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »

Resident Evil Afterlife, they really need to stop making these, at least it's better than the prequel, I think...

The taking of Pelham 123, very good movie, it's always nice to see Travolta back at his best, Denzel as superb as ever, the typical hostage situation plot takes a back seat to the interaction between the two characters.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: November 04, 2010, 01:11:11 AM »

Jackass 3D

Most important thing produced by Western Culture I say
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: November 04, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »

"The Fugitive" today, even better than the first time I saw it (was a significantly younger person).

Will prolly do my annual V for Vendetta screening this weekend too.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »

All through puberty I had to hide my typical teenage acne (It wasn't that bad) from my mother in fear that she would see it and - not unlike a lioness spotting a weak and injured young buffalo - pounce on me and try and squeeze it. Well, unfortunately I have also become one of those people and when my boyfriend said, offhandedly, that he had a sore spot on his back, I immediately tried to convince him to let me squeeze it, as its mere presence in the room was driving me insane, but he would not yield to me.

In the end he named his price for it. I had to watch Open Graves with him.

God, help us all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:10:50 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 256 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: