Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:04:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330065 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 364053 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

The Big Lebowski - Finally saw this movie after hearing about it's greatness for the past 10 or so years. Now i can understand the quotes people toss out.
It didn't let me down, either. It really was a fun movie. Jeff Bridges as The Dude was just so perfect. I wonder about The Dude moniker, though. You can't just give yourself a nickname. Someone else has to do that. Of course, this just adds to the insanity of it all.
John Goodman was also very good, but his character was just a tad over the top. Kinda made you wonder why they were friends sometimes.
Julianne Moore is great in everything and her character here was so bizarre that it fit her well. The accent. The nakedness. All good.
This was so weird, and quirky, and fun to watch. Total Coen brothers movie. I immediately wanted to watch it again when it ended. The mark of  a great movie.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:53:53 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2326 on: February 18, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »

That movie gets better with every viewing. There's no law of diminishing returns here
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2327 on: February 18, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »

Batman - Gotham Knight, Subzero & The Mystery of the Batwoman

Anticipating Justice League Doom soon

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2328 on: February 18, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »

So when did you watch Mask of the Phantasm?

Robocop is awesome. I hear that a remake is in the works which means there's a 75% chance that they'll destroy another classic:/.  I watched Priest last night. Pretty much middle of the road but they could certainly expand the universe if they so chose.

As long as people are being reduced to hamburger, cheesy special effects are being used, one liners are being spouted, and camera work doesn't consist of that retarded shaky crap that never lets you see anything that's happening, then you have nothing to worry about. Bonus points if they can somehow work in 80's hair, Detroit currently being a desolate wasteland, and the Internet in a non retarded manner.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »

Just finished watching "Your Highness", and I enjoyed it. Never did like danny mcbride all that much, but he's funny with his proper medievel accent smothered in filthy american humor. James Franco is what he is in everything, good by any standards, better than most, but he never strikes me as amazing. Natalie Portman, I still don't know how she got attached to this movie, it's way below her standard work, though she was entertaining throughout. Overall, wish I had seen it in theaters way back yonder, but movie theaters suck. Funny, especially if you like dirty humor.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: February 19, 2012, 11:34:04 AM »

Just finished watching "Your Highness", and I enjoyed it. Never did like danny mcbride all that much, but he's funny with his proper medievel accent smothered in filthy american humor. James Franco is what he is in everything, good by any standards, better than most, but he never strikes me as amazing. Natalie Portman, I still don't know how she got attached to this movie, it's way below her standard work, though she was entertaining throughout. Overall, wish I had seen it in theaters way back yonder, but movie theaters suck. Funny, especially if you like dirty humor.
Wow, you actually liked that? I thought it was pretty darn horrible. It's like they thought they were being funny just by doing and saying raunchy things in a medieval environment. It was a desperately bad attempt at humor that fell totally flat. IMHO, of course.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2331 on: February 19, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »

I recently saw "Another State of Mind" with some friends.  Basically, it's a documentary of the 1983 Youth Bridage/Social Distortion tour.  Seminal punk/touring road dog documentary.  Gotta love young Mike Ness. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: February 19, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »

Wow, you actually liked that? I thought it was pretty darn horrible. It's like they thought they were being funny just by doing and saying raunchy things in a medieval environment. It was a desperately bad attempt at humor that fell totally flat. IMHO, of course.

I agree. I did not like that movie at all.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2333 on: February 19, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »

Just sat through a Lord of the Rings movie marathon (extended editions).

That was really fun but I'm exhausted now. D:

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2334 on: February 19, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

I asked my boyfriend to watch The Notebook with me on Valentines Day (we got around to it a week later).... probably the girliest thing I've ever asked him, and he did... and he liked it too (for the most part)!  :D

Nick Cassavitas is a badass in Face/Off, and directed a helluva romance.  Then played an asshole in Hangover 2.  I love him?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2335 on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:26 AM »

Actually, I've never watched it.....

:/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2336 on: February 20, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »

Actually, I've never watched it.....

:/
You should, it's pretty awesome. Hell all the animated batman movies are pretty good, Kevin Conroy is awesome as Batman.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2337 on: February 20, 2012, 05:17:09 AM »

Just sat through a Lord of the Rings movie marathon (extended editions).

That was really fun but I'm exhausted now. D:

I've always wanted to do this.

You rule
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2338 on: February 20, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »

I've always wanted to do this.

You rule

Yes, yes I do. :P

We started at 10am and finished by midnight. My Sunday disappeared into Middle Earth!

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2339 on: February 20, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »

I couldn't do it....  an LotR marathon.  Great movies, but man your butt must have felt numb afterwards. x)
I did it with my bro and his buds, but in increments since we're all the busy sort.... =/
I felt a new fondness in a second go of Two Towers, but I appreciated Return of the King less.... that fucker is simply waaay too long (but never long enough for those who read the books).

Stupidest extented scene: when Gimli makes fun of some elves in Fellowship, and speaks their language or some shit.
Gim: "Iht bah nuit salasa"
Elves: *GASP*
I'm a nerd and that way nerdy. xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: