Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:57:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334603 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 375155 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3255 on: August 30, 2013, 08:18:00 AM »

I have done the twelve pubs of Christmas before. I don't try to purposefully get drunk when out so I usually stop at my fifth or sixth drink leaving me merrily tipsy rather than drunk. A pub crawl isn't as bad as it sounds. it is around one drink every 25 minutes. It isn't like you chug the twelve drinks back one after the other.

I would say the price of 12 drinks is a more terrifying thought than drinking them in one night.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3256 on: August 30, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »

It's a damn movie. That's like not enjoying king of kong because you can get into classic games.

In the movie where people turn into weird aliens or whatever and light shoots out of their mouths and eyes you're hung up on how many drinks a functional alcoholic can have in a night.

Dude, I can bitch about whatever the hell I want to in my own review of the movie. You're the one that felt the need to make an issue out of it.
I was baffled because I imagine there are people in the real world who have actually done or tried it.
There have been alcohol issues throughout my extended family as long as I've been alive . My Uncle is a"functioning" alcoholic who would probably do this, and it frightens me. My youngest brother has been through AA, and has struggled with alcohol problems since his teens. So sue me for having a problem with mass consumption of alcohol.
I know damn well it's only a movie. I suspend belief all the time to enjoy all sorts of movies. Case in point: I don't buy into religion and the supernatural, but enjoyed The Conjuring quite a bit.
And, yes, I love King Kong, and all sorts of classic movies.
Must be nice to be 100% bias free and never judge anyone for anything. Sheesh.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3257 on: August 30, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »

It's a damn movie. That's like not enjoying king of kong because you can get into classic games.

In the movie where people turn into weird aliens or whatever and light shoots out of their mouths and eyes you're hung up on how many drinks a functional alcoholic can have in a night.

Dude, I can bitch about whatever the hell I want to in my own review of the movie. You're the one that felt the need to make an issue out of it.
I was baffled because I imagine there are people in the real world who have actually done or tried it.
There have been alcohol issues throughout my extended family as long as I've been alive . My Uncle is a"functioning" alcoholic who would probably do this, and it frightens me. My youngest brother has been through AA, and has struggled with alcohol problems since his teens. So sue me for having a problem with mass consumption of alcohol.
I know damn well it's only a movie. I suspend belief all the time to enjoy all sorts of movies. Case in point: I don't buy into religion and the supernatural, but enjoyed The Conjuring quite a bit.

He's not talking about King Kong. He's talking about King of Kong (specifically Donkey Kong and the drama surrounding the getting a maxed out score and being declared greatest DK player in the world).

Unless you're being factious, in which case; carry on.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3258 on: August 30, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »

You and Agent D are the only people I ever give a hard time to so you bet you sweet pippy I get my money worth
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3259 on: August 30, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »

He's not talking about King Kong. He's talking about King of Kong (specifically Donkey Kong and the drama surrounding the getting a maxed out score and being declared greatest DK player in the world).

Unless you're being factious, in which case; carry on.
Ha! I'm an idiot. I totally read that wrong. I actually haven't seen that movie, but I certainly know what it's about. And yes, I would JUDGE that guy a fool for spending so much time on nonsense. Doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy the movie.
Plus, I PLAYED all those classic games as a kid. Admittedly, I really can't get into them anymore, but I wouldn't knock anyone who can.

You and Agent D are the only people I ever give a hard time to so you bet you sweet pippy I get my money worth

You're very welcome
; - )

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:17:47 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3260 on: August 30, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »

Chronicle

This movie was great, probably the best movie I have seen in a while. While I didn't find the jokes and pranks that funny, I loved that they felt so natural. It was something that I would expect kids their age and in their scenario to say and do. Definitely recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3261 on: August 30, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »

I want to see The Grandmaster. Ip Man was awesome so I'd love to see another version
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3262 on: September 05, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »

Saw Deep Impact for the first time in at least seven years and noticed at least two new things about it:

- Leo is Elijah Wood. Never noticed that and I'm not ashamed to say that's probably because it was before Lord of the Rings.
- The mass panic scenes are surprisingly orderly for a mob of people running away from almost certain death. Like when Leo abandons the motorcycle amidst a panicked evacuation and not one person tries to get out of their car and take it. Tom Cruise War of the Worlds did hysteria much better than this movie.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3263 on: September 05, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »

Chronicle

This movie was great, probably the best movie I have seen in a while. While I didn't find the jokes and pranks that funny, I loved that they felt so natural. It was something that I would expect kids their age and in their scenario to say and do. Definitely recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet.

The movie really tripped me out, it really went routes I didn't expect at ALL (I went in blind).
I hate the whole documentary thing, and the fact they record the "whole ordeal" was sometimes contrived... but shit, some parts were just so damn brutal.

Bed of Roses
Okay...hokey and horrible name aside, I thought there was a pretty poignant film.  I got sick how so many romantic comedies were about a "misunderstanding" as the crux of the problem.  In Bed of Roses, the main girl and guy are a couple who just have baggage that prevents them from being open with each other and able to completely give themselves to one another.  The main girl especially has way too much to deal with emotionally and her composure is only through keeping relations at bay only to really want to make something with the guy she's with.  I like that the film concludes through a consoling 'hug' and not a big wedding ring and a trip to Florence.

It makes a few questionable decisions, and the resolution might seem a bit soft; but I do admire how the main girl packs a taser gun in case her secret admirer is more of the "stalker" varietal.

The fella in the film is Christian Slater.  I usually love the hell out of that thick and straight Asian hair; but I gotta say, this man has always had an awesome head of hair.

Fearless
I didn't expect this film at all.  The performances were excellent and I liked how the theme or sorrow and loss is examined through a man who lost all of his life's fear after a near-death experience (daresay, it makes me feel the same when you see his blasé attitude play out; I also feel relaxed watching Office Space for the hypnotherapy magic that worked on Peter). 
Anyways, it's pretty damn well done and quite a moving film as well.  I do gotta take points off for Jeff Bridges (despite my pure love for him) pulling this weird "touched by an angel" face a few times:

Anyways, the scene of the actual crash (both of them) was amazingly well done.  THUMBS UP

I also watched a bunch of Meg Ryan chick flix.  ...that broad doesn't deserve the love in like half of these films.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:29:02 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3264 on: September 07, 2013, 09:29:31 PM »

Silver Linings Playbook -
This is a tough one. There is a ton of good here. But there is also several things that bothered me enough to knock it down a bit.
I thought Bradley Cooper was great as the nutty nutjob who just got out of nutjob prison. I found him sad and pathetic for most of the movie, which is exactly how I was supposed to feel, so good on him. He's a man with serious issues that I couldn't relate with at all, but somehow still connected.
I'm not sure why Jennifer Lawrence won best Actress for this, as she's perfectly fine here, but not really award worthy. was it simply because of her candid talk? Or perhaps they went by her dance sequences. Damn. I had no idea she had such a killer body. Anyway...
The story is ok, although it gets a tad confusing towards the end. It also falls a little too much in line with typical Rom-coms(which I would not call this movie), which I wasn't expecting.
I was bothered by some ridiculously contrived sequences like what happened at the eagles game. Then we have the dance business, which has been done ten million times before, minus how it ends. And why was Tiffany even attracted to Pat in the first place? Why did she keep pursuing him? It made no sense outside of the movie requiring it to happen. And why the HELL did Pat want his wife back after what happened? Delusional, I suppose.
The title is a bit odd, as no "playbooks" are ever referred to in any way. Silver linings a few times, yes, but no playbooks. I wonder if that's something that was in the book, but excised from the movie.
Despite the negatives, I DID like the movie. It was definitely better than a lot of other attempts in this genre. I just don't think it warranted the acclaim it got.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3265 on: September 10, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »

Fearless

You know who surprised me in this one, was Rosie Perez. Not that her performance was Oscar-worthy, but it was better than what I thought she was capable of. Very good film overall.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3266 on: September 10, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »

Fearless

You know who surprised me in this one, was Rosie Perez. Not that her performance was Oscar-worthy, but it was better than what I thought she was capable of. Very good film overall.

Agreed, her reactions were a surprise, she's a known actress, but never with such an important role usually.  She worked well here.  The whole movie I felt was very atmospheric and had a good 'air' about it that's hard to explain.  I dug it.

I didn't actually 'watch' the movie, just skimmed through to what 'looked' like the good parts, but I watched "Teeth".  It's about a girl with "vagina dentata"   She gets sexually assaulted.  Hilarity AND horror ensues.

Code:
Nothing fucking more jaw dropping and funny [?] then when her step brother goes in for the kill, and gets his pecker BITTEN OFF by vagina teeth.  The peen drops to the floor, 'released' by the vag teeth, and -- of course -- the dog gets out of the cage. ... Do I have to say when happens next?  Think to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which, by the way, is a damn good movie... better than this one, but the concept is admittedly not as unique as...vagina teeth.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3267 on: September 11, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »

"Vagina Teeth".

Nice avatar post combo there.

And to not make this just a silly remark, I finally got around to watching The World's End With You. It's pretty much uses the same formula as the other movies in the trilogy at this point, and not that the formula isn't funny but it's been three movies already so I already knew about the mounting of Chekov's Gun Rack at the beginning, the fact that it was going to be a parody of some other movie (in this case, Invasion of the Body Snatchers), and so on.

Still a decent movie all in all.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3268 on: September 11, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »

And to not make this just a silly remark, I finally got around to watching The World's End With You. It's pretty much uses the same formula as the other movies in the trilogy at this point, and not that the formula isn't funny but it's been three movies already so I already knew about the mounting of Chekov's Gun Rack at the beginning, the fact that it was going to be a parody of some other movie (in this case, Invasion of the Body Snatchers), and so on.

Still a decent movie all in all.

Yeah it's kinda weird but it sounds like the flick missed the mark for what's usually a damn fine combo.

Still, I still am amazed that Edgar Wright took a comic like Scott Pilgrim with all of it's zaniness, weirdness, and plot and made it into a damn fine flick.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3269 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Men in Black 3

Don't know if I would call it a good movie but I liked it a lot more than the second one. It was probably the cheesiest movie I have seen in a while but what do you expect from a MIB movie. Don't regret watching it at all.

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: