Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329308 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Best ethnic accent?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Best ethnic accent?  (Read 5552 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
If anybody says english make sure you specify. You probably mean some posh southern tone ;(

Scouser, mate.

;D

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 06:16:01 PM »

There are so many hideous English accents. Scouser and Geordie are probably the worst.

Fortunately for me I have the posh Southern kind :D

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
There are so many hideous English accents. Scouser and Geordie are probably the worst.

YOU SPACK I HAVE WORKED IN COAL MINES LIKE 30 YEARS TO DEVELOP THIS WORKING CLASS YORKSHIRE ACCENT.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »

Yorkshire is notable for one thing.

Pudding, baby.

Cornwall is notable for one thing.

Cornish pasties.

Brum is notable for one thing.

Rob Halford's Delicious Deli Style Porkers.

Everyone says that since I've returned, I have developed a bit of a Blighty accent.  Makes me suicidal as it would have been a Mancunian accent...

Bollocks.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »

English accents are cool if they make you sound like a fucking professor or an intellectual or something. HOWEVER, whatever fucking awful English accent where people pronounce "With" as "Wiff" needs to die. It's so fucking annoying. Also, cockney I guess could be cool if you're like a 50 something portly chimney sweep with a tophat.

CULTURAL INSENSITIVITY

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 05:37:59 AM »

My biggest gripe with the English accent: people who say 'haitch' instead of 'aitch' (H). LEARN TO TALK PROPERLY.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 06:29:05 AM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
English accents are cool if they make you sound like a fucking professor or an intellectual or something.

Yep.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »

My biggest gripe with the English accent: people who say 'haitch' instead of 'aitch' (H). LEARN TO TALK PROPERLY.

I spent about six months in Ireland when I was younger, and everybody pronounced it "haitch."

Also, Brazilian hawt.

[/url]
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 12:34:15 PM »

Friend of mine does that, he's an irish dude.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »

Quote from: "Takezo"

YOU SPACK I HAVE WORKED IN COAL MINES LIKE 30 YEARS TO DEVELOP THIS WORKING CLASS YORKSHIRE ACCENT.

I don't know how you'd describe my accent; it's certainly /not/ a Lancashire accent as it should be this far north. I think you'd call it the Middle-Class Educated Northern accent, now I think about it.

I agree with the "haitch" thing, by the way. But thats probably because I'm a miserable sod who hates it when people don't talk properly... :P

I'll have to second Icelandic. Very, very sexy. Though I'm not exactly sure that Fran's voice actor is from Iceland - her name certainly doesn't look like she is. Still, I love her voice.

I don't think Fran's voice actor is Icelandic, as occasionally her voice lapses into something not that different from a British accent. There was something about her voice, but I think it was just weird. (actually Fran was just weird in general) Fran's Japanese voice actress sounded a lot sexier to me.

As for my favourite accents... For women, it's eastern accents, and for guys, it's a Jamaican accent. The former of those is because those accents sound sexy, and the latter is because Jamaican accents are always the funniest in videogames. NOT for the same reason as the women's accents.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »

I'm going to have to also include Japanese accents. Sexy. Even though it's Engrish, but whatever. :P
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »

I hate most accents besides my own, but I have a particular hatred for New England and their fucking pahks (parks) and their fucking dohwahs (doors).  If you live there, do me a favor:  head east till you hit the ocean, then keep going.

My favorite accent?  Mine, of course.  But not that horrible "car = cah" shit; that drives me up the damn wall.  Thankfully nobody younger than ninety-five speaks like that anymore.

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »

Quote from: "CastNuri"
Quote from: "Marshmallow"
English accents are cool if they make you sound like a fucking professor or an intellectual or something.

Yep.

what foul bit of propaganda made americans think anything about that accent denoted intelligence. Oh luls.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I hate most accents besides my own, but I have a particular hatred for New England and their fucking pahks (parks) and their fucking dohwahs (doors).  If you live there, do me a favor:  head east till you hit the ocean, then keep going.

My favorite accent?  Mine, of course.  But not that horrible "car = cah" shit; that drives me up the damn wall.  Thankfully nobody younger than ninety-five speaks like that anymore.

Everyone else hates your accent, which is why you keep failing at Brain Age. :P

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 05:19:23 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
I'm going to have to also include Japanese accents. Sexy. Even though it's Engrish, but whatever. :P

I'll second that; Japanese accents were one of the things I meant by Eastern Accents. Though I think Japanese women sound a lot sexier when speaking Japanese...

As for annoying accents, Cockney accents definitely annoy me - particularly that rhyming slang thing. Oh and British people who use Americanisms. If they're going to try to sound American, they should go all the way and get the accent - using calloquialisms with the wrong accent is just, well, wrong.

The best accent ever, though, is the Pirate accent. XD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: