Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:17:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332853 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  tales of the abyss....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: tales of the abyss....  (Read 7737 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 12:51:17 AM »

I'm leaving Baticul through the Abandoned Factory (10 hours into the game).

Van sounds like he wants to elope with Luke when he tells him they ought to leave Baticul together.

At the very least, Van's definitely a father figure to Luke, moreso than Luke's real father. I hope there's a real reason why Asch and Luke share a resemblance with each other, other than coincidence.

For that matter, to what nation/organization do the Six God Generals belong? I'm still trying to figure out everyone's loyalties, and why who is attacking who. It doesn't seem to make sense why they'd be attacking Luke.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »

Technically, the 6 God-Generals are loyal to Daath, but keep playing and you'll figure out the real answer.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 01:18:27 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Technically, the 6 God-Generals are loyal to Daath, but keep playing and you'll figure out the real answer.

So~ the Order of Lorelei, then?
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

Yeah. I'd tell you the real answer, but you'll probably find out soon in the game.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 01:14:45 AM »

Well, if I have only one useful post this year, this'll be it.

Gynephobia/Gynophobia - the fear of women - is the phobia Guy seems to have, along with a few other noteable video-game characters (Adell from Disgaea 2 comes to mind, though he doesn't have it as bad as Guy). Yeah, it's a legitimate, documented phobia.

Jokingly, Venustraphobia is the fear of beautiful women, derived from "Venus Trap" and "Phobia" tacked on the end.

Conversely, Androphobia is the fear of men.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »

The Six G-D's are pretty fucked up IMO.  They don't really tend to act as a unit, and every so often screw eachother over someway at some point in one way or another.  Also, ...
Code:
I thought Luke's treatment after the Axzerieuth incident was kinda cruel

Otherwise, I love the game. Slow start, but the game picks up to a pretty damned good plot line.  And what the game lacks in gorgeous visuals (which we knows Namco is capable of doing well, instead we have Lagretta with a near 10 inch waist and blocky hair) it make sup for with great plot, characters and a damned fun battle system.

Personally I find that battle systems and players are looking for something more to be desired, a gameplay issue that can't really be filled with simple turn-based combat.  THe Atelier series is "cute" and old-school... but god damn is it tiresome.  Abyss covers the battle ground really well, and the multiple difficulties shuts up those who feel games are too easy.
I was a bit sad at first that the game has only six playable characters, 2/3's of which are fighting (so an attack from behind was never really a bad issue), but at least they're six really good characters (a good "suck it" to the Suikoden series, lets face it, only 20% of the characters were worth using).

Character wise, everyone is wicked to me.  Except Natalia, she's a fucken wench.  Loves Luke, then switches to Asch the next second, and the ending kinda hints at Guy.  Surprisingly Ion was a character I really liked for being smart, calm and calculated (and proving appearences are deceptive).  
And no matter how cool Luke is, he suffers the Ryudo complex.  Cool-guy-gone-Soft.  Boo, they're funnier before they try to squeeze in the "my friends are my power" morals.

Ah well, I digress.  9/10, go Abyss.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »

I don't think Luke went Soft, he just matured. He was a spoiled brat earlier on, and he develops into someone who actually realizes it's not all about himself.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

i thought it would be cool to challange
Code:
nebilim
on unknown since this is my 3rd playthrough. big mistake i was introduced to a world a pain >_> maybe i'll try that exhibition match again. also on the second playthrough im sad anytime Ion isnt with the group >_> Radiat Howl + Extension > Lost Fon Drive. i also didnt like natallia much but in battle shes pretty good on the second playthrough with the elven bow :D plus i love her costume where she has the cowboy hat on.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: