Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330159 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Any FFXI players still around and Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Any FFXI players still around and Discussion  (Read 23778 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

I HEARD THAT THE BEST MMO EVER IS NOT WOW OR FFXI OR EVEN EVERQUEST.  IT IS HABBO HOTEL.

HABBO HOTEL LETS YOU BUY COOL STUFF LIKE HATS AND CHAT WITH YOUR FRIENDS.  I MEAN, WHAT OTHER GAME COULD DO THAT?

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 04:38:05 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i want to clairify something. i wasnt miffed about the 2H buff persay. i do enjoy playing drg after all.

it was the combination of the 2h buff,1h got an accidental nerf though i wonder if it was a temporairly intentional thing,and lastly SE hasnt thrown monk a bone in a longass time unless you count +mind and vit gear as bones.
What buff would MNK need? Afaik they were top DDs already...
I think BLM and PLD need an adjustment to be more merit-friendly. Specially PLD, BLM can solo at least.

Personal rant: I was finishing leveling my WAR right before I quit just so I could get merits for my PLD, since my lolDDPLD only got to merit with much effort and never would get past chain#20. I never bitched about the PLD job though, since I always got a lot of action in endgame anyways and it is my favorite job in the game.. If I came back to the game and remade my char I would probably level PLD again, but it would be my second job to 75 this time, first I would take COR, RDM or BRD for sure (probably COR or RDM, I wouldnt stand playing BRD in endgame). Just to make sure I could merit the PLD once it reached 75.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »

Tried a lil' 6-man Suzaku challenge (on Firesday!) w/ my linkshell today.  We whittled the bird down to ~38% but were unfortunately owned.

Edit - At least Genbu was kind enough to cough up his Kabuto, Shield, M.Hands, and W.Feet 30 minutes later!

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 06:35:45 AM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
It's cool to see Great Axe getting some well-deserved lovin' after all these years.. People will still camp for Ridill though, right? =P

Yeah, people camp Fafnir nonstop for Ridill, but good luck ever getting the god-damn thing. In the off chance that drops, you're probably competing against several other people for it, assuming your LS even lets you lot it in the first place.

Hell, I've been playing since US Launch and I still only have one job at 75, haven't finished CoP, don't have a single item from HNMs  (Unless you count sky, of which I have one Shura Kabuto I haven't used to date), and still don't have the only piece of armor I've been trying to get for months (Haidate, had a chance but ultimately got #2 on the lot, though the guy who got #1 deserved it just as much so I'm not really complaining).

Though, granted I play way less than pretty much everyone, so your mileage will vary. :P
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »

Byakko's Haidate is the most demanded item in my LS.  Everyone is like "Osode?  W.Legs?  Pfft... HAIDATE PLZ."  There are a couple folks who have been waiting well over a year for it.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »

Well, I don't really know how long I've tried to get it, since I don't really keep track, but I'm pretty sure it's at least a year. Maybe 2. Can't remember.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »

At least SE fixed Ullikummi (which, at least on Leviathan, was previously monopolized by the RMT) so more people have a decent shot at fighting Byakko these days.

Since coming back, though, I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find low-level parties.  Everyone just merits.  I wanna take THF from 25 to 37 as a WAR support job, it's JP prime time right now, but there are a whole THREE people from 24-26 looking for a group.  Bah.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:33 AM »

Yeah, Ulli got a lot better, but Despot became annoyingly difficult to get (Which I believe they fixed in a recent patch). We'll have to see if RMT can overcamp anything else now.

Lowbies are pretty underpopulated because of the small amount of new players and the general unfriendliness of people to new players, on which I really agree with Jylan. As I recall, there's a pretty healthy increase in French/German players, but I dunno if they tend to be on certain servers more than others. Leviathan is a pretty old server, so I doubt we'll be getting any new players in large amounts.

I level a lot of lowbies, so maybe we can try to organize a party when I get back onto Leviathan.
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »

I liked camping Ulli against RMTs. It was leet tension man. XD But yeah, the fix was sweet, as well as all the other modifications they made on that same patch (the patch came out a week after I quit btw, go figure lol)

Oh and Hathen, I have camped Fafhogg before and actually got some trophies to show of it on my char X) But I thought Ridill was gonna lose some importance with WARs using GAxe now..
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

I really want to give FFXI another shot, since I loved it before. Is there some way to retrieve my old account?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »

Ironically enough, after complaing about the "no low-level parties" thing, 30 minutes later I found a good one and went from 25 THF to 27.5 THF in a couple hours. \m/

Dagg - SE claims that character information is "unretrievable" if the account is inactive for more than three months, but personally, I think it is a bluff.  I've been inactive for 6-12 month periods before and was *always* able to re-activate my Content IDs.  If you manually deleted the characters on your account, then they are gone forever, but if you simply stopped the monthly payments (by cancelling Content IDs), there's a good chance you can come back.  Which you should, because aside from the low influx of new players, FFXI is really in a "golden age" right now... the economy's great, the RMT have been banned for the most part, and the overwhelming strictness about party construction and so forth has been relaxed considerably.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »

Thanks Shigs. The worst case scenario is I spend the 19.99 and get it new and start from scratch. Either way I will be on your server, since that's where my characters are.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »

Yeaeh, Louise's account was dormant for a year and her characters were still there!  So there's a good couple thousand gil that we'll be able to use to outfit ourselves once my copy shows up in the mail.  :P

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that even if your character is deleted, you can try talking to a GM or something and they'll help you get it back.

You can only do it once, though, as far as I know.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2007, 12:16:44 PM »

i was inactive for a year and my characters were still there when i came back. when i say inactive i mean my account  was deactivate due to a lack of funds in my bank account. i think you are fine as long as you didnt delete them yourself.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: