Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341130 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 266 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 393793 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 02:31:40 AM »

Devils Rejects - Another bad movie. What is Rob Zombies deal with trying to get us to sympathize/cheer on the bad guys? I hear the new Halloween is just awful.

Wow, I fucking LOVE The Devil's Rejects.  Oh well, to each his own.  Anyway, I watched a shitload of movies this weekend.  Night of The Living Dead, Quest For the Holy Grail, Grandma's Boy, The Time Machine, Good Will Hunting.  Most of these i've seen many times before, save for The Time Machine(crap). The rest are all great IMO.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »

Toy Story!  I liked it.  I'm not very Metal sometimes.

:(

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

Shoot 'Em Up.

Exactly what I expected. Terrible dialogue, awful one liners, and absolutely fantastic gunfights.

It could've been called "Bullets: The Movie" or "Clive Owen Tears Shit Up" and it would've probably covered things better.

I loved it.

[/url]
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 12:22:08 PM »

The Bourne Ultimatum

Great stuff.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »

Borrowed a DVD from the school library: "Remains of The Day", based on Kazuo Ishiguro's book and starring Anthony Hopkins as well as Emma Thompson.

It was quite good, really. The movie Stevens wasn't exactly my idea of the book Stevens, but I really enjoyed the film. It gave me almost the same emotions as reading the novel.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »

I watched Reefer Madness and East Side Story. The former is a black and white film made during the forties that tried to tackle marijuana. It was so ludicrously over the top you got a sense of the hysteria. East Side Story was a collection of musicals made during the Soviet era in Russia. Rather than dance, they choreographed people working and singing about Communism.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 02:40:58 AM »

My wife and I, decided to go see Dragon Wars on an impulse. We knew nothing about the movie, except it was supposed to involve giant dragons tearing stuff up in a modern day city.

It sucked. This movie is horrible, awful, terrible, no good, just very very very very bad.

Don't go see it. Do not wish your worst enemies in the world to watch this. Do not endorse it by speaking it's name in polite company. Burn any posters of it you come across, and picket your local theaters until the movie is removed.

It would be even impossible for Uwe Boll to make a movie this bad. Yes, it's really that awful.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 02:45:27 AM »

Quote from: "Jylan"
It would be even impossible for Uwe Boll to make a movie this bad. Yes, it's really that awful.

I find this hard to believe after seeing House of the Dead. Seriously.

And... Yeah, I kinda expected that from seeing a trailer/commerical for it. I expected no good things to result from making dragons attack a city, although maybe awesomely bad things.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »

Reminds me of Reign of Fire. God, was that awful. Cool looking dragons, though. Don't you check reviews, man? At least take 30 seconds and ck Rotten Tomatoes.
I've seen:

The Devils Backbone - Guillermo Del Toro movie. Pretty good, although it was certainly not a "scary" movie like some reviews suggested. Just a good story. I'd almost compare it to Pans Labyrinth. Similar setting and tone. I liked a Pans a bit more, though.

The Lives of Others - Coincidentally, this movie won best foreign film of the year last year, over Pans labyrinth. Very good movie.  Kinda scary to think that governments can do what they do in this movie. Made me wonder about what goes on in the US nowadays, in the name of "safety".

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 12:05:37 PM »

Reminds me of Reign of Fire. God, was that awful. Cool looking dragons, though. Don't you check reviews, man? At least take 30 seconds and ck Rotten Tomatoes.
I've seen:

Normally I do, but my wife and I were out shopping and decided on a whim to go watch this. Neither of us had really seen or heard anything about it.

Eusis, while I have not seen House of the Dead, i have seen Bloodrayne. I would nominate that for an Academy award prior to recommending Dragon Wars to anyone.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007, 08:07:15 AM »

I'm about to go see the full length cut of Death Proof.

We're not getting GrindHouse in theatres here.

(I loves theatres with free net to kill time!)

And.........that was quite good.

Talky, in places, but you come to expect that from Tarantino. Overall, worth watching. And I had the theatre to myself!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 07:28:29 AM »

Planet terror, just amazing stuff xDDD. I love it

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 06:26:57 PM »

Death Proof- Honestly, I didnt get it.  To me it was just a movie about cars, girls, and some screwed up guy.  No real plot to it or anything in my opinion.  Lame.

Resident Evil Extinction- What you'd expect it to be.  Overall I enjoyed it.  It was fun, not deep or Emmy winning or anything, but I didnt expect it to be.  They sorta ended it in a continuation way, so we may see more, which is fine by me.  I know most peoples complaints are at least that it isnt JUST LIKE the game, and its like...its not supposed to be, its only BASED ON, that does not mean exactly like.  I dont think people get that, haha.  Anyways, yeah.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 12:26:17 AM »

I finally got around to watching children of men and damn if it isn't one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2007, 01:51:46 AM »

I went to a showing of Shoot 'Em Up, which was beyond awesome.

You know you're in for one hell of a ride when Clive Owen shoves a carrot into a dude's mouth and out the back of his head within the first ten minutes of the movie. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 266 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: