Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 07:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341087 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 266 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 393544 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2055 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »

watched Easy A last night. Enjoyed it a lot. Her parents were absolutely hilarious and Emma Stone is a great actress. Not only is she easy on the eyes but I really think she has some talent.

Saw frailty for the first time, blew my mind.

That is a good one.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 13, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »

I saw a picture of her as a blond next to her as a redhead the other day - couldn't even recognize her as the same girl.  (I prefer red, for the record.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2057 on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:59 PM »

I saw a picture of her as a blond next to her as a redhead the other day - couldn't even recognize her as the same girl.  (I prefer red, for the record.)

agreed, darker hair on her for sure.

I hate when the young actresses changer their look.

Lindsay Lohan is a perfect example. Even if she didn't crack out, the switch to blonde did her no favors.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2058 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:33 PM »

Watched Groundhog Day.

Loved it.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 15, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »

That's because it's awesome. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2060 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:12 PM »

Watched Groundhog Day.

Loved it.
Yeah, it's pretty ill.

Watched Hanna last night at the cheap theatres. 
Amazing soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers.  It complemented the action well.
Overall, a very enjoyable movie.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2061 on: June 22, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

Has anyone seen Green Lantern yet? I must know how it is. I expect it to be a very bad movie, but I want to know if it's a fun super hero movie. I loved Green Lantern comics in middle and high school but I'm scared of the movie...

I watched Biutiful, Winter's Bone, and True Grit (Coen Bros) recently. All excellent movies. Of the bunch I think I'd say Biutiful was my favorite. The netflix description was very wrong and I'm glad because it turned out to be fantastic. I really really like Inarritu.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 22, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »

I actually saw GL Monday night.  Me and a buddy went to the only theater in town (and it's not a big town), and we were the only people at the showing. :)  Saw it in 3D, and they did a nice job on that for the most part, but I never feel like it makes an enormous difference in my viewing experience.

I thought Green Lantern was pretty good - certainly a fun super hero movie.  And if you were a fan at some point, you'll probably enjoy it.  You'll like seeing some of the "best known" of the Corps like Kilowog and Tomar Re.  It's got issues, and you might not want to think about some things too hard, but it's fun.

(Full disclosure: I actually own and wear a GL ring that I had custom made by a local jeweler.  So I think of myself as a fan of the character.  But that's a double-edged sword for a movie.  I could easily have been pissed off by it BECAUSE I'm a fan of the character, and I wasn't.)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2063 on: June 26, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »

I actually saw GL Monday night.  Me and a buddy went to the only theater in town (and it's not a big town), and we were the only people at the showing. :)  Saw it in 3D, and they did a nice job on that for the most part, but I never feel like it makes an enormous difference in my viewing experience.

I thought Green Lantern was pretty good - certainly a fun super hero movie.  And if you were a fan at some point, you'll probably enjoy it.  You'll like seeing some of the "best known" of the Corps like Kilowog and Tomar Re.  It's got issues, and you might not want to think about some things too hard, but it's fun.

(Full disclosure: I actually own and wear a GL ring that I had custom made by a local jeweler.  So I think of myself as a fan of the character.  But that's a double-edged sword for a movie.  I could easily have been pissed off by it BECAUSE I'm a fan of the character, and I wasn't.)
I actually just got back from this an hour ago. I thought the movie was great really, though someone really needs to tell the movie industry that this 3-D shit they're advertising sucks alot. The movie was well done, no dull points, and cool CGI and fight scenes (all 3). Ryan Reynolds does a great job as always, between his snarky wit and lighthearted sarcasm, he's always enjoyable to watch. However, Sinestro get's the award for being just too awesome for a secondary role. Mark Strong stole the show honestly, his role was more demanding then they gave him room for. Yes, it's about as true to the comics as any other comic film, but it's a good movie, not a faithful recreation on film, who would really want that.

As a matter of fact, why is it every time someone watches one of these movies (comic book film, video game movie, etc), they always expect it to be the same as what they watched on TV or read in the comics or played as a younger person? If you want to watch Dragonball Z the anime the move, go watch the anime on DVD, you'll like it better. When you watch a movie, stop judging it on how exact the recreation is, that's just boring. It's why you get shit like The Last Airbender (when you really get down to it, it was season 1 in 90some-odd minutes but dopey looking). Shoot me if you like, but I enjoyed Dragonball the movie, it was an entertaining romp with characters I recognized, not a spitball at akira toriyama's creations (cough*GT*cough). The X-men movies were all great (3 pushed it a bit), the Spiderman flicks were well done (3 wasn't so much, but eh), Mortal Kombat was hillariously awesome (that song was great, you know it), and so on. Look at every one of these movies, and you see something you recognize, but different as well. Yeah some of em suck, but alot of movies suck. I mean shit, The Fast and The Furious was an awesome movie, then they fucked it up 3 more times and got the fifth one good again, shit happens...alot.

I recommend Green Lantern, it is worth the 11 bucks (don't buy the 3-D shit, not worth it). Up next, Transformers (yeah, that was respectful of its anime and cartoon origins alright, LOL).

TASTY!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »

Well, I'm pretty sure I've said it here before, but I'd rather have low standards and be entertained by a lot of movies than high standards and be disappointed by a lot of movies.

But still, Dragonball?  I don't know - I watched part of that, and let's just say I didn't like it enough to keep watching.  I'm not a huge follower of the series...es either, so I don't think it was because I'm a purist.  Of course, I've also noticed that some things are more or less enjoyable based on the setting where you see them.  A theater full of people having fun is very different from sitting in a hotel room by yourself, for example. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2065 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:45 AM »

we watched Billy Madison last night on dvd... I say that because it feels weird to see that movie on anything but a VHS.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2066 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure I've said it here before, but I'd rather have low standards and be entertained by a lot of movies than high standards and be disappointed by a lot of movies.

Agree 100%.  I've always applied this to games as well... and occasionally women =P

mend Green Lantern, it is worth the 11 bucks (don't buy the 3-D shit, not worth it). Up next, Transformers (yeah, that was respectful of its anime and cartoon origins alright, LOL).

Transformers is in 3D too.  Hopefully optional.  Also not a fan of 3D.  Not worth the extra in ticket price to me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2067 on: June 27, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »

we watched Billy Madison last night on dvd... I say that because it feels weird to see that movie on anything but a VHS.

O'DOYLE RULES.

Watched The Adjustment Bureau.  I can't say I liked it.  For one, it sucks imagination dry;
"Are you angels?"
"Myes, we've been called that" 
and this whole Chairman = God was typical and lame.  I think the movie really undermined the gravity and potential of the magic-hat idea, and they really skimmed the top of a larger concept in order to focus on a romance... anyways, ultimately the film falls flat.

Field of Dreams: good for such an odd concept.  I'm glad I finally watched it. :D

Jackass 3: I love these movies, I don't care what anyone says.  If it's not ballsy, it's stupid fun.  The plan? Watch all three movies, then hit up every roller coaster at Wonderland theme park... The theory: if you watch people do far stupider, reckless, and insane things, you will get pumped up enough to do a petty coaster!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2068 on: June 28, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »

O'DOYLE RULES.

Watched The Adjustment Bureau.  I can't say I liked it.  For one, it sucks imagination dry;
"Are you angels?"
"Myes, we've been called that" 
and this whole Chairman = God was typical and lame.  I think the movie really undermined the gravity and potential of the magic-hat idea, and they really skimmed the top of a larger concept in order to focus on a romance... anyways, ultimately the film falls flat.

Field of Dreams: good for such an odd concept.  I'm glad I finally watched it. :D

Jackass 3: I love these movies, I don't care what anyone says.  If it's not ballsy, it's stupid fun.  The plan? Watch all three movies, then hit up every roller coaster at Wonderland theme park... The theory: if you watch people do far stupider, reckless, and insane things, you will get pumped up enough to do a petty coaster!!!!

There is no way possible that you are a woman. No girl I know would willingly sit through ANY jackass movie, yet you enjoy them? AND you play video games. AND you're fairly attractive. You're a fembot, that's the only explanation.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2069 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:31 AM »

"fairly attractive"

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 266 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: