Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 11:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319709 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 245 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 336121 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3195 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »

Isn't the trend of horror movies nowadays the over-the-top gore and squirm factor?  Like in movies such as Saw or Hostel?  I'm not into that type of scary movie at all.  I'm a big wuss when it comes to that torture stuff.  Not a fan of slasher flicks either.  I do enjoy me a good suspense movie though.  Although, I think what's creepier than any given Hitchcock thriller (now there was a master of suspense) is how sadistic the man himself was, especially when you hear all those "behind the scenes" stories of how he directed.  I remember seeing some behind-the-scenes special on horror movies and the way he tortured that blond chick in The Birds- THAT is horrifying. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3196 on: August 09, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »

Just watched Robot and Frank tonight. It was short, quaint and pretty darn good. Very somber tone all around, but had quite a few moments that made me laugh, too.

"Next time someone's harassing you, just say 'self-destruct sequence activated' and start counting down from 10."

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3197 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »

^ I want to see that!

I sawr a preview for it before the intouchables

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3198 on: August 09, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »

Yes sir! That is an excellent flick. Like you said: Proving that what you can't see, or fully understand is what's most scary. Especially considering that all of that is going on way the hell out there in space, where no one else is around. The video recording from the old crew is especially disturbing, in an excellent way. Hard to believe that movie is 16 years old already...
The really unfortunate thing is that there's never been a movie that was that scary, neither has anyone made nearly a successful sci fi horror movie since - the closest I got to a feeling like Event Horizon's were the side missions from the original Mass Effect. Man I wish someone would make a game that had nothing but those types of missions.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3199 on: August 09, 2013, 09:33:23 PM »

I watched The Man With the Iron Fists and Oblivion tonight. They were both panned by critics but I enjoyed them both.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3200 on: August 09, 2013, 10:00:01 PM »

Oblivion was way too long. Loved the premise though.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3201 on: August 10, 2013, 12:20:09 PM »

Disney reveals their next big animated movie Zootopia at D23 -- Source: IGN

"Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed their major animated feature film for 2016 at today's D23 Expo: Zootopia.

Director Byron Howard (Tangled) and writer Jared Bush presented Disney fans with a look at the concept art, overall plot, and the complex animal city of Zootopia."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3202 on: August 10, 2013, 06:42:14 PM »

Disney reveals their next big animated movie Zootopia at D23 -- Source: IGN

"Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed their major animated feature film for 2016 at today's D23 Expo: Zootopia.

Director Byron Howard (Tangled) and writer Jared Bush presented Disney fans with a look at the concept art, overall plot, and the complex animal city of Zootopia."

:insert Zoolander joke here:

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 10, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »

That Byron - he's so hot right now.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3204 on: August 11, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »

Oblivion WAS long. I'll agreed that they could have cut a half hour out at least. Watching Pulp Fiction on IFC.:)  My second favorite Tarantino film.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3205 on: August 11, 2013, 11:51:55 PM »

Sawr Wolverine today, oh boy.
I enjoyed it. The bad guys were too one dimensional but I dug the whole thing. Some mega ultra cheese scenes but I think comic book movies need that. The female was uber-hot.

That Byron - he's so hot right now.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3206 on: August 14, 2013, 03:05:06 AM »

Watched Olympus has Fallen tonight.  I wanted to scream at the stupid decisions being made and the sheer incompetence of the govt/military.  Truth be told, I just wanted to see it since I saw the fake exterior White House they were using for filming.  I was curious how well they could transform it into the real one.   I wonder if White House Down is better.  It should be funnier at least. 

As for scary movies, I find that my imagination makes thing scarier than what movie makers show me. 

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3207 on: August 14, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »

Isn't the trend of horror movies nowadays the over-the-top gore and squirm factor?  Like in movies such as Saw or Hostel?  I'm not into that type of scary movie at all.  I'm a big wuss when it comes to that torture stuff.  Not a fan of slasher flicks either.  I do enjoy me a good suspense movie though.  Although, I think what's creepier than any given Hitchcock thriller (now there was a master of suspense) is how sadistic the man himself was, especially when you hear all those "behind the scenes" stories of how he directed.  I remember seeing some behind-the-scenes special on horror movies and the way he tortured that blond chick in The Birds- THAT is horrifying. 

All I know is that I'm getting tired of horror movies in the "Based on 'real' events" genre.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3208 on: August 14, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »

What I don't like is shaky "found footage" cam.  It literally makes me sick.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3209 on: August 15, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »

All I know is that I'm getting tired of horror movies in the "Based on 'real' events" genre.

No kidding. Isn't that at least 80% of modern "horror" flicks?

I'm not that big into straight up gore/shock horror films, either. That stuff just comes down to how much of it you can handle before turning away. Although, I do think Cabin Fever is pretty good.
I think something that makes you feel genuinely scared, or at least really creeped out, is what makes a good scary/horror flick.

Finally got around to seeing the Avengers last night. I'm probably 1 of 2 or 3 people here who hadn't seen it yet. We really enjoyed it. Lots of fun. Very entertaining. I'm not a huge fan of comic books, so I wasn't concerned about continuity, or how faithful to the universe the film is, which probably helped.
It was really cool seeing all of these guys in the same film, akin to the Expendables. I think Scarlett Johansson was out of place here, though. I just wasn't feeling her portrayal of Black Widow at all. I mean, yeah she's really fine and looks great in spandex... but she just doesn't seem like the action film type. Oh well. Just my opinion, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 245 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: