Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337837 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 384462 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3705 on: May 18, 2014, 12:38:09 PM »

Well, looks like everyone already covered the flaws of Godzilla for me. Saw it last night. I did enjoy it and was satisfied with it, but it could have used more Godzilla and less generic human drama for sure. I don't understand all these people complaining about him being fat.  Didn't care about him being fat at all and seems like fanboy complaining to me and my childhood was spent watching a ton of Godzilla movies. Oh well.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:09 AM »

I watched Unicorn City today, thought it was a pretty decent little indie flick.

It's a movie about a bunch of paper & pen roleplaying gamers who try to start up a city of their own in the woods, as their characters.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3707 on: May 19, 2014, 06:49:33 AM »

Saw the new Godzilla. I enjoyed it. While any and all monster movies could always use more action, I thought it had enough. Also, I do not get the "fat" comments. Godzilla looked fine. I think Pacific Rim was a better movie, but it was still enjoyable.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3708 on: May 19, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »

A lot of the 'Godzilla is fat' really comes from the poorly chosen release material and how bad the neck looks at up-closer viewing angles. For 2014's DGZ they both shortened and thickened the neck compared to older Godzilla models.

You can see it:
From the trailer roar
In the toy
And a bit more clearly in fan-artwork

My only problem with it is he looks more like an oversized snapping tutle with that neck/body proportion. Which oddly might be intentional since DGZ behaves more like Gamera than Godzilla. (Hmm, maybe I should call 2014 Gamerilla instead of DGZ.)

And for comparison:
Be it the Original...
Showa Era...
Heisei Era...
Or Millennium Era...

Godzilla's neck has always been longer and narrower than DGZ; technically making DGZ the 'fattest' Godzilla-style design to date.

Problem is he looks just fine in the movie. It's the promotional material that screwed the 'first impression' pooch.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:06:23 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: May 19, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »

I watched Unicorn City today, thought it was a pretty decent little indie flick.

It's a movie about a bunch of paper & pen roleplaying gamers who try to start up a city of their own in the woods, as their characters.

Sorry, forgot to say that I saw it free on Crackle.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3710 on: May 21, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »

I saw X-Men Days of Future Past tonight and it was great!

Pretty much the ending I expected, but that was a given with time travel movies.

The story itself was good - and didn't make me roll my eyes from contrivances, the acting was good and the movie had some good cameos.

There is a post credits scene, but you have to wait all the way to the full end of the credits for it.

Worth your valuable time!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3711 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »

Don't know if anyone has heard of this film or not, came out last year.

Passion -

With a talented director and cast I went into this expecting some trashy fun, but it was just trash. I'm on the record in my other reviews stating I hate manipulative movies and this film is one of the biggest offenders in that regard. The plot is ludicrous thanks to contrivances and implausibilities that drove me up the wall while watching. The acting isn't even very good either. Rachel McAdams was clearly out of her depth playing the bad girl and Noomi Rapace is bland. Both of them can and have done much better work in the past. The movie seems to move at a snails pace at spots too, but picks up at the end before the ending makes everything crash and burn. The movie can be nice to look at, but that was really the only redeeming quality I found while watching this. Stay away.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3712 on: May 24, 2014, 01:23:14 AM »

Watched X men Days of Future Past. Was pretty good, way better than the last few x men movies, probably best in the series actually. Quicksilver sold it though, his scenes were by far the most awesome. But I will say this much, the sentinels were upsetting a bit. All the comics show them as basically fodder, but the movie turned them into super fucking death machines.

I really recommend checking it out if you're an x men fan.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3713 on: May 25, 2014, 12:09:02 AM »

Wayne's World 2.  Haven't seen this in years. Still great. Dell the roadie is still hysterical. Also watched Spidey 2. . I knew the outcome of course but it was fun

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3714 on: May 25, 2014, 12:13:04 AM »

Wayne's World is probably the most I've seen a movie and NOT seen it's sequel. The first movie is a hallmark of my youth and a great Chicago-area movie.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3715 on: May 25, 2014, 04:09:03 AM »

Rewatched Kelly's Heroes earlier this evening. Still a great movie.

But then, any movie that makes Archie Bunker a two star General would have to be great.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3716 on: May 26, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »

Yoda, you simply MUST watch the sequel!  It has Christopher Walker AND a poorly dubbed kung fu sequence.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3717 on: May 26, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Rewatched Kelly's Heroes earlier this evening. Still a great movie.

But then, any movie that makes Archie Bunker a two star General would have to be great.

Love this flick as well. :)

Donald Sutherland cracks me up, but I can't look at Telly Salavas the same ever again ...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3718 on: May 27, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »

Watched a couple more films over the weekend.

Spectacular Now -

This is not your typical teen coming of age movie. It's smart, has good acting, and a solid story to back everything up.The only thing I didn't like was I thought it was a little unrealistic in its portrayal of teenage drinking. How could a single parent or adult not realize this guy is clearly an alcoholic and it is ruining his life? The fact that he goes to bars when he is 17 and no one questions it really irked me. Obviously this happens in the real world, but you can't tell me this guy has the entire town wrapped around his finger and no one knows or realizes he is abusing alcohol and taking this girl down with him. Other than that, I really did like the film, but I felt it would have been better served not going this unrealistic route. The chemistry with the two leads is still really good and I believed in their romance and heartbreak, which doesn't happen often in romantic films anymore. It could have been better, but this is a solid little film recommendable to a certain crowd.

Son of Batman -

Not the greatest of the recent animated Batman films, but certainly an entertaining little diversion that fans of Batman can appreciate. It has some pretty cool action sequences that are some of the best animation I've seen in a DC animated movie so far. The story is a little bit thin and the running time is short, but this is brisk and very well paced. Some of the voice acting isn't very good, but others are decent. It neither detracts or enhances the film really. I wouldn't mind a continuation of this story since it is left pretty open ended. If you like Batman I see no reason to not recommend this.

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3719 on: May 28, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »

X-Men: DoFP definitely lived up to the hype. I wish I could have avoided all those trailers or news stories I was exposed to. There would have been a few more surprises for me, oh well. Still an amazing film in its own right. I can't wait for X-Men: Apocalypse two years from now if pre-production, schedules, production +post stays on track.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: