Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319049 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 244 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 334061 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: January 27, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Blood

Oh man, nothing like some freaky stuff.  I didn't watch it, but I wouldn't mind a few good horror flicks if anyone knows any.

On the idea of self-cannibalism, why do some snakes eat themselves??

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: January 27, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

Ted -
So here we have the vulgar teddy bear movie. And that's really all it is. There is absolutely nothing else going for this movie besides the pot smoking, and ridiculously vulgar, teddy bear. You could have substituted a normal guy in the bears place and no one would have(should have?) cared about this movie. Thing is, the schtick grows tiresome about 5 minutes into the movie. There's only so many F-bombs a toy bear can drop before you roll your eyes and hope they just move on already with the story.
And how exactly did the bear get this way? His BFF John, and the only influence we are aware of, is your typical Nice Guy, but with a few issues.
Everything about this movie has been done 10,000 times before, just without a talking bear.
It went on too long, and was only funny in a few spots. Once again, I am baffled by what the general populace latches on to. This makes money while genuinely great movies get ignored. BTW, I actually have found Family Guy funny when I've watched it here and there, so that can't be held against me in my judgement here.
And will someone please feed Ms. Kunis? My god, is she skinny. Yuck.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: January 28, 2013, 01:11:24 AM »

Ted -
So here we have the vulgar teddy bear movie. And that's really all it is. There is absolutely nothing else going for this movie besides the pot smoking, and ridiculously vulgar, teddy bear. You could have substituted a normal guy in the bears place and no one would have(should have?) cared about this movie. Thing is, the schtick grows tiresome about 5 minutes into the movie. There's only so many F-bombs a toy bear can drop before you roll your eyes and hope they just move on already with the story.
And how exactly did the bear get this way? His BFF John, and the only influence we are aware of, is your typical Nice Guy, but with a few issues.
Everything about this movie has been done 10,000 times before, just without a talking bear.
It went on too long, and was only funny in a few spots. Once again, I am baffled by what the general populace latches on to. This makes money while genuinely great movies get ignored. BTW, I actually have found Family Guy funny when I've watched it here and there, so that can't be held against me in my judgement here.
And will someone please feed Ms. Kunis? My god, is she skinny. Yuck.

...I no longer like you, mr grim.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:58 AM »

I actually agree insofar I think it could have been a lot funnier than it was.  The concept was great, but not enough "ha-ha"s, and it kept dipping into emotional territory that it really didn't need do (the movie would have been better if it was more about just Wahlberg and Ted).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: January 28, 2013, 02:21:56 AM »

I actually agree insofar I think it could have been a lot funnier than it was.  The concept was great, but not enough "ha-ha"s, and it kept dipping into emotional territory that it really didn't need do (the movie would have been better if it was more about just Wahlberg and Ted).
That's it, you all suck, I'm vonna go watch my special edition blu ray of it right now

...bunch of anuses.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »

That's it, you all suck, I'm vonna go watch my special edition blu ray of it right now

...bunch of anuses.
[/quote
I'm willing to listen. Tell us why you liked it. I think it's obvious I'm a movie nut, but I also am damn curious as to why someone may like a movie that I find detestable. You just thought it was funny? Or did you appreciate the underlying meaning behind it all? At least until the ending put a halt to whatever it was they were trying to say. Because it did seem for awhile that the movie was taking potshots at all those ridiculous "manchild" movies made by Adam Sandler and the like. 
I DID like the opening that took place in the 80's. Pure nostalgia there.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

It's seth macfarlane humor, plain and simple. Dick and fart jokes, 80's and 90's references, and a story that's overshadowed by stupidty. There's nothing hiding, it's all right there. I loved it for its hilarity, but I appreciate it for its genuine simplicity. It'a not trying to convey some deeper meaning like buds over babes or if you dream hard enough you get what you want, it's simply a nonsense story with good actors and obvious gags at a number of things. I'm only being a shmuck about it because that movie was the only good thing to happen that weekend when it was released in my life....and let me tell you, I'll NEVER forget that weekend....most horrible set of days since my mom died...

Of course it was also the week before spiderman, and 3 weeks later TDKR aka the best fucking movie yet.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: January 28, 2013, 11:38:43 AM »

It's seth macfarlane humor, plain and simple. Dick and fart jokes, 80's and 90's references, and a story that's overshadowed by stupidty. There's nothing hiding, it's all right there. I loved it for its hilarity, but I appreciate it for its genuine simplicity. It'a not trying to convey some deeper meaning like buds over babes or if you dream hard enough you get what you want, it's simply a nonsense story with good actors and obvious gags at a number of things. I'm only being a shmuck about it because that movie was the only good thing to happen that weekend when it was released in my life....and let me tell you, I'll NEVER forget that weekend....most horrible set of days since my mom died...

Of course it was also the week before spiderman, and 3 weeks later TDKR aka the best fucking movie yet.
Ahh, ok, then. You see, I absolutely HATE D & F jokes. I prefer sly and subtle humor. Family Guy is funny because it's a mix of the two.
I totally get the connection thing for you. I also have certain movies that remind of good or bad times in life.
Quality be damned, I love them (or hate in some regards) anyway. 

Have you ever heard of MaryAnn Johanson? One of my favorite film reviewers. Even when I don't agree with her, she writes a good review. This was her take on Ted:
http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/2012/08/ted_review.html
I was surprised she liked it, as she is normally "above" this kind of movie, but she saw something there that I didn't. I can appreciate that, just like how I can appreciate that you like it simply for what it is on the surface. Whatever works, you know.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:33 AM »

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/nicholas-cage-reboot-left-behind-film-franchise

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:28 AM »

Oh, god, no!
Oh, wait...

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »

I get the feeling he's still having the kind of financial trouble that leads you to take any job you can get.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: January 30, 2013, 04:48:07 PM »

Grim,

Review Movie 43 for us.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: January 30, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »

Grim,

Review Movie 43 for us.

Please.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: January 30, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »

Grim,

Review Movie 43 for us.

Please.
Ha! But then I'd have to pay money to see a shitty movie. Sorry to disappoint my loyal fans.
; - )
I DO have Doctor Zhivago and A Very Long Engagement coming up for all those people waiting on my review of those.
*chirp chirp*
Thought so.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:12 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 244 Print