Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329335 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 254 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 360711 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2070 on: June 29, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »

What can I say? I'm the best 6.5/10 in town!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2071 on: June 29, 2011, 05:55:28 PM »

Saw "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" today and I liked it. It wasn't mind-blowingly deep but I enjoyed the film. Thought that Katherine Hepburn was fantastic.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2072 on: June 29, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »

Saw "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" today and I liked it. It wasn't mind-blowingly deep but I enjoyed the film. Thought that Katherine Hepburn was fantastic.

Maybe I've simply seen the wrong movies, but I've never found a movie that Sidney Poitier starred in to be at all deep. His movies tend to be very run of the mill. It's not bad...but I've never felt they were good. In fact, after watching a few I've wondered what it was about him that people find so amazing, especially since he won that lifetime achievement Academy Award. Even in his time I think there were far better Black actors.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2073 on: June 29, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »

Maybe I've simply seen the wrong movies, but I've never found a movie that Sidney Poitier starred in to be at all deep. His movies tend to be very run of the mill. It's not bad...but I've never felt they were good. In fact, after watching a few I've wondered what it was about him that people find so amazing, especially since he won that lifetime achievement Academy Award. Even in his time I think there were far better Black actors.

I spoke to my mother about this (it was her era) a while back. She said that people simply found him very charismatic- and I suppose that in Hollywood, charisma goes a long way. He was easy to watch at any rate, and amusing if not anything else. :)

"Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" doesn't come across as deep but it does make serious implications about inter-race relations that I can appreciate.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2074 on: June 29, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »

I spoke to my mother about this (it was her era) a while back. She said that people simply found him very charismatic- and I suppose that in Hollywood, charisma goes a long way. He was easy to watch at any rate, and amusing if not anything else. :)

"Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" doesn't come across as deep but it does make serious implications about inter-race relations that I can appreciate.

I actually haven't seen that movie, maybe I'll give that a chance. I've seen a few others, with the "big" one being "To Sir, With Love" which honestly kind of disgusted me in many ways. My mom said the same thing though about him after I told her of my distaste for his movies.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2075 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

"fairly attractive"

Sorry, but she's no George Clooney...

TASTY!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2076 on: June 30, 2011, 05:57:28 PM »

Transformers 3. Best in the franchise. I was on a complete media black out (I didn't even know Patrick Dempsey was in it, let alone in such a major role) and was pleasently surprised. It drags a bit in the middle and there are some poor attempts at humour but the 3D really shines in some of the action scenes. The formula is the same as in the previous two but it's a better movie overall.
The nostalgia hits me hard when I watch these films, I was a transformers nut when I was a kid, I cried when Optimus died in the cartoon show lol, fortunately he does some major ass kicking here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2077 on: July 01, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »

"fairly attractive"

Sorry, but she's no George Clooney...

Hahaha this made me laugh, thanks? xD

Transformers 3
Why they keep the personal-crises of Shia LaBouef to take such a big chunk of the film is beyond me (the film release could easily see the parents cut from the film; they're just embarassing).  But anyways, great title, and great action (can't go wrong with robots pounding each other stupid, mind you).  Abrupt ending, but Optimus owns his final two victims in style.  Nemoy was a real treat, quite a busy retirement he's having haha!  Anyone catch the minor and quick Star Trek reference?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2078 on: July 01, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »

The Secret of Kells - What a wonderful movie this was. I liked the visual style, especially with the emphasis on the natural world. It really helps breed a sense of wonder and reverence. The sequences in the forest were especially well done. I also quite liked the music that accompanied the movie, but I've been a fan of Celtic music for years. The story itself was very basic, if a bit cliche. The Uncle was especially frustrating in that we've all seen it before, and know how it will end. The forest girl, Aisling, was the most fascinating, of course.
I like how much importance they put on completing the book, but it felt a bit religious to me.
I found the main character Brendan a tad obnoxious in his constant disobeying of his uncle that he supposedly respects. I suppose we wouldn't have a story if he had been a good boy and listened, so it's hard to complain too much.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2079 on: July 02, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

Let Me In - This was a pretty darn good remake of the Swedish original, Let the Right One In. I liked that one, too, but this felt a bit more fleshed out. We got more blood and gore, sure, but we also got more of the bullying stuff, which drives me up the wall. To think that this type of behavior was ever allowed anywhere is just so wrong.

*spoiler*
I was happy as hell when those bastards got what they deserved in the end.
*end spoiler*
The acting was great all around, but especially from Chloe Moretz as Abby.
This is far from a traditional vampire flik, but I like it that much more for it's differences.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2080 on: July 02, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »

I saw the original but haven't seen the remake.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2081 on: July 02, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »

Just saw the last half of "Good Will Hunting", which I enjoyed, and now my sis is putting on the Silent Hill movie for our annual screening of it! :D

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2082 on: July 02, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »

Watched The Aviator last night.

I really like this movie a lot but it has it's flaws. Visually it's stunning, I like the way it looks like a colorized b/w photograph.

The last half of the movie seems to drag, and there's no real trigger given for him going nuts.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 02, 2011, 11:34:49 PM »

Watched The Butterfly Effect 2.  Here's what I took away from it:
- Blake Lively has a brother who also acts.
- There's a reason he's not famous.
- There's a reason this movie went straight to DVD.
- Man, that first movie was pretty good!  Ashton Kutcher may be the star, but even a blind pig finds a truffle some days.

Watching Sucker Punch right now.  Having seen 300 and Watchmen, I pretty much expected it to be just what it is.  Forgot that the main character was the girl from Lemony Snicket. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2084 on: July 03, 2011, 12:51:50 AM »

Watched X-men First Class the other day, was meh. Not really a fan of the Xmen movies in general, the focus is always on one or two specific mutants and they forget everything else (wolverine and Jean for 3 movies, then him and sabretooth, it's Xmen, not Wolverine and the X-men). Then we get this movie which has nothing to do with the rest of the movies THANK GOD, instead it uses a whole bunch of no name actors and a couple good actors....and KEVIN FUCKING BACON! I didn't like the movie much, but Kevin Bacon needs more roles, man. Hollow man, footloose, that one movie with Charlize Theron and Courtney Love where he's a psycho (kind of a trend I know). When he's in the zone, he rocks. Don't get me wrong, James Mcavoy and the guy playing Magneto were pretty convincing, and Zoe Kravitz was pretty....well pretty. Rose Byrne is hot, but she was boring in the movie, and the chick playing mystique was meh too. I'll stick to the cartoons, thanks much.

KEVIN FUCKING BACON!!!!!!!!!!!

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 254 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: