Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334718 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 376298 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2925 on: March 17, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »

^ Eugh.  THose are one of those movies I've been disgustingly curious about; but because A-N-Y-O-N-E I ask about it says "Um, yeah, it's ok", and I avoid it.
The biggest plus I hear is about Kat Dennings and her ample bossom.

I watched Quest for Camelot.  Y'know -- that animated Warner Brothers movie from 1998 with a ton of talent but in a shitty movie.  The premise is cool enough, but everything else is hilariously bad and suffers from trying too hard.  I don't get why the leader heroine looks more realistic than just about everyone else in the film, her love interest especially who has a sort of blocky face.  And no song was worse than in their "romance duet" when she and he (a blind hermit) sing "I see the world through your eyes" -- which I guess is meaningful because he's blind or something......idunno...
Gary Oldman was a waste of talent here...And to go back to the poor Blind Hermit, Cary Ewles in NO WAY matched his singing-voice; adding to the ha-ha's.

I'm a big fan of animated films, I guess that's why I took the dive on this one.  But I am looking forward to more about Disney's "Frozen".  They *finally* have a teaser concept art image.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:33:27 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2926 on: March 17, 2013, 12:49:30 AM »

Kat Dennings' boobs are way too much. Christina Hendicks is where it's at.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2927 on: March 17, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

Kat Dennings' boobs are way too much. Christina Hendicks is where it's at.
I just find her attractive in a non-Hollywood sort of way. Her boobs are really secondary. And I....think......that Christina's are a bit bigger. I presume that's the joke?

And, yeah, Dice, I remember seeing that Quest for Camelot. Not good at all.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2928 on: March 20, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »

Boondocks saints:) haven't watched it in years and I'm on the beers.  Nice to see Norman Reedus again:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

Check this out: it's some random internet guy's take on what happened to the Breakfast Club kids after the movie.  Warning, it's kind of bleak. :)
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/n52k3/name_a_protagonist_in_a_movie_that_you_cannot/c36el4h

And it turns out he did one for Ferris Bueller, too.
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/n52k3/name_a_protagonist_in_a_movie_that_you_cannot/c36hut4?context=3

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2930 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »

I can't stand FBDO. In my version of that movie that principal murders all the brat kids
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 21, 2013, 12:28:29 AM »

In that guy's version, Ferris ends up getting shanked by the principal in prison, so that's something.

Another movie-related link.  There is a church based on The Big Lebowski.  You can become an ordained Dudeist minister online for free.

http://dudeism.com/ordination

—Kurt Vonnegut
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2932 on: March 24, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

The Notebook -
The things I do for you people! The sacrifices I make for the greater good of movie reviewing! Heck, I even dragged Nan into it. Neither one of us actually had any interest in watching this. I was just getting tired of seeing people label it as a supposed "great" romantic movie. I hated not having the ammunition to shoot them down!
Turns out the movie isn't quite as bad as I was expecting. I'd say a good half of it was perfectly watchable. Corny, but watchable. It's that other half, comprised of horrible cliches, and old people, that make this something bordering on comedy.
Rachel and Ryan are fine as the leads. They have decent chemistry, and move the silly story along fine.
James Garner is fine as well as Old Noah. I found Old Allie kind of hard to watch, though. I know she was supposed to be suffering from Dementia, but it just looked to me like she was suffering from Bad Acting.
The old people scenes are supposed to be sweet and endearing, but they just didn't work for me. Especially the sudden miraculous turnaround by Allie, and the final, gag-inducing, let alone pretty much impossible, scene.
Then. THEN. We have the back and forth romance of Noah and Allie. with an interlude in the middle involving some rich dude. The way Allie treats this man is disgusting. Cheating is NOT romantic. She should have respected the guy enough to keep her legs closed, come back and break it off with him. Skank.
So, anyway. There we have it. A pretty weak sauce romance with all sorts of problems that silly women slap on lists next to Casablanca. What the hell, people. What the HELL.

Memories of Murder -
I didn't realize until after watching this that it is based on a true event that took place in 1986. That's probably for the better, as I wasn't distracted by knowing that.
It's a well made movie, no doubt. Great cinematography, direction, etc.
Still, I was bothered by one too many things to label it a great movie. Regardless of whether the events actually took place in the manor in which they are presented.
Like the constant in-fighting by the investigators. The complete ineptness of the police to cordon off the murder sites from the public/reporters. Pretty much the complete ineptness of the police in general, including making up evidence and torturing suspects. Young women repeatedly going off alone in the KNOWN area where the murders were taking place.
There's just SO much wrong with this story! Is it for the sake of the movie, or did this stuff actually happen? I have no idea. But I have to approach it from the movie standpoint, and it just doesn't wash.
It's STILL a decent entertainment, and gave me a good insight into Korean film-making. It's amazing how different filmmakers from different countries can present a story.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:45:00 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2933 on: March 24, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »

I watched the Raid: redemption, major league, and slap shot this week.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2934 on: March 27, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »

In a sports mood were we?

I watched Ladyhawke tonight, which I haven't seen in a dog's age.

The movie itself holds up pretty well for the mid 80s, but that soundtrack really makes it feel really dated. 

Oh yeah, also The Sword and the Sorcerer - which is so boring I forgot I watched it as well as

John Dies At The End - went in with low expectations, discovered it was directed by Coscarelli (who did Phantasm) and got a nice, weird little movie.

Kat Dennings is better looking than Christina Hendricks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:28:07 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 27, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »

International trailer for The Wolverine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzZP-_Ssc

And because I thought it was funny, the "Honest Trailer" for Les Miserables:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYfA3zTxFE

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2936 on: March 28, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

International trailer for The Wolverine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzZP-_Ssc

And because I thought it was funny, the "Honest Trailer" for Les Miserables:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYfA3zTxFE

I loved the 1st Wolverine only because I saw that leaked screener that had fill in special effects. So goddamn awesome.

Last night I watched Pitch Perfect. I liked it.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2937 on: March 29, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »

I am disturbed that my local cinema has given The Host 5 stars.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2938 on: March 29, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »

*BZZZT!* Wrong answer!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_host_2013/

Is the reviewer there a 13 year old girl with a Stephanie Meyer obsession? Weird.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2939 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »

*BZZZT!* Wrong answer!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_host_2013/

Is the reviewer there a 13 year old girl with a Stephanie Meyer obsession? Weird.

I honestly did not expect The Host to be great, but its critical reception is even lower than any of the Twilight movies which I did not expect. It must be an absolutely terrible book too.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: