Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327545 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 252 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 353988 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »

Legend? As far as I knew the play dates way back to the 1800s. And it's pretty well known in the states. But what do you mean by legend? I was with the understanding that Sweeney Todd was a play/story right from the start. No legends or myths about it.

edit:
Found this on wiki:
In two books[1][2], the horror and crime story writer Peter Haining argues that Sweeney Todd was a historical figure who committed his crimes around 1800. However, other researchers who have tried to verify his citations find nothing in these sources to back Haining's claims.[3][4][5]

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

Most recent movie I've watched completely was "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry." It was a good movie, and for once Sandler had another star alongside him to make the movie even funnier.

Watched bits and pieces of Rush Hour 3. Man, Jackie Chan has gotta be like 60 years old.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2007, 02:02:39 AM »

Finally watched Live Free or Die Hard which was really good and I caught The Last Starfighter on tv a few hours ago. I haven't seen that movie in YEARS, so cheesey. Still though, it's one of the first video game related films ever.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2007, 10:05:20 AM »

Hellraiser 1&2

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Legend? As far as I knew the play dates way back to the 1800s. And it's pretty well known in the states. But what do you mean by legend? I was with the understanding that Sweeney Todd was a play/story right from the start. No legends or myths about it.

edit:
Found this on wiki:
In two books[1][2], the horror and crime story writer Peter Haining argues that Sweeney Todd was a historical figure who committed his crimes around 1800. However, other researchers who have tried to verify his citations find nothing in these sources to back Haining's claims.[3][4][5]

Hmm, I stand corrected. I think it's because EVERYONE here knows Sweeny Todd, so I guess growing up I just accepted it to be a legend, loosely based on actual events. I think I'm just using the word 'legend' incorrectly here :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2007, 08:18:10 PM »

The Simpsons Movie. It was pretty good, just wish the TV series had the same quality as the movie, or the same quality as ten years ago.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2007, 07:54:07 AM »

Watched Battlestar Galactica: Razor. It was good, but not one of the best episodes. And you already knew what was going to happen if you'd watched the series.

Also been watching season 3.
Code:
WTF Tyrell's a cylon?!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »

I caught Razor on tv the other night too. I only started getting into Battlestar this past year but now i'm hooked, it's amazing. I also watched Natural Born Killers last night. A modern day classic for sure.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »

I also saw Razor the other night, and I really enjoyed it. It's psyched me up for the fourth series, despite the fact that I won't get to see it for about a year :|

I had a stupid dream

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
I also saw Razor the other night, and I really enjoyed it. It's psyched me up for the fourth series, despite the fact that I won't get to see it for about a year :|
If they ever sort out the writer's strike... :(

Saw I Am Legend today. It was good, and the ending wasn't as bad as I'd heard.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2008, 01:42:50 AM »

Saw Superbad.

Funny, but not as good as I'd hoped. I thought the humor in 40 Year Old Virgin was a lot more classy, but Superbad had its moments.

[/url]
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2008, 05:15:43 AM »

I watched Three Burials last night, and really loved it. I was expecting a really solemn movie, but it's not like that at all. It's got it's moments of reflection, and plenty of beauty, but it's also got a big streak of black humour.

Code:
Pouring anti-freeze into the corpse comes to mind :P

I had a stupid dream

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:35 PM »

Its been awhile since I've posted in this thread, and I can't remember everything I've seen. oh well.

Transformers - Not as bad as it could have been. I was actually entertained.  I see so much potential here that will never come to fruition. bummer.

Casshern - Now THIS was interesting. Like a live action anime. It's visually amazing with gobs of well-integrated CG. There are some truly great action scenes, and the movie even gets quite thought provoking by the end.

I've got Black Sheep and Nausicca and the Valley of Wind sitting at home.  I can't believe I've never seen Nausicca. Looking forward to it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2008, 04:34:45 PM »

Last night they were showing "From Russia with Love" on TV.  I watched it.  Still my all time favorite James Bond movie.

I approve of this nonsense!
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »

Watched Superbad again. Liked it better the second time. I guess the first time I saw it I was expecting less potty humor. Knowing what to expect made it more enjoyable.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 252 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: