Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 378527 times)
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »

Watched Fast & Furious.  It was pretty good but there was a large chunk of the movie where I almost fell asleep, car scenes included.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: April 14, 2009, 06:17:57 PM »

Saw "Funny Games" with my sister recently. It was alright. While I can see that the directors' tricks are intriguing, I found it a little bit boring on the whole. Meh.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »

Finished off the Mission Impossible series today with # 3. Meh to this movie and the entire series in general. Doesn't deserve its popularity.

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2009, 01:48:45 AM »

I just saw Rocket Science. I was not expecting such a good movie when I TiVo'd it, just thought I'd atleast get some laughs out of it. This one completely surprised me, I was totally invested in the characters and loved how it never resorted to the same ol' plot devices of similar movies. 

Also watched Priceless, very enjoyable French romantic comedy, though I ain't the biggest fan of those types of movies. I loved the two leads, Gad Elmaleh and Audrey Tautou, they worked together perfectly.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: April 15, 2009, 02:26:37 AM »

Forgot to mention that I watched Doubt. Good movie. Very good performances.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »

Saw "Funny Games" with my sister recently. It was alright. While I can see that the directors' tricks are intriguing, I found it a little bit boring on the whole. Meh.

I also saw this very recently (the American version). I did enjoy it, but I can also see the boring side. I admire how it offers a more realistic view of what might happen in that situation (the cavalry never arriving to save them), but then it's devices like those that make movies more exciting to watch.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

The Spirit. One of the worst movies I have ever seen, and it certainly was no where close to being a guilty pleasure.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: April 16, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »

Watched Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day. I enjoyed it. Amy Adams was great and Frances McDormand was her usual awesome.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: April 17, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »

I also saw this very recently (the American version). I did enjoy it, but I can also see the boring side. I admire how it offers a more realistic view of what might happen in that situation (the cavalry never arriving to save them), but then it's devices like those that make movies more exciting to watch.

Yeah, I saw the American version as well. My sis tells me that it's easier to appreciate the film while keeping in mind the Austrian/German mindset although I'm not quite sure what that mindset is these days. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: April 17, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »

I watched "Doubt" last night. I really don't see what all the fuss was about. The performances were really good but the story was obvious and ...I don't know. Something about it just didn't jive with me, the writing seemed sketchy or something. It was alright though.  Btw, is it just me or do Philip Seymour Hoffman sound EXACTLY like John Goodman??

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: April 17, 2009, 11:49:49 PM »

I saw Adventureland earlier. I don't find it totally awesome, but it was enjoyable and liked the fact for a comedy, it did not try to cram in a bunch of crude or slapstick jokes. It felt down to earth and natural.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »

I just finished watching "Caprica". It was pretty good and I'm looking forward to more.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: April 18, 2009, 05:22:22 PM »

Been on a vampire kick and watched "Interview with the Vampire" and "30 Days of Night." I really enjoyed "Interview," and 30 Days was okay. Really glad they didn't change much for it, but then again, the orginal graphic novel was fairly simple to begin with.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: April 18, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »

The Tale of Despereaux. I enjoyed it more than Bolt and Coraline (the other two animated movies I've seen this year).

Edit: Just finished Happy-Go-Lucky. It's a little too long, but Sally Hawkins is great and by the end you actually understand the point of the movie and the last few scenes are pretty emotional. I'm really starting to like character studies.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:08:58 AM by Blace » Logged

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: April 19, 2009, 02:42:46 AM »

So I just saw Watchmen tonight.  I can see why this movie didn't go over too well in Georgia.  Fortunately my quite a bit more disturbing anime shows made those particular elements not a big deal for me.  The movie theater copy seemed to be pretty bad though because it cut out at a particular spot and it was often out of focus (which based on the fact it wasn't mentioned anywhere doesn't seem to have been intentional). 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: