Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 12:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329985 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 363672 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2295 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »

Irreversible - Man, this was a tough movie to watch. I just rented it because I read it was like Memento, and Memento is one of my favorite movies. It plays backwards. It even starts with the credits. You go from the final scene to the beginning scene, slowly finding out the hows and whys of the final scenes. I like the technique, and it's pretty well done here, but some of these scenes are BRUTAL. I have to warn anyone who would see this that there is a rape/beating scene that will haunt you. To top it off, it goes on way longer than is necessary to get the point across. It's like the director was trying to imprint it on my head. He was successful, as it really bothered me. It bothers me because I know that somewhere out in the world a scene very much like this has taken place, and I simply can't fathom it. As naive as it sounds, I just can't believe that any human being could treat another human being like this. It's just so sad.
One thing positive this movie did for was remind me how freakin' gorgeous Monica Belluci is. If you don't know who she is, you need to fix that asap. She is absolutely radiant in this. I never even use that word, but for her I make an exception. To top it off, she's a darn good actress as well.
In the end, I thought it actually was a pretty good movie, but it left me both frustrated and saddened.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2296 on: January 25, 2012, 12:54:03 AM »

watched Winter's Bone(r) staring the chick playing Katniss in the upcoming The Hunger Games fillum.

It's about these hillbillies and their crimes. She basically plays a hill person version of Katniss in this, living a hard scrabbled life in 'Mericas interior.

Not a bad movie. Depressing as long and some parts drag.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2297 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »

Watched the last hour of "Underworld Awakening" last night. I was incredibly pissed that I missed the first 30 minutes, because I enjoyed the hour I saw. Kate Beckinsale never looked better in her leather beatdown suit, and her daughter was pretty enjoyable as the munchkin headshredder she was. The plot twist was kind of expected, but still came out of nowhere. Also, the ending was a little bleh, kinda just happened like "oh hey, she killed the guy so we're done til underworld 5" which is definitely likely. Almost as terrible as how Fast Five ended, which coincidentally was also an awesome movie. I definitely recommend it to anyone who was dissappointed by the third movie, which was a terrible shitfest.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2298 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

I'm still the only one who's seen The Artist?

Way to go, you dunderheads

go see it
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2299 on: January 26, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

I'm still the only one who's seen The Artist?

Way to go, you dunderheads

go see it
I'd love to go see it, but getting to see a movie in the theater only happens about 5 times a year. If it's not something the kid can see, like The Artist, we then have to coordinate babysitting and all that. Big pain in the ass. While I am interested solely due to the great reviews, it doesn't look like something I'd want to sacrifice one of my precious movie nights for. Plus, I'd have to convince Nan, and she's not really into arty films. She just told me that she wants to see that new generic looking Daniel Radcliffe movie. Looks like something I've seen 100 times before.

Playing:
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2300 on: January 26, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »

Watched Les Choristes.  Beautiful music, as you may have guessed.  I'm glad I finally watched it.  Definitely a better tale than Dead Poet's Society.

Watched 50/50 as well.  Great flick and knows how and when to borderline funny and hurting.  Great performances from everyone.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2301 on: January 27, 2012, 05:50:40 AM »

Ya know, Dice, you might have just uttered the sentence that would make me want to see that movie. Because I fucking LOVE Dead Poets' Society.

And 50/50 was a GREAT movie. Easily cemented Joseph Gordon-Levitt as my favorite actor of the last decade (Hesher helped in that regard).
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2302 on: January 27, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »

I watched 'The Crow' for the 1000th time the other night along with 'A Clockwork Orange'. Still love them both.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2303 on: January 27, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »

I said what I said about Dead Poets having given it a "passing grade", but it's not one of my favorites (sorry).

The Crow is ballin'... I should dig the movie up and give her a watch again.

AMC today has player BOTH Fight Club and Man in the Iron Mask.
I love Fight Club, but hard to just sit down with it, it's pretty dark and dank. Missed this though.  The subtle hints given throughout the movie and clever presentation still put a smile on me even after who knows how many views.
Man in the Iron Mask... I think it's the absolutely awesome story line that has me come back, but otherwise it's really cheesy. x)  I love how half the cast seems to pick what accent they have on between Amurican, English, and French haha
I'm kinda blue that the Musketeers series has pretty much always been dealt a low ball.  We need Christopher Nolan. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2304 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »

You should check out the 1977 version of Man in the Iron Mask, Dice. It's pretty good!

Saw "The Descendants" today and thought it was alright. Not stellar or anything (don't see why George Clooney got nominated for it tbh) but it was easy to watch. And some of the characters were quite likeable.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2305 on: January 28, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »

The Crow and Fight Club are two movies that I will probably never have to see again.
I've seen them so many times that I know them almost scene for scene. Also: Superbad, The Big Lebowski, probably some others.

Watched Buffalo '66 last night. I'd seen it a couple times before, but I still enjoyed it.
Probably the darkest dark comedy I've ever seen. I definitely recommend it, it's a unique film.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2306 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »

Another Earth.  Really good movie.  It's one of those films where you can take what you want from it and draw your own conclusions. It's not for everyone but I think most here at the site would dig it.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2307 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »

Bad Teacher - This movie was mildly amusing, but nowhere near as humorous as I had hoped it would be. Cameron Diaz is actually looking a bit old to be playing the type of character she plays here. You can see it in and around her eyes. The story is hard to grasp, because any other teacher in this situation would have been fired and never allowed back. The whole movie kind of felt like a SNL skit extended to 90 minutes. This is not a good thing. Plus, I don't get why Jason Segels Character would at all be interested in Elizabeth outside of the script dictating it to be so. he knows who she is and what she's like. Most sensible guys would pass on that. The whole thing just didn't make any sense.

Playing:
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2308 on: January 31, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »

Saw "The Shawshank Redemption" (wonderful as always) and "The Help" yesterday. The latter was good. I liked it and I liked that a lot of it is the way I visualized the book to be; but the book is still infinitely better. They cut out some of my favourite scenes.

Watched "The Elephant Man" today and thought it was really sad. I cwied. :(

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2309 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »

I! AM! NOT! AN! ANIMAL!!!

We had to watch The Elephant Man in grade school. Initially I giggled at his speech and then at the end I was sad.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: