Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319198 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 245 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 334761 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: December 19, 2011, 02:24:23 AM »

Watched Sherlock Holmes 2.... I loved every minute of it. x)

I just can't get myself to have any interest in these movies. The whole Sherlock Holmes as an action/adventure hero really turns me off. Plus, I can't stand RDjr doing an English accent. I'd rather have a true Englishman doing it. I really need to watch the new Holmes tv show.

For what it was worth, I love the wit.  RDJ does a great Sherlock and the action isn't that big a component of the overall scheme of things.  I think they hit a better mark with the second film anyway, one of the rare cases where the second flick impressed me more than the first.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2236 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:55 AM »

Re: Star Trek 2009 - It was the best damn Star Wars movie I had ever seen. I'd say I'm a Trekkie (sort of, the word seems to have been twisted so that it only applies to the obsessed), and in order to describe how I felt about ST2009, it would be like if you bought a Final Fantasy game and ended up getting an Elder Scrolls game. Nice and all, but it's not really what I was looking for.

Also just taking the film on it's own, I felt it was a pretty standard sci-fi action/adventure fare, though I understand why it had to be that way given the kind of crap the franchise went through in its later years before that film. It's better than all 4 TNG movies, that's for sure.

Now is it me or did Kirk...

Code:
... get beat up a lot in the movie? he seemed to be taking punches all around!

At any rate, I'm also excited for the next film.

Probably pathos for all the ass-beatings he would end up handing out in the future. Erm, alternate future.

Also, obligatory link to awesome lizard-man fight.

Anyway, just finished Kung Fu Panda 2 a while ago. It was quite good but I think I liked the first one better. Gary Oldman was really good too.

You just gotta love the amount of passion the man puts into his work.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »

Say, you folks might be a little interested in this trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOM13UyZ0A&feature=youtu.be

What is it for?  Oh, just a little something called The Hobbit.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:16 AM »

Interesting that they would choose to release it in the Winter. Maybe Avatar has something to do with that.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: December 21, 2011, 07:51:53 AM »

Say, you folks might be a little interested in this trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOM13UyZ0A&feature=youtu.be

What is it for?  Oh, just a little something called The Hobbit.

I'm going to love this, but I sort of think the dwarves look a bit goofy. Too much like the 7 dwarves from snow white.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2240 on: December 21, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »

I think they look pretty much how Gimli looked in the LOTR movies. Only thing that would make me think of Snow White is how they have those cutesy names.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2241 on: December 21, 2011, 08:29:56 AM »

They're a little more cartoony, but I guess it fits their adventure

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1181874p1.html

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2242 on: December 21, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »

I watched Twilight Eclipse again with my girlfriend because her friends want to see the new one and she never watched the last movie. We watched it with Rifftrax though so that I could actually stomach it. Rifftrax was made for the Twilight movies and I cannot seriously recommend watching them all with Rifftrax enough.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »

Rifftrax is damn awesome but I don't have a good sound system to use over the TV.

Is there another alternative?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2244 on: December 21, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »

Oh my sweet fuck....  I watched the movie Drive (logo is hot pink, heh :/ ), and I think my jaw hit the floor on five separate occasions.  Simple, but great story, wonderful, but non-complicated, cinematography, and the very 80's, but non-80's era, soundtrack was really cool.  This movie is awesome, but a tough baby to recommend.  But I do really recommend it for something different, and surprisingly and disturbingly brutal.  It's a slow build, but big finish.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2245 on: December 22, 2011, 09:21:52 AM »

Oh my sweet fuck....  I watched the movie Drive (logo is hot pink, heh :/ ), and I think my jaw hit the floor on five separate occasions.  Simple, but great story, wonderful, but non-complicated, cinematography, and the very 80's, but non-80's era, soundtrack was really cool.  This movie is awesome, but a tough baby to recommend.  But I do really recommend it for something different, and surprisingly and disturbingly brutal.  It's a slow build, but big finish.

I love this film. The more I think about it, the more I want to see it again!

Probably pathos for all the ass-beatings he would end up handing out in the future. Erm, alternate future.

Also, obligatory link to awesome lizard-man fight.

That was almost painful to watch. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2246 on: December 24, 2011, 02:07:57 PM »

Your Highness - I'm not sure this is really even worth a review, but I can't help it. I don't know if they were trying to do a rated R Princess Bride or something, but it failed miserably. All the language and crudeness just feels so out of place and shoe-horned in. It's like they filmed it to be a "nicer" movie, then went back and added in the rated R stuff. The plot is a typical save the princess type thing, with Zooey Deschanel playing the princess to be saved. Now, I would happily go save Zooey from pretty much anything, but being in this movie would be the first thing.
I think the core of the badness of this movie is Danny McBride. He is one strange fellow. Rather odd looking, although I get the impression he thinks he's terribly handsome. He seems to revel in all the low brow humor as if he wrote it. Oh wait. He did. I can appreciate crude humor, but the stuff here just isn't funny. It doesn't help that James Franco is totally phoning it in.
One bright spot is Natalie Portman looking awesomely hot as some medieval archer woman. Too bad the rest of the movie carries her down with it.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 25, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »

Watched Eragon the other day. Good thing I had read the book, or I wouldn't have been able to follow very easily.  They skipped forward through things mighty quickly.

Tonight, I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth - the 1950s version.  It's pretty decent, but dang, that main guy is a huge jerk.  Can't understand why the lady fell for him in the end.  It had a bonus feature showing the various transfers they've made of it over the years.  Pretty amazing to see how the quality has improved as it's progressed through various media.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2248 on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)....

Two sorta words:  Rooney > Noomi

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2249 on: December 31, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »

Scanned the posts, didn't see much chatter about Hugo. I just saw this tonight and sweet lordy, is it good.

So good that I got off my butt and wrote a blog entry about how we learn through pop culture. References, allusion, homage, whatever you want to call it.

http://gameosaurus.com/roahr/2011/12/on-learning-from-secondary-sources/

Anyway, I loved this film and it's like the only time I felt comfortable with 3D usage. Even Coraline, a favorite film of mine, I enjoy more in 2D.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 245 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: