Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335300 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 259 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 381428 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
I finally got around to watching children of men and damn if it isn't the best movie I've seen in ever.

fixed.

[/url]
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2007, 01:30:02 AM »

I saw Resident Evil Extinction.

Cheesy, cheesy crapness.

Though not as bad as Halloween.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »

Planet Terror.

Hilariously fun, cheesy as well, but just plain gross fun.  Definitely makes up for the crap that was Deathproof.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »

Shockwaves

it's all about the zombie Nazis!!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »

Saw 300 for the first time last night. I was disappointed in the end, I guess it got hyped up a bit much for me. Plus, I feel like I had to experience it in the theaters.

Regardless, I didn't think the action was that great. In fact, I thought it was mediocre at best. I enjoyed the story a good deal though.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »

Quote from: "sandiny0ursh0es"
Saw 300 for the first time last night. I was disappointed in the end, I guess it got hyped up a bit much for me. Plus, I feel like I had to experience it in the theaters.

Regardless, I didn't think the action was that great. In fact, I thought it was mediocre at best. I enjoyed the story a good deal though.

Yeah, I just watched it for first time myself, and I agree with you. It had no actual characters, no good set pieces, and looked cheapity cheap. Very average indeed.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »

Watched Tron! I don't really get what's meant to be so good about it, though. Also re-watched Hot Fuzz a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't really any better with a second watching.

Although this isn't really a movie, I started watching the new (i.e. 4 years old) Battlestar Galactica. The miniseries was good, and season 1 wasn't quite as good. Unless it gets a lot better by the 2nd or 3rd season, I don't see whats that good about it - the phrase "not as good as Firefly" comes to mind. It even has "fake" swearing like in Firefly, though swearing in Mandarin is so much cooler than having the characters say "frack" in every second sentence.

And I'm not having any of this "drama, not sci-fi" nonsense...
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2007, 02:12:43 AM »

Saw Resident Evil Extinction today, which I truthfully enjoyed more than 300 in terms of action. I was so happy with how fast Ashanti died. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from this one-- just good action sequences really. I'm glad I didn't pay for it too-- I was goofing off with slot machines while waiting and turned $5 into $30, go me.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »

I also watched Resident Evil: Extinction. It was all right I guess. Better than the second one for sure.  I also watched 1408 which I really liked. I read to story but it was a few years ago so I went into this movie with only a general idea of what to expect.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2007, 06:25:15 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"

Although this isn't really a movie, I started watching the new (i.e. 4 years old) Battlestar Galactica. The miniseries was good, and season 1 wasn't quite as good. Unless it gets a lot better by the 2nd or 3rd season, I don't see whats that good about it - the phrase "not as good as Firefly" comes to mind. It even has "fake" swearing like in Firefly, though swearing in Mandarin is so much cooler than having the characters say "frack" in every second sentence.

And I'm not having any of this "drama, not sci-fi" nonsense...

This is where I disagree with you (and perhaps set fire to your house). I absolutely adore the new Battlestar Galactica, much moreso than Firefly. To be honest though, they're pretty different shows, despite the sci-fi element. And say what you will, but Battlestar is more than just sci-fi. I really do think you can legitimately call it a political drama, as well as a sci-fi series.

However, if you didn't like the first series, you won't like the others. I liked the second series almost as much as the first (the season 2 finale is AMAZING), but the third was a bit of a let down. The first 5 episodes were incredible, but it sloped off a bit.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »

Last three movies I've watched were:

Planet Terror (Fantastic!)

Dragon Slayer (Pretty Good)

Shoot 'Em Up (Good, in a goofy way)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 11:22:09 AM »

Watched a few DVDs recently.

American Beauty-- one of my favorite movies of all-time. I had to expose my friend to it because I couldn't believe he never saw it. The end gets me every time. *tear*

Red Box'ed Knocked Up the other night. Much hilarity. It had some really funny moments-- like when they girl and her sister couldn't get into the club and she started bitching at the doorman, or when they were shrooming to Mystere --yet it also contained some great and insightful commentary on relationships in general. The humor can get random and stupid, then abruptly switch to some very smart humor, which I appreciate. Jody, that stoned Asian chick, made me crack up, and the little girl explaining how babies were made was priceless.

Also caught Stranger than Fiction on Starz-- I need to buy the DVD. That movie is fucking awesome.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »

Batman Returns -- Good.  Like the first one.  And not like the sixteen after it.

Supersize Me -- Always fun to watch.  I love the vomitting after the quarter pounder.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture -- I have no fucking idea what was going on at all during this film.  I rate this fucking terrible out of ten.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:19 PM »

Has anyone seen Michael Clayton? I hear it's excellent, but no where near me is showing it, and I want to know if it's good enough to seek out.

[/url]
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »

The last movies I saw were:

Across the Universe (amazing, I actually saw it twice)

The Life and Times of Allen Ginsberg

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 259 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: