Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319001 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 244 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 333968 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2205 on: December 01, 2011, 07:51:34 AM »

Me and some of the boys from work are having a screening of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation this Saturday with some drinks so that should be fun.  Now that we're into December, it's time for all the x-mas movies:D  I caught Scrooged last night to kick things off. Fantastic movie:) 

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 01, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »

I learned the other day that Rusty in Christmas Vacation was played by the main dude in Big Bang Theory.  Thought that was interesting.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2207 on: December 04, 2011, 10:44:02 PM »

Saw "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" last night. Loved and enjoyed it immensely.

Christmas party today... "Scrooged", "Home Alone" and "The Polar Express." :D

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2208 on: December 05, 2011, 12:27:10 AM »

Saw the new Twilight movie. God what a laff riot.

There's a scene where the wolves are all growling at each other and talking telepathically that has to be the funniest god damn thing I've ever seen.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2209 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »

^I'm sorry you had to see that:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2210 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »

Saw the new Twilight movie. God what a laff riot.

There's a scene where the wolves are all growling at each other and talking telepathically that has to be the funniest god damn thing I've ever seen.
Why? Your girlfriend wanted to? I would re-think your relationship if I were you. ; - )

Latest viewings:
Sanctum - The best thing about this movie was the scenery. When the helicopter in the beginning is flying over and through the forested lands, it's beautiful. Inside the cave, there is also non-stop scenery to enjoy. The cave itself, as well as all the underwater scenes. This movie is ALMOST worth seeing just for these things. Almost. The story itself is "inspired" by true events. I wonder what that really means, because the way things go are truly ridiculous. The relationship between father and son. The fact that these idiots are in a giant hole in the earth with a rainstorm coming, and take their time getting the eff out. Then there's the absolutely ridiculous ending scenario. It felt like this movie couldn't make up it's mind what genre it wanted to be in.
All that being said...I did find following the exploits of these people as they pushed forth rather thrilling. There are a few sequences that will have you holding your breath. One in particular has scarred an image in my head that I simply don't want there.

1408 - I'd been wanting to see this for awhile, so I had a bit of anticipation built up. This may have been to the detriment of the my experience, as I didn't think it was as great or scary as a lot of people say. It was certainly fun to watch. John Cusack did a great job pretty much carrying the whole movie on his shoulders. All the crazy happenings in the room were well done, if a bit predictable. Plus, the final scene was a big fail, as it only works for his ex-wife(?), not the audience. That was a bit of a bummer.
It's Definitely better than most horror movies nowadays, but it just wasn't the crazy scary movie I was hoping for.

The Tree of Life - What a peculiar movie. Hard to review because of it. The story, or what there was of it, at the core of the movie, is quite enthralling. The three brothers growing up and doing things that boys do(read: trouble) is something I can relate to. The parental dynamic was also well done. I was truly interested in their lives and what would become of them. Good thing this is most of the movie. There are also the Sean Penn (grownup Jack) scenes which just baffled the hell out of me and left me confused. I understand they were supposed to be him having some sort of existential epiphany, but I really wasn't feeling it. Then...THEN! We have a freakin' 20 minute montage of amazing space and nature images. It's truly beautiful, but has no place here whatsoever. I know they were supposed to represent LIFE, and how the earth, and nature, and space, just keep on going, no matter what befalls us, but it screamed pretension to me, and needed to be axed.
So...see the movie for the story at the core of it. Shake your head and sigh when Sean Penn or waterfalls are on screen.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:32:01 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2211 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »

John Cusack is bloody awful and I can't stand that asshole.

RE: Twilight

I love seeing bad movies.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2212 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »

John Cusack is bloody awful and I can't stand that asshole.

RE: Twilight

I love seeing bad movies.

John has the same birthday as me... =(
I prefer to associate myself with the big-pimp himsef, King Henry VIII. =D

I love bad movies too.  Hell, I still put cartoons on -- who doesn't like all the pretty colours? :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2213 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

But seriously. Do whatever you need to do to see this movie and the scene where all the wolves are growling at each other. +1 and I almost sharted we were laughing so hard.

Also, the theater only had about 20 people in it and there were several scenes where most of us busted out laughing. Especially where she names the baby.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2214 on: December 05, 2011, 02:31:24 PM »

I like bad movies, too, but no way would I see this in the theater. I get to go all too rarely to blow it on a crappy movie. I'll see it when it comes out for rent or TV.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2215 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:43 PM »

but...his sister is awesome.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2216 on: December 05, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »

So there were two decent look previews before twilight.

Teh Darkest Hour: It's about invisible aliens that rip people apart. Got the kid from Into the Wild.

Snow White and the *untsman. Looks cool. Effects, etc. Bad thing is it has "Bella" in it. She has no place being in armor or holding swords. Too weak looking.

So those look interesting, but will they be? Only time will tell. Time won't tell though, he's a bastard like that.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2217 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

So there were two decent look previews before twilight.

Teh Darkest Hour: It's about invisible aliens that rip people apart. Got the kid from Into the Wild.

Snow White and the *untsman. Looks cool. Effects, etc. Bad thing is it has "Bella" in it. She has no place being in armor or holding swords. Too weak looking.

So those look interesting, but will they be? Only time will tell. Time won't tell though, he's a bastard like that.

Kristin Stewart can't act.  'Nuff said.  Sad another Snow White movie is coming *after* that one, but I have more faith in that one.  Whoo whoo, Tarsem

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2218 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »

Yeah she's pretty bad.

I want to see this Hugo movie because Scorsese makes the best films
he makes the best films HE MAKES THE BEST FILMS

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2219 on: December 07, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »

Saw "It's a Wonderful Life" and loved it! I didn't know it was going to make me cry, though. ;_;

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 244 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: