Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327926 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Any FFXI players still around and Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Any FFXI players still around and Discussion  (Read 23331 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:53 PM »

Ya'll suck.

I'm kinda getting bored with WoW (since I only seem to play for more than an hour on Fridays for raiding) and I've wanted a good PC game to play lately. So i reinstalled FFXI.

All my old stuff is gone since I dont even recall my old info. Oh well, didnt really have that much progress anyway.

Started a new character on Leviathan this morning. Caladan the 4 WAR.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »

Hell yes you did! Gogo FFXI!

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »

I really want to get into this game but I have to buy it again if I want to play, and I need to buy a new controller for my PC since I can not play FFXI with the keyboard. Maybe soon. It's hard to put aside WoW when I have put so much time playing it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
I really want to get into this game but I have to buy it again if I want to play, and I need to buy a new controller for my PC since I can not play FFXI with the keyboard.

It's cheap-as-hell.  The Vana'diel Collection 2007 comes w/ the main game and all three expansions for $19.99.  A PS2-USB adaptor can be bought @ Radio Shack for like $9.99 (or less, maybe).  You could be up-and-running again for under $30.

On a side note: Corsair is the greatest job in the known universe.  Corsair's Roll gives a 7%-24% EXP Bonus to the entire party.  That's SEXY.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2007, 08:58:59 PM »

Yeah, our second copy (if it ever arrives in the post) is the one with the three expansions.  Cost us 30ish bucks after taxes and shipping?  Defnately not bad, since WoW and ONE expansion cost, like, double that.

And FUCK YEAH.  I'm playing a Mithra Corsair for sure now, Shiggy.  :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 08:51:03 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Yeah, our second copy (if it ever arrives in the post) is the one with the three expansions.  Cost us 30ish bucks after taxes and shipping?  Defnately not bad, since WoW and ONE expansion cost, like, double that.

And FUCK YEAH.  I'm playing a Mithra Corsair for sure now, Shiggy.  :P

Yeah, but I already own WoW so I don't need to buy it again =P
The other downside is that WoW is paid up until January. My major obstacle at the moment is getting my wife back into FFXI. I am all for it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »

:(

To compound matters for us, our copy should have arrived on the 21st, but now it's the 24th and no game!  So I sent Caiman a dirty email complaining about their shit service.

The wife and I were supposed to level up together, but Caiman are taking so long, she's already level 16 and I haven't even started yet.  :(((

So now I'm posting Mithra hentai in 4chan in hopes that one of the /v/irgins there will send me a buddy pass.  :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2007, 10:21:08 AM »

I just ordered 2 copies today since every store in the area was out of it. I should get it by the end of the week. I sure wish I could remember my information from before since they are starting a Return to Vanadiel thing tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot how much it costs each month to play and is it still only one character per account unless you buy a content ID?

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 11:21:25 AM »

$12.95/month for one character, each additional character is $1.00/month.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »

Oh and that reminds me of the one other thing I disliked.  Their half assed subscription purchase that doesnt work normally.  Instead its every 1st, so you get the game, quit, then decide to come back and buy a month on the 27th or so, and bam, 12.95 for like 4 days...that really sucked.

Still, it has an appeal to it...

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2007, 06:08:43 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"

Blech. I was hoping they did away with that. Oh well.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

Blech. I was hoping they did away with that. Oh well.

the addtional dollar does not matter much since your one character can do every job. I just got an extra character for a mule.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »

This story should evoke some... uh, "nostalgia" from current and former players:

JP asshole named "Chibinishi," Rank 5, invites me to a Maze of Shakhrami PT while I am in Valkurm.  I use a Scroll of Instant Warp, head back to Whitegate, buy an Imperial Silver Piece, warp over to Windurst, then run out to the zone (which takes a good 10 mins)... only to fight TWO WORMS and have the party disband.  I could have earned 4x that much experience soloing on my own in the time spent running around and throwing away conquest points.  Could have been worse, I guess... I didn't die, thankfully.

Moral of the story: From Levels 1 ~ 20 (and sometimes a little further, depending on your luck), Final Fantasy XI still sucks copious amounts of balls.  Thanks to the Empress Band and other modifications, it's a little less painful than in the past, but still... the incompetence of low-level players (or "n00bs" if you will) never changes.  Everyone rejoining the game recently - be patient and weather through the tough levels, like I am currently enduring on my Corsair, lol.

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »

This story should evoke some... uh, "nostalgia" from current and former players:

JP asshole named "Chibinishi," Rank 5, invites me to a Maze of Shakhrami PT while I am in Valkurm.  I use a Scroll of Instant Warp, head back to Whitegate, buy an Imperial Silver Piece, warp over to Windurst, then run out to the zone (which takes a good 10 mins)... only to fight TWO WORMS and have the party disband.  I could have earned 4x that much experience soloing on my own in the time spent running around and throwing away conquest points.  Could have been worse, I guess... I didn't die, thankfully.

Moral of the story: From Levels 1 ~ 20 (and sometimes a little further, depending on your luck), Final Fantasy XI still sucks copious amounts of balls.  Thanks to the Empress Band and other modifications, it's a little less painful than in the past, but still... the incompetence of low-level players (or "n00bs" if you will) never changes.  Everyone rejoining the game recently - be patient and weather through the tough levels, like I am currently enduring on my Corsair, lol.

That's why after some time playing the game me and a friend started exchanging PLs, basically I PL'd her through solo from 1-20 and then she would PL me on some random job from 1-20. Then on 20+ we would start pting.. (sometimes it still sucked tho >.>)

I really wish SE improved FFXI's soloability. Not only would help casual gamers (like myself) to get back (or for the first time) into the game, as it would help anyone who just can't bother with certain pick-ups.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »

Our second copy got here!  I'm a level eight Monk, aww yeah.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: