Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:37:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338348 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 386301 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2850 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »

Saw Die Hard 5.

It was Die Hard.
Cursed overseas early release BS. I'm dying to see this.
I saw the extended trailer for it over the weekend when we saw Mama. It looks totally ridiculously stupid. Now we have his son showing up and teaming up with him to cause mayhem? Seriously? They couldn't come up with something better than that? Ugh. Unless this miraculously gets positive reviews I'll stay far away.

I take it that you didn't watch 4 (which also had his son show up and teaming up to cause mayhem, all to save the Internet from being stolen).

Also, the two best Die Hard movies are the first one and the Fifth Element.

Apparently you didn't watch 4 either because it was not his son that helped him lol. Only his daughter was in 4.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2851 on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »

Like a lot of people I love the first Die Hard. I recall liking Die Hard 2 but I barely remember anything about it, and then the next two were even more forgettable. None of them ever failed to entertain me though, and that's really all I expect from this series.

The plot is throwaway and stupid, the emotional scenes are forced, but there were a few impressive stunts, particularly a car chase that I liked. I had fun with it. It was pretty much what I expected it to be.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2852 on: February 13, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »

Maybe it's because of the villians, but 1 and 3 were definitely my favorites. Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons were great bad guys, although they were terrible germans in hindsight. I liked 2 because of the action, it was great. 4 was mediocre, and the young guy in it was one of the hackers, not his son. I do have one requested mini-spoiler to ask for. Is it true Patrick Stewart's in it?

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2853 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

Not unless he was an extra in the background or something.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2854 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »

Not unless he was an extra in the background or something.
I had read he was going to play a russian colonel in the movie....guess that was a mistake.

Finally saw Chronicle. Man, that was a good movie. It felt very....real I think is the word to use here, like it could have happened. The whole method of filming just sold the movie well. I really suggest checking it out at least once.

Also watched Battleship....it sucked. Really sorry Liam Neeson has his name attached to it, he's above films like that. The whole premise was cool, and visuals were top notch...but the peg missles, the "battleship grid" scene, and the silliness of the cast...if this were the real navy, I'd be scared off my ass for what happens in an actual battle.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2855 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »

Awesome
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2856 on: February 15, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

Awesome

Forget actors, Luc ("Lube") Besson is on my "celebrity DO list".

I watched Clueless.  WOW!  Haha this movie is jokes, I was expecting something horrible, and the worst parts of every teen-chick flick, but there's a subtle and quick humour that's extremely satirical and borderline brilliant (though I wouldn't go that far -- at the very least, the movie is perfectly memorable, a great 90s, Cali-girl version of what "Mean Girls" set out to do I think works here).

In her large California mansion is a painted portrait of her late mother, and Cher says: "Wasn't my mom a total Betty? She died when I was young. A freak accident during a routine liposuction."

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2857 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »

Wow. That's really all that can be said about Ben Kingsley taking on the role of Gandhi. Wow. This was worth (finally!) seeing just for his performance. He completely, mentally and physically, disappears into this role. Easily one the best acting roles I've ever seen.
Gandhi -
This is a BIG movie. Not just in length, but in content. I feel bad in how lacking I was in regards to the story of this man, and of India's history. I knew small bits, but never the whole story. Presuming this movie is mostly accurate, I remain astounded at how much of a difference one man can make.
The movie gives a wonderful portrayal of a country in turmoil. People starving everywhere, and with little possessions to speak. The British seemingly completely uncaring to the plight of the citizens. The whole scenario was ripe for a "savior". The people needed someone to speak out for them, and they got that person in the guise of Mahatma Gandhi. The British trained lawyer turned peaceful activist for change.
The cinematography is great in how it shows both the good and bad views of this country. Unlike LOTR and New Zealand, I have no interest in going to India, but I totally appreciate the beauty of country for what it is.
Definitely one of the better movies I've watched in a long time. I'm glad I finally took the time to watch it. I think everyone should. It's so sad that we humans are so hung up on killing each other. We never learn, even when great people come along to show us, in a painfully obvious way, what is right. This movie left me with a sadness for the state of our world. If only there were a few more Gandhis walking about.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2858 on: February 17, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »

Planet of the Apes marathon on AMC. :). Love 'em!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2859 on: February 18, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »

21 Jump Street -
I didn't initially want to see this. I can't stand Jonah Hill, and Channing Tatum has all the acting talent of a brick. The good reviews convinced me to give it a try, anyway.
After seeing the movie, my above statement still holds true, but I WAS amused a bit, at least. These two guys are so dynamically opposite of each other, but they have pretty good comedic chemistry.
The basis of the story obviously comes from the TV show of the 80s, but it veers off in all sorts of bizarre ways. Like how surprisingly crude the movie is. I don't get why they went with an R on this one. This setup screams PG-13, and should have been. The vulgarity feels shoehorned in, and actually takes away from what could have been a better movie.
I DID like how the story turns the tables on the jock vs. nerd trope. In a few instances the movie really felt fresh in this regard. Too bad it was only a couple scenes, though. For fear of losing their audience they had to return to silliness and violence.
For a guy like me, it's frustrating. I see potential here. I won't hold out hope for the inevitable sequel, though. I don't think this movie did well because of it's brief dalliance with headier issues.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2860 on: February 18, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »

I want Grim to be one of the movie review guys on morning-zoo shows.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2861 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »

Is anyone else amused that the top 3 movies of this past weekend, added up, barely squeak past 50%? Heck, add in the 4th place spot, and it only gets up to 82%!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
Man, there's some shit movies out right now.

Be sure to listen for my reviews on IROC 99.9 weekdays from 1-4 am.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 18, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »

I was talking to someone today about the thing you always see on TV commercials for movies: "America's #1 Family Comedy!"  (Of course, since there aren't any other family comedies in theaters right now, there's no #2...)  Think that's the situation we're in at the moment.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: February 20, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »

Watching Airplane! again.  Awesome as always, but man, Julie Hagerty is wayyyy too skinny.  She's like bones with skin wrapped around them.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2864 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Watching Airplane! again.  Awesome as always, but man, Julie Hagerty is wayyyy too skinny.  She's like bones with skin wrapped around them.

But she's so sweet.

I love that movie.  My boyfriend was skeptical, but got excited when he saw an NBA Legend pop in (he's a sports buff).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: