Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:06:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338410 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 386520 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2220 on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »

I wouldn't watch Twilight movies on a bet. That's just me though.  I appreciate bad movies that make me laugh but that stuff just irritates me.  On topic though, I watched Our Idiot Brother.  Thought it was pretty good.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2221 on: December 07, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »

Yeah she's pretty bad.

I want to see this Hugo movie because Scorsese makes the best films
he makes the best films HE MAKES THE BEST FILMS
That's not true about kristen stewart. She just got stuck being the dumbest bimbo in a movie ever. Check out the one where she plays joan jett, The Runaways, she actually does a good job in it. Also, adventureland was pretty good too, she plays a bored 90's teen, which fits her well. The new snow white movies look pretty good, but the one she's in looks awesome. I hate her in twilight, but it's only cuz the movie sucks in general. Rob pattinson too, he's a great actor, but twilight sucks. Hell everyone in that movie has done something else for the most part that was good, but they all got stuck in this dopey shit movie about a girl who is retarded, and super vampires who don't abide by any logic of vampires in any story book, or werewolves for that matter.

Oh also, recently saw the medallion. Oh god, jackie chan movies were so terribad. I only sat through it for the outtakes, which are always worth it.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2222 on: December 07, 2011, 11:40:44 PM »

I forgot about adventureland and runaways and I liked both. You're right about her being a good "bored" actress
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 12, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »

Long story, but I ended up watching The Adventures of Ford Fairlane.  It was a vehicle for Andrew Dice Clay in 1990, back when he was hot.  Ish.  It wasn't great, but it did manage to escape being the worst thing I've ever seen.

I never noticed before how much he and Jon Stewart looked alike.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2224 on: December 16, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Watched Titan AE. It's one I've heard about a lot, but never got around to seeing.

Great concept, amazing animation, but the execution was pretty meh to me. Lots of plot holes and people acting really stupid constantly for the movie to get where it needs to. The
Code:
ice ring
scene was one of the coolest things I've ever seen though.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2225 on: December 17, 2011, 02:14:44 AM »

just watched I Love You Phillip Morris.

Awesome movie
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2226 on: December 17, 2011, 03:13:29 AM »

Watched Sherlock Holmes 2.... I loved every minute of it. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2227 on: December 17, 2011, 03:35:53 AM »

?
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2228 on: December 18, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »

I just can't get myself to have any interest in these movies. The whole Sherlock Holmes as an action/adventure hero really turns me off. Plus, I can't stand RDjr doing an English accent. I'd rather have a true Englishman doing it. I really need to watch the new Holmes tv show.

Captain America - A perfectly well made movie that hits all the right notes, but somehow left wanting something a bit more. It very well could have been the setting, as I'm not a big fan of the 1940's, despite the alternate reality scenario. I DO think they made Rogers a bit TOO puny in the beginning. He might as well have been a kid. I know it was to emphasize the drastic changes to come, but he didn't appear "normal". Once he became Captain America, Chris Evans played a fine hero, and I look forward to seeing him in The Avengers. Hugo Weaving, on the other hand, is just a distraction. I think he's a great actor, but every time I see him, no matter the movie, I just think of Agent Smith. Yes, even here, with the German accent, I still couldn't get Smith out of my head. I thought the group he led, Hydra, was pretty cool, though, with the awesome tech. Too bad the movie neuters them for the sake of the plot. The female lead was just fine as the token love interest. Beautiful woman with a sexy accent. NICE.
Overall, it was decent entertainment. There were a few too many plot contrivances, and the ending was pretty anti-climactic, but it was certainly worth watching.

Arthur Christmas - I decided to take Benjamin to see this after all the positive reviews I read. It was a fun and inventive take on the whole Santa Claus thing. Kind of a "How would Santa do it all, but with modern technology" twist, but with the same story at the core. The animation was fantastic, with all sorts of things happening on the screen, including the background. I look forward to seeing it again at home someday to catch some of the more subtle references. Because of all this, it's the perfect movie to entertain both kids and adults.
It ends pretty much as you would expect it to, but with a surprising tenderness. Truly a great movie. It's sad that more people will probably see the godawful new Chipmunk movie than this film. Perhaps someday, people will break out of that whole "sheep" thing. Yeah, probably not.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:07:57 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2229 on: December 18, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

I saw "Star Trek" ('09) today and I really enjoyed it! I'm not a huge ST fan but the movie made me ridiculously happy. Thought that everyone was really well cast, too.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2230 on: December 18, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »

I love the dude playing McCoy. He was spot fucking on
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 18, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

Agreed.  Karl Urban apparently doesn't do comedic roles, but he hit it so well that I have no idea if I've seen him in anything else.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2232 on: December 18, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

Considering the other roles he's had, that shows some pretty good range.

That speech they make Checkov do in the beginning of the movie that's sort of a sitrep of whats going on is brutal. His accent was too much.

Uhura is smoking hot.

Kirk and Spock were ok.

Waiting 50 min to see Simon Pegg is too long.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2233 on: December 18, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »

I cant friggin' wait for the next Trek movie.  The reboot surprised the hell out of me it was so good.  Anyway, just finished Kung Fu Panda 2 a while ago. It was quite good but I think I liked the first one better. Gary Oldman was really good too.  I also watched Rocky III this afternoon.  Mr. T is soooo angry in that one. Always makes me smile.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2234 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:43 AM »

Kirk and Spock were ok.

Waiting 50 min to see Simon Pegg is too long.

I was positively delighted by Spock and Scotty! And yeah, Karl Urban was great (the look on his face sometimes, priceless). Now is it me or did Kirk...

Code:
... get beat up a lot in the movie? he seemed to be taking punches all around!

At any rate, I'm also excited for the next film.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: