Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:25:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 377478 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3135 on: July 27, 2013, 07:27:08 AM »

I notice a few of you are planning to see Pacific Rim twice.  The last time I saw a movie in theaters twice was Slumdog Millionaire.  First time I went by myself and the second time I saw it with my mom.  If a friend wanted to go see it, I'd gladly see it again with said friend. 
The only time I can recall seeing a movie twice in theaters (before Pacific Rim which I plan to see a second time later today) is Pocahontas which I saw with my parents and then later saw again with my sister.....I think because she wanted to see it and I didn't mind seeing it again, although it may have been because I wanted to see it.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3136 on: July 27, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »

Saw the new Wolverine movie last night. I found it pretty average. The plot is extremely predictable with the viewer knowing how things will finish up in the first 20 minutes.

Code:
I doubt anyone was surprised by who the final villain was

I don't regret watching it but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3137 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:06 PM »

Saw the new Wolverine movie last night. I found it pretty average. The plot is extremely predictable with the viewer knowing how things will finish up in the first 20 minutes.

Code:
I doubt anyone was surprised by who the final villain was

I don't regret watching it but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it.

So would you describe the movie as Wolverine's anime adventures though Japanland?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3138 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »

So would you describe the movie as Wolverine's anime adventures though Japanland?

Not so much anime adventures as lets throw in everything the average person in the west thinks of when they hear the name Japan. with the exception of tentacles
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:20:43 PM by Darilon » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3139 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »

Not so much anime adventures as lets throw in everything the average person in the west thinks of when they hear the name Japan. with the exception of tentacles

Pretty much what I was inferring. I wouldn't expect Wolverine to pilot a giant robot or attend a Japanese highschool anyways (not like these things couldn't be done, especially since they've already been done to Spiderman and that X-Men 2000 cartoon/anime (kinda) respectfully) but I fully expected him to partake in the foreign and exotic mysteries of the Orient such as banging a geisha, fighting a Samurai, fighting a ninja army, begrudgingly eating sushi, getting schooled on how to drink tea, wearing a bathrobe like a Kimono, walking thought a Japanese Garden, fighting through a Japanese Garden, fighting with a Samurai's Katana, watching like a minute's worth of anime, and fighting Ninja Samurai Robots with a Katana, only stopping short of watching Godzilla destroy Tokyo.

Pretty much straight out of the comics if I recall correctly.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3140 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

Saw Pacific Rim a second time yesterday. Still love it, and I feel like I might have a better understanding of why I find the battles so entertaining. It is because the battles are not....repetitive? Tactics constantly change, they take advantage of the environment, they improvise constantly, and that makes the fights engaging and interesting.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3141 on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »

I just saw Pacific Rim for the 2nd time as well. I went yesterday with my son and 2 of my brothers(1 have one more). I haven't seen a movie with them in over 20 years! I figured this was the perfect one for us all to see together, and it was. They both loved it.
It was the 3D version, and I have to say it didn't look as bright or as clear as the normal version. I DID think the 3D was pretty well done. It was more used to add depth to scenes, rather then just throw things at you like so many others do.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3142 on: July 29, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »

Watched the 1979 version of 'Salem's Lot. Since I'm also currently listening to the book on audio at the moment, I had to inevitably compare the two. Anyway, the movie tries, but the pacing is terrible, with some scenes taking forever for no reason and some scenes going super fast for no reason. However the movie does get a gold star for great vamp design; them suckers are really creepy, especially Barlow. Loved the eye effects.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3143 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:46 PM »

I saw the Pacific Rim in 3D and it's weird... you hardly remember the 3D effects at all in these movies...

unless it's Jackass 3D, which is the crowning achievement in cinema
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3144 on: July 30, 2013, 12:06:52 AM »

Finally got to see Star Trek: IT and it was great. I'm assuming that the third will be full on Kingon. Unless they change it up...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3145 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:54 AM »

I saw the Pacific Rim in 3D and it's weird... you hardly remember the 3D effects at all in these movies...

unless it's Jackass 3D, which is the crowning achievement in cinema

I liked Harold and Kumar's implementation of 3D ---- as in your face as possible.

I like the 3D and all, but I stop noticing it after about 15 minutes unless they make a scene with like snow or dust or those weird glowing things in Avatar.  So while cool, I'm old and conservative and I'm just as happy about not paying extra for it.  

And Jackass is awesome.  So:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3146 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »

Saw Bad Teacher for the first time the other night. What a... weird movie. Almost all of the characters are... well, weird. Especially Timberlake's character (although the orgasm face he makes during a certain scene is both awesome and hilarious). I should expect such strangeness from a Jake Kasdan flick, but these people are offbeat, for sure. Anyone who has seen this will know what I mean. Don't get me wrong. It's not weird to the point that you're uncomfortable or anything. The movie is funny. Not side-splittingly funny, but it has its moments.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Diaz, but she does a great job here. Pulls off her role well. Lucy Punch also does well as a quirky goodie goodie teacher. Her mannerisms are awesome. I also think she's pretty hot... in her own way. Jason Segel's character is the funniest by far (through excellently witty dialogue), and also seems to be one of the more normal people in this flick.

In the end, I enjoyed it. Can I recommend it...? Not sure. There's nothing that ground breaking, or memorable about it. However, it's pretty funny at times, and is well acted. It's definitely not awful (lol).
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3147 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »

I saw the Wolverine. I liked it a lot, though I have to say, it makes a good case for the negative portrayal of Asian Men in American media as cowardly, petty, and without honor; Wolverine, by contrast, was strong, brave, and honorable, so of course all the Asian girls wanted the awesome foreigner.

The most egregious part came when Wolverine chewed out Noburo for cheating on his fiancÚ... despite sleeping with her the very night before. Wat.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3148 on: August 01, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »

Saw Here Comes the Boom.

Kind of seemed a little inside out for a Happy Madison movie. It wasn't exactly hilarious, but a few parts made me chuckle and the story played out really well for a typical rising underdog sports movie.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3149 on: August 01, 2013, 10:28:38 AM »

"HEY GOOD FIGHT! BLEEAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!"

That scene was much funnier in the outtakes.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: