Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335216 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The "Games you're looking forward to" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The "Games you're looking forward to" thread.  (Read 15192 times)
LHX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »

a rpg with the epic feel of shenmue
random battles with the addictiveness of pokemon
and
the unpredictability of warioware
character interaction with the dating-sim feel of riviera
the sci-fi time travel aspect of chrono trigger
the philosophy of earthbound

and call it final fantasy xiv so i dont have to worry about it not hitting stores in north america

we can scrap the sports idea
unless there is gonna be some mini-games
or franchise mode involved in this imaginary rpg

i call bluffs
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »

One of Gast's news reports today mentioned Kaneko talking about a new Persona game.  Persona is my favorite sub-series under the Megami Tensei umbrella.  I wonder of the DS/PSP Persona games will be all-new titles or a remake or a prior Persona title.  As long as it's not a chibi SD Persona in the vein of DemiKids I'll be happy, although DemiKids *did* have some cameos by Persona characters (I mention this in my review of the games.)  http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/demikids/index.html

So I may have to add that one to my list.  Oh, and Dreamfall.  I loved The Longest Journey and the sequel supposedly plays more like Beyond Good and Evil which I thought was one of the best games that nobody played.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2006, 05:12:09 PM »

I would MURDER for a PSP MegaTen/Persona game.

Seriously....point and I'll kill it.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 06:20:56 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
I would MURDER for a PSP MegaTen/Persona game.

Seriously....point and I'll kill it.

LHX looks disposable, so go kill him.

I really oughta play through TLJ sometime - I would've earlier, but this PC has some audio skipping that annoys the hell out of me. Maybe I'll try it on the other PC later.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

There isnt much that I am looking forward to that much. A lot of my interests liek Twilight Princess, Disgaea 2 (English) and a few others seem to far away.

I am excited about Suikoden V personally since I really want to know what is going on in English (played a bit of the Japanese version) and been at a Suikoden spree so bring it on. I want my Suikoden stuff!

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CoheedIV
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

Man, their is alot of games that i'm excited about.Zelda is probaley going to be the one i want  to see really bad though. Final Fantasy XII is a other good one.Resident Evil 5 looks awsome.

HEY GUYS, COHEED AND CAMBRIA
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 11:06:28 PM »

Xenosaga III
Kingdom Hearts II
Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidoh
Persona III
Zelda (but it's probably going to be a long wait)

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
ToxicTears

faeryll direcharm
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »

Well, of the games that aren't out yet, the ones that I most look forward to are FFXII and Suikoden V.

Of the ones that are out that I have yet to buy due to money, the ones I most anticipate are Grandia III, Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden IV(to complete the series, no matter the reviews on IV), Shadow Hearts From the New World, and the two Wild Arms games that came out recently.

As to my backlog, I highly anticipate completing DQVIII and getting into Digital Devil Saga 1&2, as I really loved SMT: Nocturne. I've also got Radiata Stories and Tales of Symphonia waiting on me, I didn't get any of these games til Christmas, so I'm very behind.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 01:21:03 AM »

I am looking forward to Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2.  I played the first game and thoroughly enjoyed it.  As such I am looking forward to its prequel so I can learn more about the game's world.  I am also looking forward to Ar Tonelico.  I hope someone picks the game up for US release, if it hasn't been already.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »

Wait until Grandia 3 is 19.99, it wont take that long. You will thank me later. For 50 bucks, it needs to buy you dinner. 19.99 is a fair trade though.

I am not sure if I can afford to get Oblivion. I will buy it at some point very soon, but not at right away. I think I will get Suikoden 5.

Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:21 PM »

Xenosaga III - I liked the first, loved the second, and judging by the trailers I've seen of the third, it looks to be the best of the bunch.

Final Fantasy XII - no explanations needed

Final Fantasy VI, GBA - Never played it yet and I do have Anthology for PS1, but I hate the load times plus there are games I'd rather replay while at home.  Same thing happened with FFIV, I have Chronicles, but never played and beaten FFIV until the GBA version came out. (On a side note, I did finish Chrono Trigger)

Disgaea 2 - Disgaea is basically the only Nippon Ichi game I've liked.

Xenosaga I & II - I'm a Xenosaga fan.

Tales of the Abyss - Hopefully if Namco decides to bring this over, it'll be one of my most anticipated.  The intro is unbelievably good.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2006, 08:44:52 AM »

im looking forward to only 2 games right now
 Phantasy Star universe

and
Final Fantasy XI:Treasures of Aht Urhgan
bluemage ,corsair ,and puppetmaster thank you

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
One of Gast's news reports today mentioned Kaneko talking about a new Persona game.  Persona is my favorite sub-series under the Megami Tensei umbrella.  I wonder of the DS/PSP Persona games will be all-new titles or a remake or a prior Persona title.

Sorry, I did not see your post until today, Neal. We now obviously know that the new game is Persona 3, but the DS and PSP games are still pretty much a mystery. Atlus apparently announced them without thinking about their development capabilities back then. If they ever get around to actually make those two games, they will apparently end up being remakes of previous installments.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »

Could this possibly mean a PSP release of Innocent Sin? Cause seriously, with how hard it can be to find Eternal Punishment....and with how games are steadily heading to a more mature audience an I.S. port would be very welcome if you ask me.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 02:29:03 PM »

Very well possible, Dade.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: