Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331782 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The "Games you're looking forward to" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The "Games you're looking forward to" thread.  (Read 14701 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »

Sounds good.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Blackjack

scott_790@msn.com HappiiyNeurotic scootermcgaffin
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »

Looking forward to Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Suikoden V, and Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 01:16:22 PM »

The games I'm looking forward to are Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts: From the New World, MGS 3:Subsistence, Oblivion, Kingdom Hearts 2, Disgaea 2, FFXII, Metal Saga, Yggdra Union, Okami, Steambot Chronicles, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2, Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess.

Maybe Tales of the Abyss and Rogue Galaxy if they get localized. Pretty likely.
ILuSt1

ilustriousk
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 01:44:07 PM »

I am really looking foward to Disgaea 2, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Atelier Iris 2 (i love the art style of this game).  I am also highly anticipating Oblivion. That game is going to rock!

Currently Playing (rpg): Grandia II
Recently Finished (rpg): La Pucelle Tactics

Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy (ps2)
Recently Finished: Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 02:24:21 PM »

You know, I have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but Oblivion looks so sexy that I have to give it a try. I do play as much on the PC, but I will play that game for sure. It will let me share the TV a little more with my chick.

On the console front, I have learned my lesson with getting all excitied for too many games. My bank account doesnt like it, and I end up with 10 games that are still sealed.^^

I will play the new Shadow Hearts, which is a killer series. I will replay 1 and finally beat 2 when I buy the third one. I havent seen much on Devil Summoner either, but what I have seen is pretty hot. DDS1 rocked my world and DDS2 would have been awesome if not for
Code:
all the fucking characters dying on me after I twinked them out
. I will buy this game if it comes to this side of the pond.

Another game I am excited for is FF12. I didnt really like 10 so much, and I had to almost go to rehab for FFXI. The demo with DQ8 really made me a bit excites for it. It is something new and fresh. I love playing MMOs, but dealing with some many personalities is hard, so if I can play an RPG that is something like an off-line MMO, I am all for it. It will mix things up a bit.

Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 10:47:21 PM »

Shadow Hearts from the new world, Kingdom Hearts II, and MGS3:subsistence.  

But I am really looking forward to Shadow hearts, I have been a fan since the beginning and the suspense is killing me. I preordered it two months ago...must have.

I'll probably be banned in 3...2...1...

Sayonara retaado-chan. ^________^
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 12:33:33 AM »

Hmmmm...

I'm really looking forward to:
    [*]Phantasy Star Universe
    [*]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    [/list]
    Those are the two games i'm really looking forward to, but there are others I wouldn't mind playing. Just not as much hype.

Dincrest
    A-class rider (in training)
    RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »

As far as console games go, I am definitely looking forward to Ar-Tonelico.  I absolutely LOVED Atelier Iris- Eternal Mana.  If I were to write a review of the game, it would read verbatim like Pat/Ramza's review save for the fact I didn't like the voice acting in either language.  And Ar-Tonelico's more futuristic vibe is definitely up my alley, because I like the sci-fi/magic hybrids like Phantasy Star.  

I'm also looking forward to various PC adventure games.  A Vampyre Story seems cool.  It's done by a team of ex-Lucas Arts people and IMO Lucas Arts were like the Square-Enix of the graphic/point-and-click adventure genre.  The game certainly appears to have that sense of humor I love so much in games like Grim Fandango or Maniac Mansion.  That game still doesn't have a publisher yet, though, as far as I know.

Keepsake seems interesting.  I'm always a sucker for stories that are set in schools and Dragonvale academy certainly seems like a cool magical school to explore.  

And since I'm such a Hirameki fanboy, I like to keep an ear to the ground regarding just about anything they release in the US.  Ever 17 was one of the best video games I've played in my entire life.  Even now after having not played it in a long time due to lack of time, I STILL think about the game.  If they bring over Remember 11, I'll just die.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
    Marona

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »

Oo lets see here, there are quite a few games im looking forward to coming up this year (hopefully). Okami, Chulip, Suikoden V and all of those nice little goodies that atlus are gracing us with as well to name a few off of the top of my head. I can also assume and hope that a new Castlevania game is in the works and on its way too!
    LHX

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 02:01:42 AM »

seriously

i think i am looking for a game that doesnt exist

a hybrid between
    shenmue
    earthbound
    pokemon
    chrono trigger
    final fantasy xiv
    riviera
    and some sports titles

i cant get no satisfaction

i call bluffs
    John
    Administrator

DeceptiJohn
    View Profile WWW Email
    « Reply #40 on: March 06, 2006, 02:44:28 AM »

Quote from: "LHX"
    seriously

i think i am looking for a game that doesnt exist

a hybrid between
    shenmue
    earthbound
    pokemon
    chrono trigger
    final fantasy xiv
    riviera
    and some sports titles

i cant get no satisfaction

So you want a football game where you ask people if they have seen a man in a black car while hitting Mr. Saturn with a bat and collecting pikachus throughout time, while doing everything with a point and click interface in a game that doesn't exist (Final Fantasy 14?).

That makes sense.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
    Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
    View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
    « Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 03:14:44 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
    So you want a football game where you ask people if they have seen a man in a black car while hitting Mr. Saturn with a bat and collecting pikachus throughout time, while doing everything with a point and click interface in a game that doesn't exist (Final Fantasy 14?).

That makes sense.

-John

Are we talkin' football or american football? This could make or break the game here.

Marona

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 04:31:07 AM »

very interesting, although it sounded to me like you are looking for a game where you play as a haphazzard youth who weilds a baseball bat and psychic powers while moonlighting as a poke-trainer. but this wouldnt really change anything because ash and ness share a very similar likeliness to eachother. The adventure starts off foot at a local carnival where (nash), our hero, bumps into a mysterious girl (marlmisty) knocking her amulet off. From there our hero, his new friend, and a childhood friend (paulluca) embark on thier journey after he is accused of raping (marlmisty) but makes his getaway in a black hurst with the ability to transcend time where he will realize he must defeat his arch nemesis - the infamous former canadian curling champion (Lavomewtwostarman) before the future of the world is turned into a wasteland where people eat shattered hopes and dreams, along with pokemon.

This game will also include a playable demo for the much anticipated FFXIV - the first final fantasy game featuring a myst like interface, but unfortunatly the project will get axed before its release on the XBOX 360.
    CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #43 on: March 06, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

Quote from: "Marona"
    ....Chulip....

Oh my I thought I was the only one looking forward to this.  I didn't list it since there seems to be a debate whether or not it will get released here.  Some people think it's been canceled.  I know the fan had a preview of the game but I haven't heard anything about it since from here or other media sources.  I can't even find it on Natsume's website.  I would really like the "kissing" game to come here since I'm a big fan of the quirky titles.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
    Dade
    Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #44 on: March 06, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

Time to contribute something to this thread.

Suikoden 5
    Shadow Hearts 3
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    DMC 4
    Final Fantasy XII
    WoW 2 The Burning Crusade
    Zelda 48: Twighlight Princess

Edit: wanted to keep the whole numbering thing going, since every game i am looking forward to this year seems to be a part of an existing series.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
    XBL: ToddJameson
    PSN: toddjameson
    Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
    "Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: