Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338342 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 386279 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2730 on: December 01, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

Adventures of Tintin -
Unless you're a graphics whore, this isn't for anyone above 8 years old. With Spielberg directing I was expecting so much more out of this. Instead I got a silly cartoon of a movie that was full of neanderthal humor, and a 100% predicable from the beginning storyline.
It's obvious the producers threw a ridiculous amount of money at the look of the film. As impressive as the CG was, I didn't really even like it. It was TOO realistic. I wondered the whole time why they didn't just do this live action? Or better yet, make it a Saturday morning cartoon. Because that's sure as hell what it felt like. Very surprising.
I'm not saying it's a bad film. It's really hard to criticize the individual elements. But when I see Amblin, and I see Wingnut,, together, working on a film, I expect something special.
All show and no go.
p.s. What the hell kind of name is Tintin, anyway? So weird. And how old was he supposed to be? He looks like a kid, but acts like a twenty something. Odd.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »

Adventures of Tintin was a long time Belgian comic book series AND was a Saturday morning cartoon back in the 1980s I believe.  I enjoyed the piss out of Tintin as a kid.  (I spent part of my growing-up years in The Netherlands so I was exposed more to comics like Tintin and Asterix the Gaul as opposed to the American contempo stuff.) 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2732 on: December 02, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »

I watched Ip Man 2 last night. It starts off pretty rough and it's pretty hilarious that the only role of his wife is to both be ultra beautiful and always fretting over things. Good martial arts action and Donnie Yen rules. The plot of the movie is colonial Brits vs classic martial arts. This big oafish boxer takes on a master of kung fu and kicks his ass. Now I find that hard to believe but it happens and Ip takes revenge.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2733 on: December 04, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »

Rise of the Guardians: I'd have taken this over Wreck-it-Ralph any day.  Lots of fun, great play on ideas, visually stunning.  It can still hit cheese-territory (but the concept nearly asks for it), but the action and execution was great.  Major kudos to Dream Works on this one: this and How to Train your Dragon prove they know how to do a 3D-CG movie these days, and have the potential to hit with that emotional punch that people think only Pixar is capable of.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2734 on: December 04, 2012, 11:38:14 PM »

the latest BATSY:
So I got the bluray and popped it in. And immediately I'm annoyed because this asshole Bane's voice is mixed to be 1000x louder than everything else. Why the fuck do they do shit like this? I have to turn the volume WAY down because he's too fucking loud.

Get fucked
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2735 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:18 AM »

the latest BATSY:
So I got the bluray and popped it in. And immediately I'm annoyed because this asshole Bane's voice is mixed to be 1000x louder than everything else. Why the fuck do they do shit like this? I have to turn the volume WAY down because he's too fucking loud.

Get fucked

I noticed that in theaters too.  I thought it was to compensate for the ...somewhat hard-to-understand accent[?] thing.  But it just makes it stand out in a bad way...  Kinda like in old movies where they'd dub over the musical number but the quality is clearly different.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2736 on: December 05, 2012, 01:56:24 AM »

That Batbike leaves Catwoman in a great position
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2737 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:55 AM »

The bane audio thing drove me nuts in theaters. He was always louder and his sense of presence never felt correct, like he was narrating instead of talking to other characters in the movie. Can't win em all I guess.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2738 on: December 05, 2012, 02:36:07 AM »

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. However I guess I got used to it because I ended up loving this movie. Despite the whole French Revolution thing going on it didn't feel as preachy as the 2nd movie. As much as I loved The Joker, the use of Two-Face was abysmal and the entire movie felt way too full of itself. The 3rd flick, IMHO, had the best balance between decent drama and comic book flair. I liked the dialog from Bane but I maintain that Bale makes a WAAAAYYYY better Wayne than he does a Batman. I'm also glad JGL dropped the tough-guy/steel mill accent he has in his first few scenes. The score was awesome, especially during Bane and Batsy's first brouhaha.

I'd like to go to a nice steakhouse w/ Michael Caine and have prime rib mit Scotch and then some cigars. 
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2739 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:26 AM »

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I will forever desire Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman....it just works, though the other guy who voices him in the red hood film and young justice does a decent job too. 2 definitely gets waaaaayyyyy to much kudos, especially considering how downplayed two face was. Yes, ledger was a terrific joker, but you can't help but think that if he hadn't died at the launch of the movie, his role would have been significantly less praised. But to be fair to the late Heath Ledger, I've never disliked anything he was in. He always gave a solid performance.

9 days til twilight's nerdy love sick fanbase gets dusted by....nerdy swords and sorcery fans.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2740 on: December 05, 2012, 07:04:27 AM »

I also watched Batman last night on Blu-ray and Bane was wayyy too fucking loud.  Hard to understand him half the time. Oh well, it was still a fantastic time.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2741 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »

Silver Linings Playbook was pretty good.  Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence is some pretty people - lots of unexpected gratuitous shots of miss Lawrence's... assets.  Only problem is that the film portrays fans of the Philadelphia Eagles as human beings. 

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2742 on: December 12, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

the latest BATSY:

Get fucked

I noticed that in theaters too.  I thought it was to compensate for the ...somewhat hard-to-understand accent[?] thing.  But it just makes it stand out in a bad way...  Kinda like in old movies where they'd dub over the musical number but the quality is clearly different.

I guess the bane thing was even worse before

http://youtu.be/dZW5qyc2g6U
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2743 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »

Adventures of Tintin was a long time Belgian comic book series AND was a Saturday morning cartoon back in the 1980s I believe. 

I used to watch the show in the 90s ( might be the same show you were talking about).  It is streaming on Netflix now.  I  loved it as a kid so I am afraid to watch it again as an adult.  Nostalgia is a funny thing.  Case in point Danger Mouse; I loved that show as a kid.  Bought the whole series on dvd, watched it with a fellow danger mouse fan.  We made it through a few episodes and realized it was a lot better in our memories.  I left the DVDs with him. 

Anyways, I watched Magic Mike.  It was okay.  I have seen male strippers irl and they look nothing like those guys.  I feel like it was like a step up movie; as in you should fast forward to the dance scenes and just watch those.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2744 on: December 13, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »

I used to watch the show in the 90s ( might be the same show you were talking about).  It is streaming on Netflix now.  I  loved it as a kid so I am afraid to watch it again as an adult.  Nostalgia is a funny thing. 

I watched it as a kid too and liked it. I watched it a year or so ago and it actually wasn't too bad. It's a little bit tamed down compared to the books, with the drinking references and such, btu it holds up not too badly.

I went on a Carpenter binge recently. The Thing, Escape from New York (and L.A.), Big Trouble in Little China, In the Mouth of Madness and Prince of Darkness.

The man was on a hell of a streak for a while.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: