Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340955 Posts in 13935 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 266 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 392676 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3165 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »

Rila Fukushima reminded me too much of my cousin.  He has a big ass egg-shaped head like that.  So, can't dig. 

I gotta see this film. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3166 on: August 02, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »

Dice, you want to see the film because Hugh Jackman is shirtless quite often.  I'm watching the movie and thinking "what is this guy's workout routine?  He's diesel jacked!"

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3167 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »

Rila Fukushima reminded me too much of my cousin.  He has a big ass egg-shaped head like that.  So, can't dig. 

For real. She looks like an alien, and I ain't talkin about the green Shatner-fondling variety.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3168 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »

"what is this guy's workout routine?  He's diesel jacked!"

it's hollywood, so steroids
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3169 on: August 02, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »

Dice, you want to see the film because Hugh Jackman is shirtless quite often.  I'm watching the movie and thinking "what is this guy's workout routine?  He's diesel jacked!"

This might have something to do with it

https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/362248697209298947

I'm not really into muscle though.  It's nice and all, but I hate it when a man's head gets suffocated by the rest of his body's mass.  Some isn't too bad though. :D
I'm more about a nice smile and someone who's willing to tolerate me after spending enough time with me...... .... ... ... :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3170 on: August 02, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »

"what is this guy's workout routine?  He's diesel jacked!"

it's hollywood, so steroids
Actually, I read 6,000 calories a day and a lot of weight lifting.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3171 on: August 02, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

I'm sure they add plenty of weightlifting and eating, but steroids are pretty helpful too.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3172 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:03 AM »

I'm sure they add plenty of weightlifting and eating, but steroids are pretty helpful too.

If our jobs were to work out and look good... then we'd be ok
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3173 on: August 03, 2013, 03:50:53 AM »

Saw Stoker and it was really weird.  Beautiful but weird.   The shower scene was a definite wtf moment. 

When I watched Snitch, I kept thinking the Rock should be able to take these people out no problem.
When I watched Jack Reacher, I kept wondering if Tom Cruise would win the fights.
Jack Reacher wins the better movie fight.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3174 on: August 03, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »

Yeah. He's a good actor and bad at comedy

Ah, I actually kind of mentioned him as a joke. Even though I like his old movies, he seems to play the same character in nearly every movie of his I have seen. 

Rewatched The Guard last night. I love the movie but some of the accents are just terrible, especially that little kid. I am a big fan of Brendan Gleeson and he was the highlight of the movie. Really looking forward to Calvary later this year.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3175 on: August 03, 2013, 10:41:42 AM »

The things I'd do to have even a cup of tea with either of them

You can have your choice of Rinko Kikuchi (Mako in Pacific Rim) or Tao Okamoto (Mariko in The Wolverine.)  

Rila Fukushima's (Yukio) mine.  I can see why a lot of people out there think she's ugly or whatnot, but I dunno... I like that she has an unconventional look.  She's not your typical cookie-cutter "pretty girl."  I can't put a finger on why I dig her, I just do.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 07:54:50 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3176 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »

God on Trial -
A truly fascinating "movie", if you can call it that. It's more like being a fly on the wall during an amazing conversation.
The premise is simple. Prisoners in an Auschwitz Camp talk about their situation, and some wonder why god has forsaken them. They end up holding a "trial" of sorts, with god being accused of breaking the covenant. 
Even though the debate is primarily about Jewish people and the Torah, it's really the exact same debate taking place all over the world. Why would a benevolent, all-powerful god allow such horrific things to happen? Especially to his "chosen" people?
I like that the debate included input from all thought processes, from the truly devout, to non-believers.
The background of the death camp, and what we know happens there, adds a sense of urgency to the proceedings
I would recommend this to everyone, as more people should be exposed to the questions asked here, and really should be asking them of their own beliefs.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3177 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »

Saw Chained over the weekend. Twisted flick. It's about a serial killer who sort of 'adopts' the child of one of his victims. It's not overly gory, but definitely twisted, and has a good sense of discomfort and dread. It doesn't focus entirely on the actual killings (although there are some great graphic moments), but more so on the whole fucked up nature of it all.
Vincent D'Onofrio plays the killer, and of course does a great job. Despite what Yoda thinks, he's always been a versatile actor. Between Pyle in FMJ; The Bug in MIB; Law & Order; the subway victim in an episode of Homicide; and other things, he's always nailed the roles.
I didn't recognize any of the other actors in this film, but it's all done well. There's a huge and excellent plot twist right near the end I never saw coming. Don't want to ruin it for anyone who has been interested in seeing it . If you're into dark and creepy flicks, check this one out. It's good.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3178 on: August 07, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »

Saw Expendables 2 last night. Never seen the first one.
Honestly, if you are a fan of this type of film, you will know what to expect, and what not to expect. It definitely delivers on entertainment, for sure. It's pretty cool to see some of these dudes on screen together.
You gotta be pretty good at that whole suspension of disbelief thing. This is one of those movies where you don't have to think about it for even a second. Just sit back and enjoy it.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3179 on: August 07, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »

I watched Elysium. Not bad, but District 9 was better. Too much shaky cam action, the movie ended too abruptly (and the ending is terrifying, to say the least, at least in what it implies), and the entire theme of 'rich people are all assholes living in luxury, poor people are all nice guys suffering underfoot' is a bit much, even as allegory.

Still I liked it for what it was.

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 266 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: