Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319662 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 245 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 335940 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

Just finished "The Cake Eaters". A very heartfelt little indie film that struck a cord with me. Great performances.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: April 06, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »

Saw 2 movies over the weekend:
Let the Right One In - Too much geek community hype on this one. It was OK, but I was expecting better. I'll blame the subtitles.

Bolt - I actually kinda liked this. Disney CG has improved tremendously. Plus, none of the characters were stupidly annoying, like in most movies aimed at children. There was even a few unexpectedly "sweet" moments.

BTW, still watching Battlestar. I am on disc 3 of season 2.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »

Saw me some Into the Wild Green Yonder Saturday and either I need to rewatch it to catch some of the more subtle jokes or this has to be most disappointing thing I've watched all year since the only point I lol'd was with the chase scene. :(

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 07, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Bolt - I actually kinda liked this. Disney CG has improved tremendously. Plus, none of the characters were stupidly annoying, like in most movies aimed at children. There was even a few unexpectedly "sweet" moments.

I'm glad you liked it.  I've mentioned before that the voice of the hamster was done by a very good friend of mine, so although I liked it quite a bit, I think I was kind of biased.  I wondered what people without that bias thought of it. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: April 07, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »

I'm glad you liked it.  I've mentioned before that the voice of the hamster was done by a very good friend of mine, so although I liked it quite a bit, I think I was kind of biased.  I wondered what people without that bias thought of it. :)

That's so awesome dude. The hamster stole the show for me.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: April 07, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

Just watched The Host, a South Korean movie. I saw the last 2 minutes on G4, and they don't play that many bad movies, so I rented it on Netflix and liked it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »

Watched Oldboy. Didn't like it.

kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2009, 01:35:18 AM »

Watched Oldboy. Didn't like it.

Hands down one of my favorite movies ever.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2009, 07:47:23 AM »

Oldboy seems to be a love it or hate it kind of show, from what I've read.  People don't seem to say "eh, it was OK."

Oh, forgot to say I watched Yes Man on the plane this weekend.  It wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched, but I did think he bought into the saying yes to everything covenant junk way too easily.  Maybe I'm underestimating the power of peer pressure, but I'm thinking many folks would have said yes in the meeting in front of everyone, then not actually done anything.

Of course, that'd make a pretty crappy movie: "No Man Who Buckled for Five Seconds in Front of a Huge Crowd of Strangers." :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »

I still consider Yes Man to be a remake of Liar Liar.

In fact I really don't recall Jim Carrey showing up in any decent movies lately.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: April 08, 2009, 08:24:53 PM »

I still consider Yes Man to be a remake of Liar Liar.

Yeah, they did seem pretty much the same, but I thought Liar Liar was hilarious so it made me kind of interested in Yes Man

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:49 AM »

I rewatched Slumdog tonight on blu-ray (bought a copy!). I can't get enough of that movies awesomeness.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: April 11, 2009, 02:40:48 AM »

Dragonball Evolution. I saw it with a couple of mates. It was shit. Absolute shit. However, I was expecting it to be shit.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: April 13, 2009, 02:52:20 AM »

Watched the original "When A Stranger Calls." Good stuff. I also watched the leaked "Wolverine" that's been floating around the net. It was pretty good if you like the X-Men movies at all.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: April 13, 2009, 02:58:28 AM »

I re-watched far too many movies this weekend because I had a friend over from college and he always goes through my blu-ray collection and picks out ones to watch that he hasn't seen (I have almost 50 movies on blu-ray).

Besides the aforementioned Slumdog, I also rewatched Sunshine, Rachel Getting Married, Appaloosa, and The Prestige.

Sunshine I liked even more the second time. I firmly believe that it deserves to be considered a classic sci-fi movie from out decade.

Rachel Getting Married is still a mesmerizing film and one of the best I have ever seen. Anne Hatheway is a powerhouse.

Appaloosa is pretty good, probably my least favorite of the ones I rewatched. I don't like Zellweger in that role. They should have picked someone else. Ed Harris and Mortensen are great though and I like the themes presented.

The Prestige I couldn't remember hardly at all because I haven't seen it since when it first came out, and I absolutely loved it...again. I still can't get over all the little details put into the movie once you know the twists and stuff. It's staggering. I rewatched parts of it again just to see stuff like that. I also went to some forums to read all the speculation about the story of the film which is probably as ambiguous as they come. Love it.

Good weekend of movie watching I'd say. I'll probably watch Doubt tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 245 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: