Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327602 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 252 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 354287 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: February 19, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: February 19, 2011, 10:54:56 PM »

Ahh  Homer,  my king:D

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: February 20, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »

Watched Howl's Moving Castle. 
While again suffering the usual director's characteristics we've seen time and time again in Ghibli films (old people, gorging, housework, evil ooze) - this film was wonderful, and definitely and admirable undertaking (to draw god knows how many frames of old women, I mean).  Beautifully drawn and performed.  Only problem?  Extremely rushed at the end.

Prince: "Hi I'm the Prince of X, and my curse was broken with the kiss from my true love"
Witch: "Sorry, she's got someone, go stop the war though"
Prince: "Sheeeet son.  Aiight, there will be someone else anyhow (I'ma muthafucken prince, I can get all the poon in the muthafucken land)"

I kinda added my own spin on it there though.

Princess Mononoke remains my favorite Ghibli film nonetheless.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: February 20, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

HMC was definitely my least favorite Studio Ghibli flick. Still great of course, but... pales in comparison to stuff like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso etc.

They rebounded big time with Ponyo, though, in my opinion.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »

Yeah, Princess Mononoke is my fav, too. HMC and Spirited Away I liked pretty much equally. Good, but they both lost me towards the end. I need to see Ponyo.

Last night the wife and I watched Bachelor Party at the Bungalow of the Damned. Yes, it was just as bad as it sounds. We love horror movies. We love watching "bad" B horror movies. This one just plain sucked no matter how you look at it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: February 20, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »

HMC was definitely my least favorite Studio Ghibli flick. Still great of course, but... pales in comparison to stuff like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso etc.

They rebounded big time with Ponyo, though, in my opinion.

I hated Ponyo.  If not for the fact that she was adorable, the film was The Little Mermaid with pre-schoolers.  The breast-feeding scene was just awkward and Ponyo's mom and pop confused me (he wore makeup and she was a gigantic woman?).  It's naive and cute, but did little else to stand out beyond that.  Mind you, I'm happy to see the talent's that get together for Ghibli flicks (I heard Christian Bale was eager to play as Howl after seeing Spirited Away).

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: February 20, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »

I've only seen a handful of the Ghibli movies-- Spirited Away and HMC are my favourites.

Bought some anime films while I was out today! Intend to watch them this week and I'm pretty sure I'll like (if not love) them: "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", "Kiki's Delivery Service" and the "Cowboy Bepop" movie. :D

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1837 on: February 20, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »

I've only seen a handful of the Ghibli movies-- Spirited Away and HMC are my favourites.

Bought some anime films while I was out today! Intend to watch them this week and I'm pretty sure I'll like (if not love) them: "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", "Kiki's Delivery Service" and the "Cowboy Bepop" movie. :D

I don't get the big deal with Cowboy Bebop...

I loved "The Girl who Lept Through Time".  Really sweet, and I love how she deals with "heartbreak" (definitely the most realistic I've seen haha).  A few plot holes (time related of course), and the ending leaves me wanting more (but in a good way).

Kiki's Delivery Service is a simple but sweet affair.  Sadly Phil Hartman's last role before tragedy struck him down..

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: February 20, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »

Kiki is a fun movie. I really liked that one.

I just watched The Town - Ben Affleck can't act worth a darn, but he can direct pretty damn good. This was a great movie, despite falling victim to numerous cliches. Highly recommended.

Playing:
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1839 on: February 25, 2011, 12:46:32 AM »

Just saw Drive Angry... holy shit lol.

If you love intentionally cheesy action movies then this one is for you. Right down the the guitar riffs as he delivers one liners and puts his sunglasses on.

If you can not take shit too seriously then check this out. 
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: February 25, 2011, 07:11:41 AM »

I watches some old-school Clash of the Titans last night.  I hadn't seen it in forever and it's still a good time.  Also, has anyone seen the trailer for "Paul"?  It's got Simon Pegg and Nick Frost so i'm optomistic.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 25, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »

I totally plan to watch both Drive Angry and Paul.  They look awesome.

Clash of the Titans is good too - absolutely worth watching all these years after its release.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:34:26 PM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: February 25, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »

Drive Angry looks like total garbage. Please don't encourage Nic Cage or the studio. At least wait until home video.
The ONLY reason I am interested in Paul is because of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost combo. Looks pretty weak otherwise.

Playing:
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: February 25, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

Drive Angry looks like total garbage. Please don't encourage Nic Cage or the studio. At least wait until home video.
The ONLY reason I am interested in Paul is because of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost combo. Looks pretty weak otherwise.

It's supposed to be a cheesy, terrible, action movie. This does not take itself seriously in any way.

It's a million times more acceptable than Transformers, crap like Red, etc where they try and be for real.

If you don't like ridiculous action like Escape from New York/LA or anything that Arnold or Sly have done then it's not for you.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: February 25, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

I'm too serious to enjoy movies that are supposed to be bad and cheesy. It just doesn't make sense to me, I don't get the pleasure. When I see something cheesy on TV or on dvd I squirm, close my eyes and plug my ears, or go make a cup of tea. I dunno, I just can't sit through it, it is borderline painful.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 252 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: