Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335182 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 259 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 380749 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3090 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »

It's a sad day when total shit like Grown Ups 2 has a bigger weekend than a bad ass movie like Pacific Rim. I know it's not for everyone, but COME ON. People friggin' suck.

PR spoiler/question:
Code:
Anyone else have a total geekgasm when Mako busted out the giant sword? My son and I were loving that.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3091 on: July 15, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »

Lol. Yeah. Grown Ups 2??  Really?!.  Fucking Sheeple.:((

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3092 on: July 15, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »

C'mon, guys! Grown Ups 2 FTW!! 'Cuz 90s nostalgia!

I love this line from Variety's review (mainly for the Idiocracy reference, of course):
"Among the slackest, laziest, least movie-like movies released by a major studio in the last decade, "Grown Ups 2" is perhaps the closest Hollywood has yet come to making "Ow! My Balls!" seem like a plausible future project."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:36:18 PM by natros » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3093 on: July 16, 2013, 06:51:49 AM »

Just saw Pacific Rim last night. Oh my god, I cannot recall grinning so much during a movie ever before. The action scenes were amazing. I loved the score. And I really think that the reviews that bashed the story and characters. Characters might not have been deep, but they were likable and being deep isn't necessary for characters to be enjoyable. Basically the same for the story.

It's a sad day when total shit like Grown Ups 2 has a bigger weekend than a bad ass movie like Pacific Rim. I know it's not for everyone, but COME ON. People friggin' suck.

PR spoiler/question:
Code:
Anyone else have a total geekgasm when Mako busted out the giant sword? My son and I were loving that.
People at my theater actually clapped right after that scene.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3094 on: July 16, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »

God dang it.

I know what's going to happen.

Exact same thing like in the Last of Us thread.  Everyone will (and has, it seems) see Pacific Rim and because of school I won't till it's already off the "hot/cool" list. D:
Then I'll waltz into this thread all PUMPED and jazzed and no one to talk to but a lone tumbleweed as it blows by.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3095 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

God dang it.

Exact same thing like in the Last of Us thread.  Everyone will (and has, it seems) see Pacific Rim and because of school I won't till it's already off the "hot/cool" list. D:
Then I'll waltz into this thread all PUMPED and jazzed and no one to talk to but a lone tumbleweed as it blows by.

Try being married and a parent. You don't have time for shit. I'm wayyyy behind on all kinds of stuff. If you end up not seeing this one 'til home video, our timing just may coincide (lol).
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3096 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »

God dang it.

Try being married and a parent. You don't have time for shit. I'm wayyyy behind on all kinds of stuff. If you end up not seeing this one 'til home video, our timing just may coincide (lol).
I AM married and a parent. I make time for the things that interest me. I'm also lucky that at this point my son is 12 and is the perfect audience for giant robots and superheros. Just a few years ago, I always had to wait until home release for this stuff.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:48:55 PM by GrimReality » Logged

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3097 on: July 16, 2013, 04:00:18 PM »

God dang it.

I AM married and a parent. I make time for the things that interest me. I'm also lucky that at this point my son is 12 and is the perfect audience for giant robots and superheros. Just a few years ago, I always had to wait until home release for this stuff.

How'd I know you'd chime in, fellow ball n' chainer?
I make time for me, myself, and I too. It's called "SOME nights after 10PM and before midnight" (after the wife and child retire). If my boy was also old enough to have a pimple and even wipe his own ass, I'm sure I could have a bit more free time, as you do. As of now, nothing doing. I stay in the dark on current affairs, but I love my li'l buddy!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:04:36 PM by natros » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3098 on: July 16, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »

God dang it.

How'd I know you'd chime in, fellow ball n' chainer?
I make time for me, myself, and I too. It's called "SOME nights after 10PM and before midnight" (after the wife and child retire). If my boy was also old enough to have a pimple and even wipe his own ass, I'm sure I could have a bit more free time, as you do. As of now, nothing doing. I stay in the dark on current affairs, but I love my li'l buddy!
Ah, I understand completely. Been there. Done that.  I also get the "SOME nights after 10 and before midnight" thing, because during the week, that's pretty much the only time I get to myself(for me it's 9:30-11:30). And my wife wonders why I stay up so late.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3099 on: July 16, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »

Ah, I understand completely. Been there. Done that.  I also get the "SOME nights after 10 and before midnight" thing, because during the week, that's pretty much the only time I get to myself(for me it's 9:30-11:30). And my wife wonders why I stay up so late.

Being a busy patriarch, you need your valuable alone time! Chicks just don't understand. ;)

We have to serve our time raising our rug rats through those wonderful childhood stages. My time to take him to movies and out for ice cream and what not shall come...

OK, now back to movies. Sorry for the parental thread hijack, people.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:29:36 PM by natros » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3100 on: July 17, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »

The A-Team -
I found this to be one of the most ridiculous action movies I've ever seen. I understand that was the whole point, but I just wasn't buying it. So many of the scenes here were based on multiple people doing multiple things all timed perfectly to accomplish a single thing. Like when the team was being brought back together. So freakin' ridiculous.
The story is non-sensical and not even worth mentioning.
I was distracted by Liam Neeson as Hannibal, due to his inability to suppress his accent. He was an odd choice for this role.
I didn't remember Murdock being that crazy, but I'll give Sharlto Copley credit for playing crazy rather well.
Bradley Cooper was the perfect choice for face.
The guy playing B.A. was just OK. Should have been bigger and taller.
Jessica Biel is totally wasted here. Not that she's a great actress, but her role completely saps away her appeal. She's better when she smiles.
I loved the show growing up. Such goofy fun. The theme song has been in my head ever since.
Unfortunately, the movie did not play well with my memories. Even without comparing it to the show, this is a BAD movie. It's filled with outlandish action scenes that aren't even any fun, and tell me they were trying too hard. Odd characters and a generic plot bring it down even further. It's too bad, really, as this could have fun.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3101 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »

Everyone I know who saw A-Team told me it was crap, so I didn't bother. Thanks for reaffirming my decision. That's too bad... Another franchise unnecessarily tarnished.

Saw MI3 for the first time last night. I enjoyed it. It's one of those movies you just have to suspend your disbelief of certain things and enjoy the ride. After all, they do the impossible. So yeah, just like the first 2, there's some action scenes that were over the top, but it's just plain fun in the end. This movie doesn't feel as self indulgent and silly as the 2nd, most likely due to JJ Abrams directing. Ultimately, it feels like a good mix of action and espionage, which is exactly what a MI film should be. There are a few good plot twists. I honestly didn't see the big one near the end coming. ...Probably cuz I was a little 420 at the time.
Good cast all around, and well acted. I love Philip Seymour Hoffman. He is excellently devilish in this film, but he doesn't have enough screen time, IMO. It's crazy how much, and how fast Tom Cruise runs in this movie. He is like a damn gazelle. I can only hope to be in such good shape when I'm in my mid 40s. Without Hollywood funds and personal trainers, I seriously doubt it, though.

Good film. If you like the first 2, you will like this one. If you like action movies that are fun, but not completely brainless, you will enjoy this.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3102 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:56 AM »

God dang it.

Pacific Rim is basically now my favorite movie I have ever seen, so I will gladly gush about it whenever you get around to seeing it.....assuming I remember to keep checking the movie thread. Speaking of Pacific Rim, going to see it a second time this weekend probably. First time I have seen a movie twice in theaters since......Pocahontas?
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3103 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

God dang it.

Pacific Rim is basically now my favorite movie I have ever seen, so I will gladly gush about it whenever you get around to seeing it.....assuming I remember to keep checking the movie thread. Speaking of Pacific Rim, going to see it a second time this weekend probably. First time I have seen a movie twice in theaters since......Pocahontas?
Same here. I might be going to see it again, and taking one of my brothers with. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie twice in a theater. Probably 15-20 years ago!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3104 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »

Pacific Rim will be the *counts* 4th Bluray I add to my meager collection of movies I would actually watch repeatedly. It's absolutely fantastic, no better way to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 259 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: