Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327447 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone interested in Bioshock?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Bioshock?  (Read 16385 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »

It's been getting absolutely fantastic reviews so far:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2346

I can't be the only one looking forward to it. The developer's got a pretty established pedigree.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »

You're right, you're not the only one. However, I think I'll just wait and get this for my birthday. I'll have Persona 3 the week before, I'd like it to not be shoved aside immediately for Bioshock.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 11:40:12 PM »

I am really psyched for BioShock, but I don't know whether I want to get it for PC or 360. I have a 360, but cycling through all of the plasmids seems unintuitive, especially when you can use shortcuts on the PC for combos and whatnot. Yes I'm psyched, but as Eusis said I'm getting P3 first.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »

I'm with you, superflat. I want this game, but I don't know which platform to get it for. I'm leaning towards PC, at the moment.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 11:51:32 PM »

For you two and any others on the fence about which version, keep the requirements and recommandations in mind. I recently built a new computer, but I went for cheap stuff since it was a semi-emergency replacement. I could probably run this game but I think it won't be as nice as on the X360, especially if Lost Planet is any indicator. As such, I will get the X360 version.

Also, my birthday's Sept 14th, so it's not like I'd wait TOO long for this. I will get this over Blue Dragon for now though.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »

Requirements are the thing that will probably steer me towards the 360 version. I don't plan on building/buying a new computer until later this year or early next year. Then again there is a royal fuck ton of games coming out this holiday season so BioShock could wait (maybe). I'll probably end up getting the 360 version when all's said and done.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 12:08:25 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Also, my birthday's Sept 14th, so it's not like I'd wait TOO long for this. I will get this over Blue Dragon for now though.

Ha! That's two days before mine.

I haven't really heard much about BioShock, but it does look interesting. I'm planning on buying an Xbox 360 at some point this year, so I'll probably play it on that.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:22 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
For you two and any others on the fence about which version, keep the requirements and recommandations in mind. I recently built a new computer, but I went for cheap stuff since it was a semi-emergency replacement. I could probably run this game but I think it won't be as nice as on the X360, especially if Lost Planet is any indicator. As such, I will get the X360 version.

Heh, my computer specifications are about, more or less, at the recommended requirements for the game. I may as well get it then, before the guts in my computer tower become too outdated.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 01:04:39 AM »

I'm getting it, but it'll probably be shelved for a while until I knock out Persona 3. I dig the creepy atmosphere, although I didn't hear about the clunkiness of the plasmids. Hope it's not too bad.
Still, I got my 360 for Mass Effect. Still waiting on that.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 01:48:33 AM »

I'm getting it fo sho, on 360.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:54:59 AM »

rpg and fps is a fusion i have almost no interest in. maybe you can convince me why i should think otherwise.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »

I don't have a 360 (can't afford one right now) but I am definitely excited about some of the upcoming titles like Mass Effect and Bioshock.  System Shock 2 was a very memorable game for me.  Even the first level was scary, and it just got better and better.

I approve of this nonsense!
Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 09:53:22 AM »

I'm interested in the moral choices the game offers. The upgrading of weapons and atmosphere also add to its appeal. I'll be picking this up.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
rpg and fps is a fusion i have almost no interest in. maybe you can convince me why i should think otherwise.

Play System Shock 2, that might convince you.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »

alisha says a lot of things and they don't frequently make much sense :<

Anyway, this is something that's a very, er, want-ish type thing for me, except my PC sucks for gaming, my laptop sucks even MORE for gaming, and my XBox 360 is... well, I don't have an XBox 360.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: