Oh Stanley... yeah, he is messed up, but definitely a unique visionary.
Anyways. I saw The Dark Knight Rises, finally.
- Joker was definitely the better villain, but I thought overall, DKR was stronger as a whole
- Anne Hathaway certainly has come a long way since Disney's Princess Diaries, and how!
- I'm glad they snuck in some Scarecrow time
- After reading it here, yeah, I notived every time they said [u]THE[/u] Batman.
- [b]Main Beef:[/b] having just come from there and rewatching [the] Batman Begins, they put like NO effort into hiding that Gotham City was simply New York City. I'm sure half the flick took place in Wallstreet, you can see The Freemdom Tower in half of the aerial city shots.
- ^ but kudos to Nolan avoid CGI shots whenever possible.
- I like all this internet hooplah about some apparent jabs taken at the whole "occupy wallstreet" thing or whatever.
- The Bat is just plain unfair.
- Oooh, Pavane for a Dead Princess. Glad it was used, that's one of my choices for "classical songs I like that no one knows about"
- Fucking rich people; a ball with rose petals [i]always[/i] falling?? D: I bet they disintegrate when they hit the ground, or if they fall into a drink, they turn into ice. Why? Because rich people.
- I *loved* how Blake was used (friend tells me he's a combo pack of all 3 Robins); but I'm glad they were subtle with it, something about Robin sort of throws off the more dark vision of Gotham city to me.
- Bane was awesome, 'cept he went out with a bit more of a [i]whimper[/i] despite the literal [b]bang[/b] that ended him.
- I have a thing for guys who like sports -- current boyfriend is into sports. He pointed out that the (IIRC) Footballer who ran across the screen when everything turned to shit was a legit player and maybe the only pro-player [he was able to see].
- Perfect end to the series too. Hope Alfred joined the fun, and Selena certainly took that to an 11 by actually being there. I'm glad it is over more than sad, I'd love to see what else Nolan can cook up.