Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Re: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« Reply #4140 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
saw Kumiko: The Treasure Hunter last night.

Very interesting movie.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: April 01, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »
Yet to see Natros post about a movie he didn't like.

50 thumbs up and no thumbs down has me interested to see him do a write up on something he actually hated.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:37 PM »
watch Going Clear, the documentary on Scientology.

Messed up stuff.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: April 02, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »

50 thumbs up and no thumbs down has me interested to see him do a write up on something he actually hated.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I'm just less prone to come here and complain about movies I don't like. Feels like a waste of energy. Unless of course, like the above instance, I feel it's so awful no one should waste their time on it.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4144 on: April 02, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »

I'm just less prone to come here and complain about movies I don't like. Feels like a waste of energy. Unless of course, like the above instance, I feel it's so awful no one should waste their time on it.

Yeah that one was a doozy.  :/
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: April 02, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »

On the one hand, I love the vitriol you had going there.  On the other, I feel like a gronk now because of how prone I am to come on here and complain about movies I don't like.  It certainly IS a waste of energy.

On a more ridiculous note:  I defy anyone to read this review of Furious 7 and not be totally convinced that it's going to be the most ridiculous and amazing piece of WWE over the top, shut your brain off spectacle they've ever seen.  I've never been so amped to experience something I was certain would do more harm than good to my fragile psyche.  A moronic masterpiece!

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2015/04/furious-7-is-the-glorious-proudly-idiotic-masterpiece-michael-bay-has-been-trying-to-make-his-entire-career/

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: April 02, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »
I have not seen a single Fast & Furious movie yet, but it is getting harder for me not to start because this is three in a row that have gotten solid to good reviews and I like a good action movie. Should I start?

(Tunnels)

• Professional Thinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: April 04, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
Saw "It Follows" with the boyfriend. I loved it, he hated it. We will resolve this disagreement with our usual method: Pistols at dawn.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: April 05, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
Wow - how many boyfriends have you gone through that way?

My wife and I watched Horns last night, and really enjoyed it.  It's a movie where Daniel Radcliffe is accused of killing his girlfriend, and for some reason grows actual horns shortly thereafter.  People start telling him all kinds of things he'd rather not hear, and he decides he needs to use his newfound powers to discover the true murderer.  We watched a Making Of feature afterwards, and man oh man does the author (Joe Hill) look like his dad (Stephen King)!

Now we're watching Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I am pretty sure I haven't seen since it was in theaters.  I have always felt like the soundtrack was amazing, but I didn't remember that it looks really good too.  It's an extremely strange and surprising choice for what's ostensibly a childrens' movie, and I might have more of an issue with it if I knew better the many ways in which it doesn't match the book (for example, I know that Quasimodo dies), but as it stands, there's a lot I like about it.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: April 05, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
Now we're watching Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I am pretty sure I haven't seen since it was in theaters.  I have always felt like the soundtrack was amazing, but I didn't remember that it looks really good too.  It's an extremely strange and surprising choice for what's ostensibly a childrens' movie, and I might have more of an issue with it if I knew better the many ways in which it doesn't match the book (for example, I know that Quasimodo dies), but as it stands, there's a lot I like about it.
Well one of the ways that the book is different is that Captain Phoebus in the book is an antagonist who just wants a one-night stand with Esmerelda (he has a fiancé). When Esmerelda is falsely accused of murder him, he stands by and lets her be executed. Needless to say, he had a good PR agent for the Disney movie. :p

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4150 on: April 05, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Saw "It Follows" with the boyfriend. I loved it, he hated it. We will resolve this disagreement with our usual method: Pistols at dawn.

This is awesome. xD

http://thefrogman.me/post/12334418871/disney-endings captures all the feelings I think.
But yeah, I'm not sure how enduring the film is as an all-ages Disney Renaissance Classic; but the music is amazing, the villain is actually unlike most (with some pretty crazy infatuation with Esmerelda -- by Disney standards anyways), and the scenery is really lovely.  Shame they had to "inject Disney" into those three statues though.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: April 09, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »
Epic - Meh. Entirely forgettable, IMO. It just seems to follow every animated movie trope from the last few decades. A hefty chunk of it feels ripped from Ferngully, actually. It's real pretty to look at, at least. Oddly enough, this was the least annoyed/most entertained I've been by Aziz Ansari yet. The one thing I did appreciate about the movie is that a romantic relationship between the 2 characters you would expect is implied, but not fully explored (stretched too thin), or forced.

Riddick - You kind of know what to expect with the Riddick films. Suspension of disbelief is a necessity. Even still, this one feels the least inspired yet. I know it's supposed to resemble Pitch Black, but just doesn't seem like it's going anywhere outside of that, and it pretty much doesn't. I like the Riddick character, and this movie has some cool moments, but for the most part, I just wasn't that entertained by it. The ending was cryptic for the sake of being cryptic... if it can so be called.

Bubble Boy - Say what you want. Yes, this movie is really dumb. Yes, I absolutely love it. Not meant to be taken seriously in any way. It goes great with a fattie and some beer. Seen it many times, but the most recent was the first time in a few years, at least. Gyllenhaal needs to do more comedy. I'm not surprised he hasn't, since this film tanked...
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: April 11, 2015, 03:34:52 AM »
So I watched Big Hero 6 yesterday.

Fistbumping will never be the same for me again.

TASTY!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: April 11, 2015, 08:06:54 AM »
So I watched Big Hero 6 yesterday.

Fistbumping will never be the same for me again.

Bwalalalala

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: April 13, 2015, 01:05:35 AM »
The Voices.  Messed up, but in a good way.  I enjoyed it.

(Ryan Reynolds is a guy whose pets speak to him... but what they tell him isn't always very nice.)
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut