Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334455 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Rule of the Rose
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rule of the Rose  (Read 1714 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »

Okay, so I've seen this in Best Buy, and other gaming stores for $30. The question is, is it any good?

The game in question is this one: http://www.atlus.com/ruleofrose/
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 01:47:27 AM »

Heh, I had a discussion about this game recently with a friend. I haven't played it, but he had, and he said that it was awful. Overall, the game was broken. The gameplay didn't work well at all, according to him. However, the plot was interesting. I would be willing to try it out if it were sold for $10. :P
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 04:36:49 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"
Heh, I had a discussion about this game recently with a friend. I haven't played it, but he had, and he said that it was awful. Overall, the game was broken. The gameplay didn't work well at all, according to him. However, the plot was interesting. I would be willing to try it out if it were sold for $10. :P

My GF had it for a short while, and I tried to help her with some boss battles. The control is horrible.

The best thing about it was probably the music and story. Which isn't saying much.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »

I have it, but only played a couple hours in.  I love scary games, but some of the stuff in this game as you may already know is a little out there...just disturbing.  I remember someone who reviewed it said they wished they could erase the story from their mind after finishing it.  That really only made me want to play it and see what the heck could be so disturbing, well now I *kinda* know what they meant.  It's not a completely awful game, just nothing really great about it.  I'd say wait until the price gets a little lower.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:22:37 AM »

I went ahead and read the entire script at gamefaqs, and was reminded of Killer7.  They both have similar subject matter, and controls that nobody likes.  It seems as if the presentation is just as schizophrenic as Killer7's, too... blatant falsehoods, bad chronology...

Being a big fan of Killer7, I am quite sold on Rule of Rose.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: