Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319800 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  I got a hankerin for some Transformers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I got a hankerin for some Transformers  (Read 862 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:40:34 AM »

So yeah...saw the movie for the third time now and I'm still obsessed.

I've seen the original animated movie, and plan on buying it...but now i want one of the animated series.

Looking at Wikipedia there are several different series that have occurred and I have no clue where to start. I dont think I'm gonna be able to go back and watch the original series from the 80s....I tried watching some of the cartoons i used to watch back in the day (GI Joe, Centurions, Volton (even though it has a nice spot in my heart))...and they're horrid.

I remember watching a couple episodes of Beast Wars and I remember it being interesting. Then there's Armada which i hear was handled poorly.

I'm kinda torn...anyone have any suggestions?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 03:56:51 AM »

Beast Wars seems to still be well loved, I liked the old movie when I watched it recently even if it was admittedly cheesy, and can't really comment on the original series and the anime stuff of recent years.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »

Beast Wars and Beast Machines is great. The animation is pretty good (especially for BM) and the story's pretty great too. Optimus Primal makes a leading role because he's not the perfect manly robot guy that Prime was.

generation 1 is still good, IMO, but the animation (and dialogue) can grate on you if you're too used to stuff released these days.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: