Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330051 Posts in 13525 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 363994 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3750 on: June 18, 2014, 11:04:57 PM »

I too saw the dragon movie today.

I loved it, having never seen the first one.

Thoughts:

I saw it in 3D. I don't generally like 3D but it was.... AWESOME here. It's right up with jackass 3d in terms of staying fresh the whole movie.

The music is great but... it's a movie about Vikings but all the music sounds celtic. Maybe it's because nobody knows what Viking music sounds like but it's a little old when movies about Vikings or Gladiators just fall on making this sound like everything is from the UK.

I loved the look of everything. Especially the scene where the main character chances upon another dragon-rider above the clouds. That other character looked fantastic, like something you'd imagine in the corners of Tolkien or even a boss from the Souls series.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: June 18, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »

UHF is on tv:)  Haven't seen it in years.  Everyone should have some Weird Al once in awhile.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: June 18, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »

Spatula City!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3753 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »

UHF is on tv:)  Haven't seen it in years.  Everyone should have some Weird Al once in awhile.

CONAN THE LIBRARIAN
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JURWq4Xve1U/T5rFUtc6W3I/AAAAAAAAAVg/iHomy9bc-js/s500/conanlibrarian.gif

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »

Saw Edge of Tomorrow recently, sort of like a cross between Groundhog Day and Starship Troopers.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3755 on: June 19, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »

^Yeah, it was fun.
Grudge Match. Being a fan of Raging Bull and the Rocky movies, it was an enjoyable movIe for sure. Not as intense but still great.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: June 22, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »

Menace II  Society.  A very powerful movie from back in the 90's. If u havent seen it, U should.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3757 on: June 22, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »

CONAN THE LIBRARIAN
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JURWq4Xve1U/T5rFUtc6W3I/AAAAAAAAAVg/iHomy9bc-js/s500/conanlibrarian.gif

I prefer Gandhi 2 myself.  It's one of my mom's favorite movie moments as well.  Go figure, eh? 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3758 on: June 22, 2014, 10:51:57 PM »

I watched the LEGO movie recently and I really didn't have any interest going in. I was really impressed though.  It was a lot of fun. I'm down for a sequel..which im sure will happen.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: June 23, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »

Saw Edge of Tomorrow recently, sort of like a cross between Groundhog Day and Starship Troopers.

I saw that tonight, and it was a surprisingly good adaptation of the novel.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3760 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »

Just watched As The Palaces Burn. Fellow metal fans here should watch. Regardless if you are a fan or not. It has little to do with the music.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: July 03, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »

So I rented Transformers: Dark of the Moon because it was filmed here and it shows the city getting blowed up good. Holy fuck these movies are so stupid. It seems like the action was better though, than the 1st two movies. When two robots were fighting you could tell it was two robots and not a big ball of gears spinning around
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3762 on: July 05, 2014, 11:44:38 PM »

Watched the film pilot to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, which I found on par with the other films in the series, then again I don't think any of the Star Wars films are masterpieces, original or prequel trilogy, since I find all the films to be full of plot holes (for instance, in Empire Strikes Back, "We are fleeing into outer space with literally infinite directions to flee, however, we have decided we'll fly directly towards the fleet of Star Destroyers"), and shitty decision-making (like the Empire's refusal to shoot at the supposedly-empty escape pod with Artoo and Threepio in A New Hope, which would have prevented all events in the original trilogy). Lucas has a great imagination but isn't a very good writer, even with the help of people like Lawrence Kasdan.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3763 on: July 07, 2014, 12:32:37 AM »

Watched the film pilot to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, which I found on par with the other films in the series, then again I don't think any of the Star Wars films are masterpieces, original or prequel trilogy, since I find all the films to be full of plot holes (for instance, in Empire Strikes Back, "We are fleeing into outer space with literally infinite directions to flee, however, we have decided we'll fly directly towards the fleet of Star Destroyers"), and shitty decision-making (like the Empire's refusal to shoot at the supposedly-empty escape pod with Artoo and Threepio in A New Hope, which would have prevented all events in the original trilogy). Lucas has a great imagination but isn't a very good writer, even with the help of people like Lawrence Kasdan.

They wanted those plans so that they knew which hole to patch up, because have you seen the size of that thing? It'd take them countless time and manpower to find the particular photon torpedo access slot that linked directly to the 'detonate in case of emergencies' technobabble thingamajig. Its the same reasoning as to why there are living creatures in the garbage compactors on the detention level, the Empire got cheep and didn't want to hire an exterminator every time something escaped into one of those things.

Anyways, watched Maleficent over the weekend. That sure was a goofy movie. I don't even know where to begin with this. It was like they took the Fox News approach to Sleeping Beauty. Hell, even the guy in my avatar had the decency to turn his original name into a title when he pulled the same stunt as Maleficent. The only bits I liked were the nods to challenges Prince Philip faces in the original movie, King Stefan working the crowd (only because it was ridiculous), Angelina Jolie in a form fitting catsuit, and the almost, sorta, kinda les-yay ending (even if Prince Philip kinda sorta kiboshes it in the only actual thing he does on his own in the movie).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: July 09, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »

Saw the latest Transformers film today. Pretty much on par with its predecessors.

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: